***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Random, but this reminds me of the old music critic for the Seattle Times who famously recorded every interview he ever did, so as not to be sued for libel. He interviewed Anne Wilson at the height of Heart's fame (mid-80s). She made an outrageous claim that basically compared them to The Beatles (or something like that). MTV reported it, and she got upset and said it was all made up. They called the critic and he held up his tape recorder to the phone. That ended that controversy pretty quick.

To think, in 2024, we don't have audio and/or video of everything is insane. And, these politicians going after her should have these recordings available in the moment to play for everyone. It would shut these idiots up immediately.

I guarantee you if you ask a Republican would you rather a bill go through you oppose under Trump because it makes him look good or approve one under Biden you agree with 99% would say the former.

What scares me the most is how many Dems tell me how little Biden has done, I am no Biden apologist but he's done ALOT

For context, the mayor’s budget is 107 billion dollars. if you made $250k per year, the equivalent amount of your budget is $125 which is dinner for two at a casual NYC restaurant.

I really don’t understand the cruelty that wealthy people show immigrants.

You slick for just saying “wealthy” people are being taxed when middle and lower class are being taxed as well.

50 right. Blacks can’t get reparations while Jews and the American Indians have received theirs…..

Y’all won’t discuss that though. Black folks can’t get reparations but lower and middle class people pay taxes as well, that contributed to that 53 million…. Very sly of you

Didn’t a few of those migrants beat up a pair of cops?

You slick for just saying “wealthy” people are being taxed when middle and lower class are being taxed as well.

Is that what I said? I don’t think that’s what I said. Can you quote where I said this?

I’m not sure what middle and lower “class” (income) have to do with my critique of a statement by 50 Cent as it applies to 50 cent. Do you think 50 cent is not wealthy?

And I am quite aware that non-wealthy people pay taxes in New York City. I’ve sent six figures to NY city hall over my life. And every year I thought NYC could afford much more than the 1 Billion (or 20 times this immigrant aid package) they put into social welfare.

I grew up in Texas where taxes are notoriously low, but I’d much rather live in a community that cares for all of its residents.

50 right. Blacks can’t get reparations while Jews and the American Indians have received theirs…..

Y’all won’t discuss that though. Black folks can’t get reparations but lower and middle class people pay taxes as well, that contributed to that 53 million…. Very sly of you

I’m not sure what reparations have to do with any of this. But, there is money to help both immigrants and black people. If you’re looking for money to settle the debts of slavery, I suggest that you’ll find a lot more of it lining the coats of wealthy Republican donors than in the pockets of political refugees - many of whom are… black.

By the way, I agree that we have not done nearly enough to atone for this country’s original sin. I challenge you to find a quote of mine where I’ve said black people have gotten enough.

And, there have been discussions in this very thread about reparations. The search box is your friend. I’m sure if you had something to add on that topic, many people including myself would be happy to engage in it.

This is petty ugly nativism leaning heavily on the notion of group guilt. You sound like every racist white dude talking about “black crime”.

This kind of thinking that gives air to MAGA. I suspect you’re better than this.

It is wild that Trump is outchea saying

-He will cut taxes for the rich
-Increase inflation with mega tariffs
-And wants to keep the border a mess

And people are still trapped in their Twitter feed. And trying to convince everyone the right move would be for the preferred candidate Putin, MBS, and the Israeli far right back in power.

People saw what happen in 2016 and still let their brains get melted by online discourse.

Good grief.

Last edited:
I suggest that you’ll find a lot more of it lining the coats of wealthy Republican donors than in the pockets of political refugees - many of whom are… black.

In the first eight months of FY 2023, 43 percent of admitted refugees were from Africa, 28 percent from the Middle East and South Asia, 13 percent from East Asia, 11 percent from Latin America and the Caribbean, and 4 percent from Europe and Central Asia.

This is such a a ******** comment

You are free to post something to discuss

No one has to cater to your preferred topic, in your preferred manner.

Back
Top Bottom