***Official Political Discussion Thread***

advocating hiring people based on their partner's race/ethnicity/religion? where does it end?
you can't pick and choose here. it's a foolish thing to demand of others from the inside when it's those very limitations have held people back on the outside
White people been doing it for the longest. All I asked for was a pro Black justice that valued the Black family.

Lol

just like the new Supreme Court Justice’s husband. All I asked for was a Black woman with a Black husband from a non ivy law school. Now all the “woke” sisters gonna be talking about you need to get you a white man like Kamammy and the new Supreme Court Bedwinch to be a successful and powerful Black woman.
You have always managed to act like a scumabag on NT.

But bravo, you have taken it to a new low

I hope you get banned again

It’s crazy but I told my Black woman mother that Biden would pick a half Black woman or a Black woman with a white husband and she agreed. This was months ago. I’m not surprised.

9EC36C30-149F-4A9A-A4AE-EA48B1139E98.png

The Lockheed Martin case was a class-action suit in which the plaintiffs claimed to represent more than 5,500 current and former Black Lockheed employees. Because it was a class action, Jackson had a duty to protect the interests of the Black workers who were not in court but who would still be bound by the terms of the settlement. Clemon is listed as counsel to the firm that brought the case.
Jackson found in 2017 that the proposed class did not satisfy what is called the “commonality” requirement, which is designed to ensure that there is enough overlap between all the class members’ claims for it to make sense to resolve them all together. In doing so, she was applying a 2011 — and controversial — Supreme Court decision about employment discrimination class actions. The problem with the settlement, Jackson concluded, was that the proposed class of Lockheed employees “encompasse[d] individuals with widely varying experiences of discrimination.”

Jackson also ruled that the proposed settlement was not fair, reasonable and adequate because many Black employees would be abandoning potential discrimination claims without knowing what they were giving up and what monetary compensation or other relief they were likely to get in return. Every one of Lockheed’s Black employees would have had to give up all rights to sue the company for any kind of past discrimination to obtain a settlement in this one particular case, which challenged one particular employment practice of the company. Jackson believed that trade-off was unfair.
Does this indicate that Jackson is biased against, or for, Black plaintiffs or claims of workplace discrimination? At worst, Jackson seems to have been protecting one group of Black Lockheed employees from having their interests sacrificed for those of another group of Black employees. The history of African American federal judges, and of worries that they might be biased in discrimination cases, should lead one to be humble about drawing such broad conclusions, based on limited proof, about what a Black female justice is likely to do on the court.

Still doesn’t change the fact that her husband is a white man.
I don't care, and you shouldn't.

Jackson also ruled that the proposed settlement was not fair, reasonable and adequate because many Black employees would be abandoning potential discrimination claims without knowing what they were giving up and what monetary compensation or other relief they were likely to get in return. Every one of Lockheed’s Black employees would have had to give up all rights to sue the company for any kind of past discrimination to obtain a settlement in this one particular case, which challenged one particular employment practice of the company. Jackson believed that trade-off was unfair.
In other words, LM would have been satisfied with settling with its black employees for one type of discriminatory employment practice in order to avoid being sued/punished for all other discriminatory practices, when all those black employees didn't even endure the practice the lawsuit was subject of in the first place.

I care more about the fact that she saw through the BS and made a decision that would protect the ability of other black employees to be duly compensated for whatever discrimination they endured.

Back
Top Bottom