***Official Political Discussion Thread***

dwalk31 dwalk31

1688223012840.gif

1688230425805.png

Are they - minorities working fo the GOP - not tired of being taken for the tools they are?

Like, when they go to work and someone makes a homophobic joke, does the light in their brain not go "ding" regarding where they are and who's paying them? Is there even a light bulb up there? Do they exhibit an extreme case of masochism?

I just don't get it...

Who wants to bet there probably exists a Clarence Thomas award in those circles?

Gov. Ron DeSantis on Friday signed a measure that will overhaul the state's alimony laws, after three vetoes of similar bills and a decade of emotional clashes over the issue.

The measure (SB 1416) includes doing away with what is known as permanent alimony. DeSantis' approval came a year after he nixed a similar bill that sought to eliminate permanent alimony and set up a formula for alimony amounts based on the length of marriage.

The approval drew an outcry from members of the "First Wives Advocacy Group," a coalition of mostly older women who receive permanent alimony and who assert that their lives will be upended without the payments.

But, as with previous versions, opponents remained concerned that the bill would apply to existing permanent alimony agreements, which many ex-spouses accept in exchange for giving up other assets as part of divorce settlements.

"He (DeSantis) has just impoverished all the older women of Florida, and I know at least 3,000 women across the state of Florida are switching to Democrat and we will campaign against him, all the way, forever," Camille Fiveash, a Milton Republican who receives permanent alimony, said in a phone interview Friday.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1688230425805.png

Are they - minorities working fo the GOP - not tired of being taken for the tools they are?

Like, when they go to work and someone makes a homophobic joke, does the light in their brain not go "ding" regarding where they are and who's paying them? Is there even a light bulb up there? Do they exhibit an extreme case of masochism?

I just don't get it...

Who wants to bet there probably exists a Clarence Thomas award in those circles?
On today’s episode of “Why is the Leopard Eating my Face?”…

I’ve been on the internet since 1993 and this video is weirdest thing I’ve seen ever online.

Also, you know how awful you have to be when MAGA people are in your replies telling you to be more inclusive?! lol

Speaking of having a normal day,

there's only one other place I've seen that many shirtless men in under a minute.

I wonder if it's the kind of place Desantis frequents.

1688230425805.png

I just don't get it...

dwalk31 dwalk31 as someone who spent years of your life wasting time defending these truly horrible and horrific people, any thoughts?

Is there anyway the government can subsidize student loan companies and cancel all interest on student loans? As some one who has paid off over 90k in debt for a bachelor's degree (yes i know) my interest rates were 15% when i graduated and then when i went to income based repayment they dropped to 8% and i was barely touching the principle.

It just seems strange that we bail out banks for taking on toxic mortgages but ya know....F them kids and their student loans.

Back
Top Bottom