***Official Political Discussion Thread***

mplsdunk mplsdunk and RustyShackleford RustyShackleford

IMG_2176.jpeg

People are ignorant of how the political process works. Ninjahood spent years spewing nonsense and we had to collectively shut him down. I agree with my brothers mplsdunk mplsdunk and RustyShackleford RustyShackleford . People are idiots and they don’t have any clue on how the process works which is why we have clowns still saying Trump is the answer. We have to call their 🤡 takes out and push back. Cardi B needs to do more work. Civics needs to be taught.

The ol libertarian who wants to ban everything trick huh?

Denies people died under the dictatorship in Argentina, sounds like every other authoritarian.

so the contention here is that Arab Americans are going to then turn to....Trump and the Republican party?

color me skeptical.
They may just stay home, which could have an effect similar to voting for Trump, especially in a battleground state (Michigan) that happens to be home to the largest amount of Americans from the Middle East.

If you listened to the actual NYC residents on here you wouldn't have to imagine

Or you can look at these things called "polls" which are an aggregation of large numbers of people.

Rather than relying on a handful of sneaker forum users.

With just about every demographic reducing police funding is under water.

If you really support this idea, you should be clear eyed about the fact that most people, black, white, republican/ democrat are against it.

And you're gunna need to pursuade people that's it's a good idea.

Eric Adams didn't get elected by accident.

They may just stay home, which could have an effect similar to voting for Trump, especially in a battleground state (Michigan) that happens to be home to the largest amount of Americans from the Middle East.

Again, I'm highly skeptical given the intensity of Trumps Islamophobia.

And how many outlandish things he will almost certainly say about Arabs in support of Israel over the course of the campaign.

That in a close battle ground state, they would really just be fine if Trump won and stay home.

I just don't think Arab American voters are that irrational.

Again, I'm highly skeptical given the intensity of Trumps Islamophobia.

And how many outlandish things he will almost certainly say about Arabs in support of Israel over the course of the campaign.

That in a close battle ground state, they would really just be fine if Trump won and stay home.

I just don't think Arab American voters are that irrational.

I agree with you but I also know that if our leaders take the approach folks want to take on democratic underground we could be in trouble. Their approach over there is a who cares attitude with comments talking about Trump locking them up should be enough for them to vote for Joe.

I think that position comes from a place of ignorance and privilege. This is what we face with our own people sometimes. A few months ago Roland Martin had to unload on his own panelists for saying Black people should stay home because Joe hasn’t done enough for us. Two panelists blamed Joe for the failure of the Justice for George Floyd Act when it was Tim Scott and his inability to get 8 republicans on board. Roland had to list accomplishments and outline the tangible successes Black people have accomplished under this administration.

That interaction showed me that we have to appeal to everyone in our base and give them hope. Many will vote for Joe over Trump just because Trump is a mess but given the tight margins that might not be enough and if listening to your voters and showing compassion will keep even one person from staying home that is what you do. Nothing wrong with Joe going to Michigan and have a sit down with Muslim and Arab Americans and hear them out and let them know that he is working behind the scenes to de-escalate the situation. He should also sit down with a group of Jewish Americans in Michigan and let them know that his administration will do everything possible to fight antisemitism.

These are things that Joe is probably already doing but he needs to get in campaign mode and start getting on the road and talking with people.

That interaction showed me that we have to appeal to everyone in our base and give them hope. Many will vote for Joe over Trump just because Trump is a mess but given the tight margins that might not be enough and if listening to your voters and showing compassion will keep even one person from staying home that is what you do. Nothing wrong with Joe going to Michigan and have a sit down with Muslim and Arab Americans and hear them out and let them know that he is working behind the scenes to de-escalate the situation. He should also sit down with a group of Jewish Americans in Michigan and let them know that his administration will do everything possible to fight antisemitism.

I don't disagree but that wasn't really what was being implied.

The implication was that Joe Bidens policy in Israel will lose him Arab Americans and thus will lose him Michigan.

I agree Joe should reach out and positively campaign to all the members of the Democratic coalition.

But im skeptical of the idea that if Joe doesn't change his actual policy positions on Isreal-Palestine. he's going to lose Arab Americans and thus lose Michigan.

I guess it could happen, but Im skeptical.

any person who claims to be involved in politics who shares this video or co signs it should be unbelievably embarrassed

Joe Biden signed a $1.9 trillion bill,
which included 350 billion for states and municipalities.

and a $1.2 trillion dollar bill.

and he did this with the slimmest majority possible in the senate.

he's spent literally the most he could possibly spend if you're mad he didn't spend more, go be mad at Republicans.

and even if he could spend more,
Given the amount of inflation how much MORE should Joe Biden be spending domestically?

I don't disagree but that wasn't really what was being implied.

The implication was that Joe Bidens policy in Israel will lose him Arab Americans and thus will lose him Michigan.

I agree Joe should reach out and positively campaign to all the members of the Democratic coalition.

But im skeptical of the idea that if Joe doesn't change his actual policy positions on Isreal-Palestine. he's going to lose Arab Americans and thus lose Michigan.

I guess it could happen, but Im skeptical.
I think Joe has to get out in front of this and clearly articulate what his policy is. It is a delicate dance but right now others are framing what his policy is based on comments that he’s made. I understand why he publicly supported and continues to support Bibi. However, you and I know that he is pushing Bibi behind the scenes to not go full out and he's trying to limit the death. More work behind the scenes is being done but if Joe doesn't talk about it people think he doesn't care. A vast majority of Muslim Americans in Michigan will vote for Joe but if clarifying what his policy actually is and the behind the scenes work he is doing will help even one voter vote then it is worth it.

Joe and Dems in general don't strut their stuff enough and not so humble brag about the good they do for Americans. When you sit back the bad guys frame everything against you.

Back
Top Bottom