***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I was assured Houthis were discriminate in their attacks.
Stopped reading at "Israel says"
As if an opponent of Israel would ever do something wrong, much less target civilians.
Nice try though, Israel are the real victims here. #FreeIsrael
Right DLF DLF ?

Jon Stewart does make bad political takes quite often.

He blamed Dem 2016 lost on identity politics and tried to both sides that election too. We of course know that was bull****. By spring of 2017 researchers showed.

This take list night that if Trump wins it is not that consequential was stupid. Saying that after you see Roe v. Wade get struck down after Trump gets to appoint three justices is an asinine take.

I remember losing a lot of respect for dude when Obama was trying to push through the ACA, and he was ****ting on it nightly.

He doesn't like the Democratic "establishment" and partially blames them for white people's anger toward liberal policy

It is cool if people like his comedy, and takes. I agree with a lot of what he says. But that **** ain't gospel.

Last edited:
It horrifying but funny to watch everyone just repeat all the mistakes of 2016.

leftist grifters grifting,
populist comedians both sidesing.
media fixating on Bidens "senility" while ignoring Trump's.

we are headed towards a Trump victory.
Im just waiting for Marc Lamont Hill to endorse Jill Stein again.

Last edited:

You got problems if your takeaway from this is that they're the same (or close).

There's old, and there's crazy and old.

I'm gonna go with old.

And if you agree with Stewart's last point about the thousands of anonymous people who keep this country going, you have to include the fact that only one of these candidates has repeatedly attacked those folks and fired them when they didn't eant to play the role of yes-men.

Lots of folks take the ability to speak truth to power (the Biden administration) for granted while willfully ignoring that Trump is explicitly campaigning on taking that away.

But let's focus some more on old men's gaffes.

It is cool if people like his comedy, and takes. I agree with a lot of what he says. But that **** ain't gospel.
Dude was a little too light on the craziness that has been coming out of Trump's mouth. Couldn't risk undermining the both-side angle.

• Haha
Reactions: DLF
Stewart I think cut his teeth in a time when there actually was fundamentally way less difference between the two parties.

Political polarization was much lower, there were differences. but it feels trivial compared to 2024.

I don't mind it but I find it a little annoying that on his Apple show he applies zero of that "both sides" equivalency to progressive cultural politics.

but on the stuff that actually matters with real politics, suddenly he can't tell the difference between the two parties again.

I was assured Houthis were discriminate in their attacks.
IMG_6210.jpeg

Maybe this is why?

What is a "pussyhat liberal"?

Sounds like some alt-right stuff
Liberals who wore pussyhats bc they were on “right side of history” back in 2016-2020 and loved women rights who are silent or don’t care that 50,000 women will delivery babies in a concentration camp during a plausible genocide with funds directly given to the entity by their own elected officials.

Picture wealthy white women who love to be dems and inclusive unless people darker than Steph curry move into their neighborhood. (Nancy pelosi comes to mind)

I am pretty sure I remember DLF DLF called posters in here that name

The posters here are all male, mostly under 40, and the majority are black.

Seems like he is using it as a lazy blanket insult

IMG_6210.jpeg

Maybe this is why?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
A Greek company sailing from Brazil to Iran under a Marshall Islands flag, but sure it must be because the company is listed on the US stock market and not because the Houthis are indiscriminately targeting civilians. Either way, those are civilians on board.
I thought you were against targeting civilians? Or does being listed on a stock market justify striking them with missiles?
Is this the result of your brain short circuiting because an anti-Israel group struck civilians delivering corn to their own most powerful anti-Israel ally?
Do you own a bank account? Any investments? Should they strike you down too for contributing to the US stock market?

who are silent or don’t care that 50,000 women will delivery babies in a concentration camp during a plausible genocide with funds directly given to the entity by their own elected officials.
Coming from mr free thinker 'who didn't really follow news until October 7th and just watched CNN occasionally'
Last I checked, the abuse of Palestinians didn't start on October 7th.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom