***Official Political Discussion Thread***

1668632694264.png

True. Admittedly some of the intangibles which worked in his favor in 2016 aren’t going to be there in 2024. And yeah you’re seeing more conservatives see through his bs and seeing all his flaws.

But he does still have enough sway within the party to where if he did run 3rd party it’s going to divide up the votes and to where he still has a very legitimate shot at winning the nomination outright. But I agree, he doesn’t have the momentum he had in 2015/16 this time around.

The thing with Trump is had he not won the nomination in 2016, I doubt he would’ve taken that L gracefully. We avoided that scenario since he won the nomination. But If he takes the L in 2024 primary wise, I just can’t see him falling in line, rallying behind DeSantis or whoever and doing what candidates who lose in the primaries normally do. Especially if things get ugly during the primaries and DeSantis tries to match his energy. I just don’t see him going away quietly if he takes that L.
trump's first rodeo was perfectly timed in 2016. weak primary republican opponents and a divided Democratic party. Hillary wasn't trusted enough to swing the whole Bernie supporters to her side inspite of Bernie's endorsement. atleast half of Bernie supporters felt cheated or betrayed and from the looks of it was instrumental on the swing or moderate states.

a narcissist would always be a narcissist. biggest mistakeby the GOP was allowing Trump into their party which pretty much sealed their fate. I believe the Republicans wouldn't win a presidential seat for atleast a decade til something changes inside the party. I don't believe moderates would trust any of those Republicans til someone new or something changes or sabotage the Democrats.

all the Republicans could do is treat trump as insignificant and at the same time put him behind bars if they really want to get rid of him totally.

trump's first rodeo was perfectly timed in 2016. weak primary republican opponents and a divided Democratic party. Hillary wasn't trusted enough to swing the whole Bernie supporters to her side inspite of Bernie's endorsement. atleast half of Bernie supporters felt cheated or betrayed and from the looks of it was instrumental on the swing or moderate states.

a narcissist would always be a narcissist. biggest mistakeby the GOP was allowing Trump into their party which pretty much sealed their fate. I believe the Republicans wouldn't win a presidential seat for atleast a decade til something changes inside the party. I don't believe moderates would trust any of those Republicans til someone new or something changes or sabotage the Democrats.

all the Republicans could do is treat trump as insignificant and at the same time put him behind bars if they really want to get rid of him totally.

Oh I agree. 2016 was a perfect storm where all the stars aligned. But him winning does give him credibility amongst conservative voters even with all his scandal.

As for your last part. I said something along those lines that it would be comical as hell to see the GOP suddenly get on board with all the investigations if they felt he was detrimental to their 2024 plans. I’m sure they would make a bad faith attempt to frame it as trying to get him out the paint “for the good of the country”.

Something is going to have to give though. Because he doesn’t give a damn about the GOP unless they can benefit him. He’ll be 78 in 2024. This is likely his last hurrah, he’s not going to be signing kumbaya with the GOP if he’s not the nominee and a free man. It’s funny seeing people on the conservative part of Reddit starting to acknowledge that and admit that Trump is only all about Trump though.

there's no "angry woman" running against him and no catchy "lock her up" catch phrase (as of yet) so he's gonna have to manufacture some outrage to rally the non-MAGAs

edit: I suppose if it's Biden he can roll out "sleepy Joe" but it's pretty tired unless your in cult 45.

Last edited:
Y'all remember we had 12 ****ing GOP debates across 2015 and 2016 before the Republicans settled on Trump as nominee? We're going to be railroaded by that **** again in the news...

Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 6.44.51 PM.png

Y'all remember we had 12 ****ing GOP debates across 2015 and 2016 before the Republicans settled on Trump as nominee? We're going to be railroaded by that **** again in the news...

Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 6.44.51 PM.png

going be hilarious to see trump.. desantis.. pence.. and whoever else go at it

let Kari lake on stage.. marge too.. and ole girl from colorado.. hell palin too

gop made their bed.. finally we can enjoy watching them have to lay in it

CNN giving mike pence air time to promo his book and pander to right wingers with a town hall

Back
Top Bottom