***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I believe this will help with turnout In November on our side. Whether that's enough who knows.
I'm tired of believing man. Been believing for too long in what I expect other ppl to do and see.

I'll continue to stay engaged and participate in the process because there's always going to be something to stand up for but yeah I have no faith in people anymore man. Not here

Last edited:
The guinea pigs I bought a few months ago probably understand politics better than you

Never heard Desmond and Otis make this bad of a hot take

I've already responded to you twice, anything past this i expect the sirens to come ringing. Have a good day go hug your pig, write up a bill, wateva you do in your spare time but please leave me the hell alone

I love this for so many reasons:

FB_IMG_1656096830076.jpg

-foe

Yeah, dems should just keep it 100. Not fear monger but just keep it real. Narrow in your focus on a few key things and try and get that done.

Just focus on the most important stuff like freedom and minority rule.

Really drive the point home about who is running this country and how few people they actually represent.

Can’t lie a day like today makes me want to quit and stop caring about politics.

It’s really frustrating and it’s making me believe that 365 million people is just too many people to govern. The cultural differences are just too vast to overcome.

Now every dime is going to put forth to making sure Roe V Wade is back somehow. We’re now back to fighting for rights in the 1960s.

This isn’t a step backward. This is a mile backwards.

How are the Dems supposed to get anything done if they don't have the votes to do it? Magic? I'm sure there's a lot of people who'd like an answer to that question if anyone has it. And no, you can't just do anything through reconciliation.

I piss and moan about the Dems too, but I ain't letting the other side that's just straight up evil and vile off the hook.

Was watching Who We Are on Netflix (highly recommended, btw) here recently. One of the things that was painfully obvious is how this country is always taking two steps forward and three steps back. After Reconstruction, after the Civil Rights Act, and most recently, after electing a black man president. BS never changes.

The issue with governing America is not the size or cultural differences

Is that our electoral system doesn't give citizens a democratic way to decide social and economic issues.

Bad faith actors in the minority have too many ways to exploit the system and achieve their goals without public support.

The more partisan your country becomes, the more democracy matters.

The politics of the mid 20th century trick multiple generations into not seeing this.

I don’t think scaring people to vote is a good strategy.

Tell people what you’ll do if you win and deliver on it.
I've seen it time and time again. People have to feel like they're being targeted in order to get them to the polls in massive numbers. I live in New Orleans, so I can speak with some experience. This is a majority black city. And after hurricane Katrina there was feeling that this city was going to be taken over (gentrified) by white elites. Then mayor Ray Nagin made a controversial speech about this city " remaining chocolate at the end of the day".

He caught a lot of flack for it nationally. But it worked! People who were displaced all over the country came back to New Orleans just to vote for him. And he ended up getting reelected. All i'm saying is when it comes to politics: fear works! You need something to shake people out of their apathy. The status quo isn't working.

I've seen it time and time again. People have to feel like they're being targeted in order to get them to the polls in massive numbers. I live in New Orleans, so I can speak with some experience. This is a majority black city. And after hurricane Katrina there was feeling that this city was going to be taken over (gentrified) by white elites. Then mayor Ray Nagin made a controversial speech about this city " remaining chocolate at the end of the day".

He caught a lot of flack for it nationally. But it worked! People who were displaced all over the country came back to New Orleans just to vote for him. And he ended up getting reelected. All i'm saying is when it comes to politics: fear works! You need something to shake people out of their apathy. The status quo isn't working.

You’re right. I wish it didn’t have to be that way but look at republicans. They never actually have much to run on except fear.

Back
Top Bottom