***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Curious if any of yall have Muslim friends on social media and what their posts are looking like?

Majority of mines are and I’m gonna be surprised if Biden gets even 1% of the Muslim American vote next year

Joe Biden you cant hide, we charge you with GENOCIDE

So they should vote for the other party that has publicly stated multiple times we need to ban Muslims in America and not let them come here anymore? Seems smart.
wanna have eyes poked out or stabbed in nuts?

We’ve reached that level of democracy I guess

wanna have eyes poked out or stabbed in nuts?

We’ve reached that level of democracy I guess
I see you chose to edit out the racist *** rape example you thought was gonna be a banger

It is so hard to take you seriously with all the clown **** you have posted on this site

So they should vote for the other party that has publicly stated multiple times we need to ban Muslims in America and not let them come here anymore? Seems smart.
Never said their voting for Trump or a Republican/

But everyone I personally know feels betrayed by Biden with this Israel conflict so they won’t vote at all

My imam at my local mosque for Friday prayer even said no Muslim should vote for Biden after he’s supporting the genocide of Muslims / everyone nodded their heads

That’s such a bad take though and so short sighted.

One party is flawed but at least has the opening to change over time.

The other is run by religious extremism.

You can hate Biden all you want but choosing any other candidate is gross negligence of the long term directionality of the country. And i’m disappointed how much people can’t see that.

Biden presides over a country that is still by and large Christian. Like by an overwhelmingly large majority. It’s not a single moment in time when that shift will happen so to scapegoat him for the reality of the situation is really disappointing.

The goal should be the church and state are further separated. You want bad wait until it’s sharia Christian law out here under the republican side.

IMG_2033.gif

People can choose to sit out the election because they are mad at Biden.

Fine.

As long as they acknowledge the trade-off, and are honest about the political fallout

But I'm not going to be sympathetic to "both sides" takes or act like 4 more years of Trump are inconsequential or pretty much the same as what another 4 years of Biden would mean

People tried that **** in 2016 and it blew up in their faces.

Voting for Jill Stein and staying home probably locked in a right-wing majority on the Supreme Court. A majority that has a great chance of being permanent. A majority that has a higher chance of co-signing anti-Muslim policy in America.

So people can do what they want. But they should be honest about what they are doing. And make bad political arguments and expect other people to entertain them.

Simple

You are not clever enough to be that smug

So the proof of everyone you know not voting for Biden because they feel betrayed is a bunch of cherry-picked news stories :lol:

Be a better troll. We deserve better

Trump literally banning Muslims and people out here with i’m not voting for Biden!

The lack of critical thinking is really something.

Voting because of disagreement with foreign policy decisions and ignoring what happens right here in front of you is the full out definition of failing to see the bigger picture.

And i truly despise those weak people that won’t make a hard decision when it comes to voting. You can’t just pretend that abstaining from voting or voting for someone else has no impact. Your choices can put someone like a Trump in power and I hold these people fully culpable.

wtv i just this is how civilizations fall apart. through rips and tears and eventually internal discord and disagreement. if we don’t see some sort of internal conflict in the next 20 years illl be shocked because the level of difference of christian extremist fundamentalism and an open society with minimum governmental interference in matters of religion and choice is a chasm apart

Very few Muslim Americans like Trump, there’s no love lost there and no one here needs to remind them of his antipathy towards Muslims.

I think the reason why so many Muslim Americans are upset is that they are seeing the fact that within the Democratic coalition, which is broad and diverse. Thats there’s a basic membership and a premium membership.

Basic tier members take what little they can get policy wise, get told to wait until 202x for real change, and are beaten with the cudgel that is Trump.

Premium members get taken care of, premium members’ concerns are addressed, Democratic Presidents are careful not to offend premium members in the first place and if they do, they make amends.

The funny thing is that some of the least reliable Democratic voters are well represented among the premium membership. Cops, affluent white suburbanites, major donors (or voting blocs that tend to donate a lot), defense contractors, and neocons who say mean things about Trump, they get the red carpet treatment.

It’s definitely a two tiered party and obviously Democratic politicians want to make every bloc think they actually have a premium membership. And I think that Muslim Americans thought that they had earned premium membership with so many of them in the swing State of Michigan and with so many gestures towards a genuine racial reckoning and broader representation coming from so many Democratic politicians since 2020. Joe Biden swiftly disabused them of that notion when he pledged unconditional support for Israel, opposed a cease fire, and said that Palestinian death tolls are inflated.

The fact that Trump would do even worse is not lost on anyone in that community. In fact being reminded of the fact that they have no where else to turn, is pretty demoralizing. The argument of “what about Trump” becomes downright galling when compared to how the Democratic Party goes out and makes positive arguments (and makes the policy concessions to back it up) for certain voting blocs.

The storm of fascism is very real and we are all caught up in it. Some have yachts, others have dinghies and after about a month of Israel-Palestine front of mind for most Americans, the President’s rhetorical and policy responses showed a key Democratic voting bloc that they are clinging to a piece of driftwood.

Rather than blame hypothetical non voters for ab election lose that hasn’t happened, maybe, just maybe make demands of elected politicians and get them to change the behavior that is currently alienating a bloc of voters that the Democratic Party (and with Trump being on the ballot) and America cannot afford to lose.

Gonna buckle down and make the most sensible vote for my community but will loathe every bit of it. A protest vote is idiotic and destructive, but I couldn't say that I'd have the exact same mindset if it were my family/bloodline getting bombed right now

It should be easier for politicians to do the right thing than it is for regular folks to have to bend and vote for the status quo complicit in harming them. Not voting is worse than the alternative, but there needs to be a better alternative to voting for folks supporting genocidal campaigns

I hope Republicans get crushed up and down the ballot. But if Biden loses Michigan and it’s because his support cratered in largely Muslim precincts. The blame will lie with Joe Biden and not with Muslim Americans.

Muslim Americans understand their own interests better than us non Muslims do.

There’s no need to condescend to them and remind them of Donald Trump’s horrible record towards Muslim Americans. They know. If Joe Biden spends the next 11 months contributing to genocide, he will have earned that L.

This should be one of the easiest blocs to win back.

Very few Muslim Americans like Trump, there’s no love lost there and no one here needs to remind them of his antipathy towards Muslims.

I think the reason why so many Muslim Americans are upset is that they are seeing the fact that within the Democratic coalition, which is broad and diverse. Thats there’s a basic membership and a premium membership.

Basic tier members take what little they can get policy wise, get told to wait until 202x for real change, and are beaten with the cudgel that is Trump.

Premium members get taken care of, premium members’ concerns are addressed, Democratic Presidents are careful not to offend premium members in the first place and if they do, they make amends.

The funny thing is that some of the least reliable Democratic voters are well represented among the premium membership. Cops, affluent white suburbanites, major donors (or voting blocs that tend to donate a lot), defense contractors, and neocons who say mean things about Trump, they get the red carpet treatment.

It’s definitely a two tiered party and obviously Democratic politicians want to make every bloc think they actually have a premium membership. And I think that Muslim Americans thought that they had earned premium membership with so many of them in the swing State of Michigan and with so many gestures towards a genuine racial reckoning and broader representation coming from so many Democratic politicians since 2020. Joe Biden swiftly disabused them of that notion when he pledged unconditional support for Israel, opposed a cease fire, and said that Palestinian death tolls are inflated.

The fact that Trump would do even worse is not lost on anyone in that community. In fact being reminded of the fact that they have no where else to turn, is pretty demoralizing. The argument of “what about Trump” becomes downright galling when compared to how the Democratic Party goes out and makes positive arguments (and makes the policy concessions to back it up) for certain voting blocs.

The storm of fascism is very real and we are all caught up in it. Some have yachts, others have dinghies and after about a month of Israel-Palestine front of mind for most Americans, the President’s rhetorical and policy responses showed a key Democratic voting bloc that they are clinging to a piece of driftwood.

Rather than blame hypothetical non voters for ab election lose that hasn’t happened, maybe, just maybe make demands of elected politicians and get them to change the behavior that is currently alienating a bloc of voters that the Democratic Party (and with Trump being on the ballot) and America cannot afford to lose.
I hope Republicans get crushed up and down the ballot. But if Biden loses Michigan and it’s because his support cratered in largely Muslim precincts. The blame will lie with Joe Biden and not with Muslim Americans.

Muslim Americans understand their own interests better than us non Muslims do.

There’s no need to condescend to them and remind them of Donald Trump’s horrible record towards Muslim Americans. They know. If Joe Biden spends the next 11 months contributing to genocide, he will have earned that L.

This should be one of the easiest blocs to win back.
Who are you even talking to?

Or is this just a replay of your 2020 schtick where you are just using the feelings that exist within one marginalized group as a vehicle to criticize the black posters in here?

Namely me.

Let me know so I can plan ahead to just scroll by the subtweets

RustyShackleford RustyShackleford

I like/upvote most of the post you put up. Why would I take a swipe at you?

2020 is over and quite frankly, I feel stupid for even caring so much seeing as how my preferred primary candidate would have been just as disappointing on Palestinian civil rights as Biden (maybe he’d have been a little bit better, maybe a little worse but same ballpark).

Dont think it’s a bad take.

People of certain religions or backgrounds don’t trust politicians as is and aren’t nearly as educated about their policies.

A majority of Jews voted for Trump because he stated he was for the state of Israel. Thats all they needed to hear.

Now with the way Biden is supporting Israel, he’ll be getting a lot of Jewish votes. I’m pretty sure his rating among the Jewish communities shot up after this war.

So not surprised that Muslims are going to be voting against Biden. It’s the opposite end of the spectrum. If you don’t support us we don’t support you. None of the other policies matter as much to both groups.

Back
Top Bottom