***Official Political Discussion Thread***

1656093881110.jpeg

was anyone else outraged when pelosi supported anti abortionist democrat henry cuellar in texas instead of the progressive candidate jessica cisneros? ****'s all sweet though.

6kri63.jpg

Like ****ing clockwork in here when major injustices are perpetrated.

this doesn't really capture what's been going on. funny though

You simply don't understand how electoral politics work in any serious way though

No you clearly don't because you somehow still believe that these people have the publics best interest at hand despite CONSTANT reminders that they DGAF about anything but the rich.

All these long winded paragraphs everyday to explain to me why these career politicians can't put together a strategy to overcome idiots, bigots & criminals.

There is no other job in America where you can continue to come to your employer & tell them that your not seeing results because of what your competitor is doing. after a period of time there're going to get rid of you for someone who can actually do the job they asked for instead of giving excuses for everything.

One part is looked at as evil, corrupt & stupid, the other is viewed as good hearted, honorable & "intelligent" & like clockwork they get bullied on every important issue & go back to fear mongering about some other right wing boogeyman.

stop telling me what the right is doing & tell me why the left somehow never has an answer to stop it.

Can't capture the nuances and actual issues in a 3 panel meme. But the message is factual. Every time the minority rule extremists on the right do something disgraceful to the rights of Americans, the Dems get asked how they could let this happen.

This is a dangerous position to take and yet its always taken. As aepps20 aepps20 said, this lets the real culprits off the hook. It reinforces the idea that voting doesn't matter. It emboldens the right to continue to up the ante. Its a self-defeating viscous cycle that needs to end.

Hold the people who make these decisions responsible. Ideally that means voting them out, but the playing field is already slanted against the left thanks to the electoral college and gerrymandering. The left needs to outperform EVERY SINGLE TIME to just try and keep pace with the right. 2016 was the last chance we had to truly become a progressive country but bad takes like "dems don't anything" or "both sides suck" ended that dream. Instead we got this nightmare. And now is the worst possible time for anybody on the left to blame other leftists.

The electoral system is rigged in favor of the GOP. Not only through geophagy but from their own rigging. When power swung to them they used that power to make it harder the the Dems to win elections

If the Dems got the same amount of power as their vote share. Joe Manchin would be the 57th Dem vote in the Senate. They would win the presidency easily, and at worst the GOP might hold the House for two years before presidential elections

They GOP can achieve their policy goals with dropping the filibuster. Judges don't need 60 votes, tax cuts don't either. The GOP just lets judges and state legislatures erode civil rights. They don't need to use the Federal legislator for that.

Much of the Dem agenda needs 60. The ones that don't like fiscal spending always gets sabotage by centrist because last vote to pass legislation is much more conservative because of the GOP's advantage

So these dudes in either whining about the Dems what they are actually saying is why doesn't the party at a major electoral advantage not win historic margins, in highly partisan times, and use that power to overcome a massive structural disadvantage in government.

And the big ******* brain solution is not voting for them if they fail at this. Or mostly irrelevant **** like replacing Nancy Pelosi

Like read a ******* civics book at least.

Because you all don't sound like serious people

Sheesh

was anyone else outraged when pelosi supported anti abortionist democrat henry cuellar in texas instead of the progressive candidate jessica cisneros? ****'s all sweet though.

And that would change the situation ******* how?

Roe codification has passed the House.

This just reads as petty beefs passed off as principled dissent

Whew! the ignorance.
I don't even know how you can compare how a regular business is ran to how a democratic government is ran.

No you clearly don't because you somehow still believe that these people have the publics best interest at hand despite CONSTANT reminders that they DGAF about anything but the rich.

All these long winded paragraphs everyday to explain to me why these career politicians can't put together a strategy to overcome idiots, bigots & criminals.

There is no other job in America where you can continue to come to your employer & tell them that your not seeing results because of what your competitor is doing. after a period of time there're going to get rid of you for someone who can actually do the job they asked for instead of giving excuses for everything.

One part is looked at as evil, corrupt & stupid, the other is viewed as good hearted, honorable & "intelligent" & like clockwork they get bullied on every important issue & go back to fear mongering about some other right wing boogeyman.

stop telling me what the right is doing & tell me why the left somehow never has an answer to stop it.
This post is just putting your ignorance of politics on display

I def appreciate companies stepping up, but don't want this normalized and the Supreme Court let off the hook for this ****** neanderthal decision.

The answer isn't sexy but it's to vote. I get how annoying it must be to hear that but guess what, that's how republicans keep winning. They vote. In every election that they can, not just federal. They show up to every ****ing thing.
Republicans got enough power to put three conservative justices on the court because in 2014 we had historically low turnout for a midterm. It Dems voting at the same rate as the did in the election prior or after, they probably hold the Senate

In 2016, if the Dems win by 1.5 more, like was predicted, they take back the Senate, and win the presidency

People don't want to hear that the final piece of the road to the GOP's 50 year journey was paved by Democratic voters staying home.

So let us yell about Pelosi instead.

The answer isn't sexy but it's to vote. I get how annoying it must be to hear that but guess what, that's how republicans keep winning. They vote. In every election that they can, not just federal. They show up to every ****ing thing.
Ppl need to have a semblance of how the systems work as well because just vote turns into everyone wondering why Biden didn't just magically fix everything once the election is called.

It's how a couple senators could overthrow an entire presidency's platform and torpedo it

Or how alot of how we got here today was a chain of transactional votes (or lack thereof) to capture the Supreme Court and federal courts for multiple decades. This has always been a long game of change

So you believe that in a two party system, that one party can just reverse anything that the other party does at any moment?

in a two party system i would expect for one party to not let the other completely stomp on them every chance they get. They are literally elected to ensure that some kind of balance is kept........ but according to ya'll that's some sort of impossible task :lol:

the left wants more votes, more support & most importantly MORE MONEY...... so they could encounter the right doing ********, say we "tried" & throw their hands up in the air.

This country has been fueled off bigotry, corruption, and abuse from day 1, but ya'll wanna sit here and act as if this is some new revelation that happened in the past decade. at the VERY LEAST the left has been complicit in al of this & i gotta sit he & watch ya'll talk as if the country would be saved if everyone just voted "correctly" :lol:

As if the country being a 1/10 should drum up support for them to come in & make it a 2/10. Enough of this bare minimum ********

The nerve of trying to blame voters for not wanting to continue support of a clearly broken system & way of thinking

in a two party system i would expect for one party to not let the other completely stomp on them every chance they get. They are literally elected to ensure that some kind of balance is kept........ but according to ya'll that's some sort of impossible task :lol:

the left wants more votes, more support & most importantly MORE MONEY...... so they could encounter the right doing bull****, say we "tried" & throw their hands up in the air.

This country has been fueled off bigotry, corruption, and abuse from day 1, but ya'll wanna sit here and act as if this is some new revelation that happened in the past decade. at the VERY LEAST the left has been complicit in al of this & i gotta sit he & watch ya'll talk as if the country would be saved if everyone just voted "correctly" :lol:

As if the country being a 1/10 should drum up support for them to come in & make it a 2/10. Enough of this bare minimum bull****

The nerve of trying to blame voters for not wanting to continue support of a clearly broken system & way of thinking
More ignorance

I understand folks are angry but all is not lost. I encourage you guys to take the following actions.

1. Register to Vote
2. Check to make sure your voting information is correct.
3. Encourage family members and friends that aren't registered to get registered.

4. Donate your time and money to candidates that support your value system whether you live in the area or not. I donate to Rev Warnock and Mark Kelly on a regular basis. I live in the Northern most Town of Arizona called Denver, CO. I also live in the Western most suburbs of Atlanta called Denver, CO.

There is a lot of "I don't understand the American political system very well, but I will yell a lot to pretend, so people think I do"

It is like when my aunt starts to speak louder when her Hispanic housekeeper doesn't understand her.

Yeah, that'll do it

Last edited:
I want someone to explain in detail as to how Democratic leadership and the party in general could have easily avoided this.

No more vague ****. Like step by step explain the concrete steps leadership should have taken. And at every step, show they had the power to execute

the left wants more votes, more support & most importantly MORE MONEY...... so they could encounter the right doing bull****, say we "tried" & throw their hands up in the air.

As if the country being a 1/10 should drum up support for them to come in & make it a 2/10. Enough of this bare minimum bull****

:lol: I can't deal with wilfully ignorant people.

Back
Top Bottom