***Official Political Discussion Thread***

okay fair enough.

if i had to bet, im betting the younger activist class will all come home come election time.

I agree. This is the most likely outcome.

Donald Trump doesn’t have the discipline to exploit this intra party rupture within the Democratic Coalition.

Donald Trump will tell about how we gotta kill every man, woman, in child in Gaza and he’ll make Biden look like someone with a watermelon emoji in their screen name.

I don’t think people are saying there’s no difference. We literally saw people sit out, vote third party etc in 2016 and you’re acting like this is such an implausible outcome. Yes, I think it’s plausible that people sit out. Yes, I think it’s possible that saying “oh Trump is worse” isn’t enough to swing the election towards Biden in some battleground states. Especially if you’re in Michigan where there’s hostility towards a Rep who looks like you like Rashida Talib, and the establishment is making no effort to stand up for her.

Like RustyShackleford RustyShackleford said, it’s a long way to go until November 2024. But you acting like this outcome just isn’t plausible doesn’t make sense to me.

1. well i said implausible not impossible. it's not impossible. but I think pretty unlikely.

2. Yah sure people sat out in 2016, but im not talking about the plausibility of some general voter sitting out.

Im talking about the plausibility. of a specific voter.

specifically;

- an Arab American, who cares A LOT about Isreal-Palestine.
- lives in a swing state.
- and Donald Trump is running on an explicitly Islamophobic platform.
- a year after the start of the conflict.

and decides to sit out of vote for Trump on the basis of Isreal-Palestine.
it just seems implausible to me, if you care that much and it the issue, the vote isn't symbolic anymore i find it hard to beleive this person is making a protest vote if Palestinian lives are on the line.

it just seem contradictory.
people are weird, I guess it could happen, but like I said, i think it's not likely.

and tbh It almost feels like some political commentators are wishcasting when some say voters will stay home.

and the hyperbolic way some people talk about Biden's handling of Israel-Palestine.

its like they are encouraging they "Republicans and Democrats are all the same" mindset.
it's like they want this to happen.

Last edited:
its like they are encouraging they "Republicans and Democrats are all the same" mindset.
it's like they want this to happen.
Well, I agree with this.

1. well i said implausible not impossible. it's not impossible. but I think pretty unlikely.

2. Yah sure people sat out in 2016, but im not talking about the plausibility of some general voter sitting out.

Im talking about the plausibility. of a specific voter.

specifically;

- a year after the start of the conflict.

and decides to sit out of vote for Trump on the basis of Isreal-Palestine.
it just seems implausible to me, if you care that much and it the issue, the vote isn't symbolic anymore i find it hard to beleive this person is making a protest vote if Palestinian lives are on the line.

it just seem contradictory.
people are weird, I guess it could happen, but like I said, i think it's not likely.
But it’s sitting out on Israel Palestine plus what they might feel like that signals more broadly. Even if Trump is an obviously worse outcome. I don’t think that’s very difficult to foresee, particularly with younger voters as well.

people are indifferent or don't like Biden, nobody voted for him because they wanted to. they just voted for him because he wasn't Donald trump.

it's not hard to believe people will sit out or vote 3rd party to me, 3rd party wouldn't matter though. rfk pulls from trump.

The wall though.

Presidents can pound the table and bluster. They can inflict pain on marginalized people, especially people in the Global South or those directly under the United States' Power, immigrant detainees and Federal Prisoners and to a lesser extent, those whose survival is contingent on Federally backed benefit programs. But in the broadest scope, Capital runs this Country. In most cases, that's a bad thing but it's not always a bad thing.

Capital will stand up for civil rights when trampling on civil rights is bad for business and that was obvious when Trump was not able to build his stupid, racist, settler-colonial wall on the Southern Border. It's pretty obvious, that the US Chamber of Commerce told Trump, "nope, we're not doing that."

In aggregate, market forces and demand for labor in the US determine are the largest determinant in terms of levels of net migration from Latin America. I think that for almost a decade after the Global Financial Crisis (GFC), net migration from Mexico was negative (I'm not 100% sure about Central American migration). But while, more Mexicans nationals were leaving instead of arriving post 2008, conservatives in their racial panic decided to permanently alienate the children that the paisas, who were initially just here to work temporarily, had on US soil in the 1980's, 1990's and the 2000's, had and who are now US citizens and old enough to vote.

If conservatives simply had **** and they would have gotten a great deal. fewer Mexican nations in the US and those who stayed and their citizens kids would not be a massive demographic bulwark against the GOP. But, hey, racism makes people do stupid things that are against their own interests, even as the racists would define them.

giphy - 2023-11-20T213631.933.gif

and the hyperbolic way some people talk about Biden's handling of Israel-Palestine.

Second, only 8.1% of Democrats pinned the blame for the crisis on the Palestinians, while 34.8% blamed Israel, and 52.5% blamed both equally. In contrast, 59.1% of Republicans blamed the Palestinians, 3.7% blamed Israel, and 31.3% blamed both sides equally.

I don't think qualifying criticism of Biden's approach to the crisis as hyperbolic is warranted. He hasn't exactly reflected the most popular position among Democrats.

- a year after the start of the conflict
- who knows of, or is related to innocent victims of Israeli bombings, which have been publicly embraced by Biden.

I think it's naive to think that proximity to the crisis will not affect Arab-Americans' opinion of Biden and the Democratic party. When your family/friends are dying, you tend to not care very much for the differences that exist between those who allow the killing to happen.

To all the people complaining about this previously

The IRS says you don't have to worry about it for this year's taxes

And next year the threshold will be $5000

And again, these are reporting thresholds.

You only have to pay taxes on profits.

But if you got some **** you been holding off selling, unload it now.

The IRS is gonna let you evade the taxes.

I don't think qualifying criticism of Biden's approach to the crisis as hyperbolic is warranted. He hasn't exactly reflected the most popular position among Democrats.

- who knows of, or is related to innocent victims of Israeli bombings, which have been publicly embraced by Biden.

I think it's naive to think that proximity to the crisis will not affect Arab-Americans' opinion of Biden and the Democratic party. When your family/friends are dying, you tend to not care very much for the differences that exist between those who allow the killing to happen.

I'm not shocked at this at all.

Every 23-28 year old woman I know is saying free Palenstine. I was at brunch in the chelsea's the other week and they asked me what I thought. I said "Free Palenstine" even though I don't know that much but if the yambs said free them.....who am I to argue???

To all the people complaining about this previously

The IRS says you don't have to worry about it for this year's taxes

And next year the threshold will be $5000

And again, these are reporting thresholds.

You only have to pay taxes on profits.

But if you got some **** you been holding off selling, unload it now.

The IRS is gonna let you evade the taxes.

LETS GOOOOOOOOOO

Fb marketplace been going off for me, guess o can accept Venmo again now :lol:

FOH with the 600 buck threshold

My job has been pissing me off for the longest, and I got a homie that works for the IRS telling me come be an economist for them.

Best believe it I ever make the move, y'all better not be talking about any reselling around me.

If I get a hint that mplsdunk mplsdunk is flipping rabbit feed, and not claiming the profits, I'm alerting the authorities.

Or if WASHED KING WASHED KING reselling Chelsea boots online.

I'm telling.

Let him sell a pair of Chelseas to Belgium Belgium and I'm getting those two for wire fraud, money laundering and conspiracy to commit misogyny

Try me, and imma be on my work phone like...
fbi-calling.gif

:lol:

I just can’t rock with it. It’s too petty. Go after some rich people. Let me flip my bikes and rabbit feed.

I'm saying.

It's politicians raking in millions and they want my chump change that I want to use on mimosas , turtlenecks and condoms smh. I'm this close to having a kid just so I can get a dependent. I'm getting WRECKED in taxes.

Back
Top Bottom