***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I could imagine a situation where white middle class home owners no longer derive prestige from being white but they are still homeowners/small business owners and they will make common cause with upwardly mobile Black and Latino home/business owners.

After Romney, I thought for sure this would be the direction the GOP moved to: the voice of an increasingly multi-ethnic upper middle and Mass affluent class.

In my own experience, I’ve found highly educated black and brown people in prestige jobs find they have more in common with each other than with their own families. The right could have dropped the dog whistling and provided a voice to this emerging voter block.

But instead they doubled down on white supremacy and have put themselves on a path whose doom is predicted by the country’s demographics unless they bestow “whiteness” on a large population. Latin Americans are a somewhat obvious choice, but they’d have to drop their xenophobic border fear mongering. East Asians present a similar problem with the CPC boogeyman.

In a way, I’m relieved they didn’t pivot away from racism given the moderate success they’ve had with 3rd and 4th generation Mexican-Americans (no longer Chicanos) along the border even while demonizing Central American refugees.

Pro life….

1711803441533.png

Minimum wage in Texas is beyond trash though.

Lets see if they do it in a state with a reasonable minimum wage.

“Media Matters has pursued an activist agenda in its attempt to destroy X, because they cannot control it,” the lawsuit said, describing X – formerly known as Twitter – as a “free speech platform” that allows “Missourians to express their own viewpoints in the public square”.

Musk’s rise to mainstream political power was briefly threatened in November, when Media Matters published a report that corporate advertisements by IBM, Apple, Oracle and Comcast’s Xfinity were being placed alongside antisemitic content, including content that praised Adolf Hitler and the Nazis. Top advertisers quickly pulled out of X. The company risked an estimated $75m loss in advertising revenue. “Media Matters is pure evil,” Musk wrote in a tweet. That same day, X announced a lawsuit against Media Matters, accusing the non-profit of defamation.

A Nigerian woman who wrote an online review of a can of tomato puree is facing imprisonment after its manufacturer accused her of making a “malicious allegation” that damaged its business. Chioma Okoli, a 39-year-old entrepreneur from Lagos, is being prosecuted and sued in civil court for allegedly breaching the country’s cybercrime laws, in a case that has gripped the West African nation and sparked protests by locals who believe she is being persecuted for exercising her right to free speech.

According to the police, Okoli was charged with “instigating Erisco Foods Limited, knowing the said information to be false under Section 24 (1) (B) of Nigeria’s Cyber Crime Prohibition Act.” If found guilty, she could face up to three years in jail or a fine of 7 million naira (around $5,000), or both.
Okoli was separately charged with conspiring with two other individuals “with the intention of instigating people against Erisco Foods Limited,” which the charge sheet noted was punishable under Section 27(1)(B) of the same act. She risks a seven-year sentence if convicted of this charge.

Point the difference.

Trump really out chere posting pictures of the judges daughter now

On top of posting the truck with the sitting president hogtied on the tailgate

At some point this dude gotta face consequences

If any one of us posted a pic of the sitting president in ANY manner that shows any possible way of harm, we'd have FBI & the SS at our front door before they bash it in! This **** has got to stop!!

Oh yeah, **** TFG!!!

Back
Top Bottom