***Official Political Discussion Thread***

these 5 plus tulsi.
IMG_8604.jpeg

imagine how spineless desantis would have to be to run as his VP. that’s ted cruz level ****.

I’m in the trades and I don’t even push trades over college. :lol:

At the same time I’ll be dambed if I work a job where I gotta pay for healthcare and no pension.

It takes a certain type of person and most people aren’t that type. Not to mention no one can even do basic algebra anymore.

The damage to your body is blown out of proportion though. A lot of my co workers look a lot younger than they are because they stay active.

I will say though if you’re an active type person that works chaotic jobs like bars and clubs and want a place with benefits go for it. My wife went from managing a restaurant to a laborer. 6 figures full benefits and loves it. It’s just not for everyone.

I'm sure you know the folks who preach "trades above everything else" are the same people who will tell you how useless unions are.

With union protection, the trades are a great career path to follow. Without it, that's another story. I've worked in a couple of non-union shops (not as a tradesperson) and salaries were generally lower (only impressed the kids fresh out of high school) and management was stingy with the benefits, and it showed in the quality of the end product and employees' morale.

I'm sure you know the folks who preach "trades above everything else" are the same people who will tell you how useless unions are.

With union protection, the trades are a great career path to follow. Without it, that's another story. I've worked in a couple of non-union shops (not as a tradesperson) and salaries were generally lower (only impressed the kids fresh out of high school) and management was stingy with the benefits, and it showed in the quality of the end product and employees' morale.

Yeah I don’t do non union and never will. Why work for an inferior company doing inferior work?

Tbh I don’t know that many people preaching it if any. We’ll preach if you aren’t union you aren’t **** but half us are low key jealous of the office people. :lol:

I don’t feed into the blue collar vs everyone bs. We need both and it’s probably in our best interest to be on the same side.

I know the type though, that’s more the white trash dude making 1k a week and thinks he’s absolutely killing it.

For context my wife’s foreman helped start unicorn riot. We’re just working to get money over here, it’s just a job not a lifestyle.

Only hard rule I follow is I won’t work with non union people.

Tim Scott will always be a legend for saying “From cotton to Congress” I giggle every time I think about it, I can’t believe he actually said that.

Back
Top Bottom