***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Why are the Houthis attacking ships in the Red Sea? The Houthis say their strikes are directed at boats with Israeli interests, and that the attacks will continue until Israel ends its war in Gaza. But in practice, the Houthis have targeted ships indiscriminately, experts say. Shipping is notoriously opaque, with vessel ownership and operation, crew nationality, and flag of registry often differing. Fearing attacks, major shippers including global leader A.P. Møller-Mærsk have announced plans to avoid the Red Sea and the Suez Canal—diverting some $200 billion in trade.

Goddamnit Rashida . What are your credentials for going after the king ?

Good explanation

The part about defensive military action allows POTUS to bypass Congress when the US, its possessions, OR armed forces are attacked.

Iran-backed militias have been attacking US bases in Syria and Iraq (115) since Oct. 17 because of the Israel-Gaza war. The Houthis, who are also affiliated with Iran, have been attacking those ships in the Red Sea for the same reason.

Just like you can't bring up civilian attacks on one side and be quiet about it when the people you support do the same, you can't cheer at proxy attacks from one side and complain when the other responds in kind.

The age old:

Attack a small country. Paint them as immoral rapists who hurt innocent people

Years later Americans ask “hey why did we bomb country X? Oh they lied to us about it. Man. I hate president X”

We falling for this again?

Maybe this time it’s true. Who knows.

The age old:

Attack a small country. Paint them as immoral rapists who hurt innocent people

Years later Americans ask “hey why did we bomb country X? Oh they lied to us about it. Man. I hate president X”

We falling for this again?

Maybe this time it’s true. Who knows.
This post is asinine

ut9fc7wuszbc1.webp

I’m not about to be pro war to run coverage for Biden.
No one is telling you to be pro war to support Biden

I'm telling you to maybe put more thought in your post

Because your *** outchea cosign bad faith nonsense from a dude that is pro Putin, defended Hamas, and is acting like the Houthis are some poor innocents

But go ahead and cosign nonsense because you think you are on the right side of the argument

Would not be the first time

Not crazy about Doug’s domestic politics but he’s sound about military related things (duh)

Last edited:
I don’t care about none of that. Biden is wilding.

I’m not about to run a background check before I react to a post. Calm down
Spare me this nonsense

I am asking you to do some basic research and pay attention

If you are to lazy to do so, fine

it's all happening again.

I'm having some of the same stupid conversations with some of my left-wing that I had in 2016

The two most consequential elections in my lifetime in the US were probably 2000, and 2016.

Both times, there was this far-left sentiment that the Democratic Party needed to fail, that it would be better for the country if they took a loss so they could reboot into this left-wing populist party.

Both times they were dead wrong, and the result of GOP wins were disastrous for the country and the world.

Yet, some folk are down to roll the dice again

It is infuriating to watch

it's all happening again.

Nothing against you osh since you helped me out with a Celtics vs nets bet a few years back that I won but

Our 2 choices for this year are 1
Trump who would support a genocide
Biden who IS supporting a genocide

Goddamnit Biden’s got my vote

Back
Top Bottom