***Official Political Discussion Thread***

i guess it was final arguments in the court case today. does anyone have insight as to how it went and/predictions on the verdict? i haven’t been following closely.

Well, the judge told the defense attorney to kick rocks for attempting jury tampering. Juries do not consider sentencing when determining a verdict. There's no reason for a defense attorney to basically say they are tasked with that as well. They're looking for a mistrial, and the judge isn't having it.

i guess it was final arguments in the court case today. does anyone have insight as to how it went and/predictions on the verdict? i haven’t been following closely.

From what I read, the prosecutor spelled out everything very clearly and had all t's crosses and i's dotted. Basically restating all the evidence that shows he's knee deep. Defense brought up McDougal for some odd reason. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Most law people on various networks say the state has proven their case and the jury doesn't buy it when the defense was reaching for straws (like the attempted mistrial).

I hope to hell we get a guilty verdict in a few days. God I hope we do. Then people will know he's a convicted felon and correct me if I'm wrong, being a convicted felon means he can't vote?

Last edited:
From what I read, the prosecutor spelled out everything very clearly and had all t's crosses and i's dotted. Basically restating all the evidence that shows he's knee deep. Defense brought up McDougal for some odd reason. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Most law people on various networks say the state has proven their case and the jury doesn't buy it when the defense was reaching for straws (like the attempted mistrial).

I hope to hell we get a guilty verdict in a few days. God I hope we do. Then people will know he's a convicted felon and correct me if I'm wrong, being a convicted felon means he can't vote?
I’ve been following and reading way too much about the trial and I think the odds of a conviction are on the higher end but far from a safe bet.

The prosecution laid out basically two paths to conviction. Path A is easy and relies heavily on believing Michael Cohen’s testimony on key evidence.

Path B largely avoids Cohen’s problematic testimony and relies on the supporting and circumstantial evidence, along with common sense inferences to fill in the gaps. So this route does not require believing Cohen at all.

A juror who thinks Michael Cohen is a self-serving liar who can’t be trusted on the stand isn’t necessarily locked into agreeing with Trump’s defense that No Cohen = No Case.

Last edited:
I’ve been following and reading way too much about the trial and I think the odds of a conviction are on the higher end but far from a safe bet.

The prosecution laid out basically two paths to conviction. Path A is easy and relies heavily on believing Michael Cohen’s testimony on key evidence.
Path B largely ignores Cohen’s problematic testimony and relies on the supporting and circumstantial evidence, along with common sense inferences.

A juror who thinks Michael Cohen is a self-serving liar who can’t be trusted on the stand doesn’t lock them into agreeing with Trump’s defense. Path B is still a potential route to conviction for jurors who can’t take Cohen at his word.

Very true, but the state also proved that TFG was THE person who knew about all payments and signed all checks. The defense did a terrible job in trying to say Cohen went "rogue" . I mean, he didn't pay off Daniels for kicks and take a 2nd mortgage on his house to do so, WITHOUT telling his wife no less, for the heck of it! He did that knowing he was going to be paid back by the 🤡! And the jury is smart enough to know this.

Will be be found guilty on all 34 counts? No. Will he be found not guilty on all counts. No. He'll be found guilty on a number of them and that's all I want. A guilty verdict so he's a KNOWN FELON!!!

Last edited:
Very true, but the state also proved that TFG was THE person who knew about all payments and signed all checks. The defense did a terrible job in trying to say Cohen went "rogue" . I mean, he didn't pay off Daniels for kicks and take a 2nd mortgage on his house to do so, WITHOUT telling his wife no less, for the heck of it! He did that knowing he was going to be paid back by the 🤡! And the jury is smart enough to know this.

Will be be found guilty on all 34 counts? No. Will he be found not guilty on all counts. No. He'll be found guilty on a number of them and that's all I want. A guilty verdict so he's a KNOWN FELON!!!
I disagree with the first part.
With Cohen removed from the equation, the prosecution did indeed prove Trump knew of the payments and signed the checks. However proving that Trump falsified business records is insufficient for the felony charges.
Those additionally require proving that Trump knowingly falsified those records for the specific purpose of committing or concealing another crime. That “other crime” in this case is election interference.

Cohen’s testimony about private conversations with Trump establishes that last element. Without Cohen however, jurors must conclude that supporting and circumstantial evidence are enough to infer that Trump knew of this pretty obscure law.

giphy.gif

IMG_4162.jpeg

Due to ruthless deindustrialization in Bluffington, Doug had no choice but to open up 15 fraudulent social justice 501c’s and claim that he’s actually Black.

The boy, once known as Doug Funny, became Talcum X.

If actors are, IRL, the sum total of their movie roles. The right wing should not worry, they got Hercules on their side!

Wild that a former presidential candidate can do that and it's a minor bleep on the radar of national media. Truly living in a dystopia
Were also living in a time that a former president and current candidate have 91 felony charges

Like 20 years ago it was political death in America if you yelled all weird on stage at a rally when delivering a speech.

Were also living in a time that a former president and current candidate have 91 felony charges

Like 20 years ago it was political death in America if you yelled all weird on stage at a rally when delivering a speech.

Again, watch what happens if a democrat even dreams of doing any of this stuff

That yell being a great example

Hell imagine if bill clinton had multiple ex wives and it being known the reasons for divorce or Obama.. and a known child out of wedlock

Hell imagine if bill clinton had multiple ex wives and it being known the reasons for divorce or Obama.. and a known child out of wedlock

Hell, look at what happened to Al Franken. Refresh my memory if I got this wrong, as it's been a while, but he didn't do anything really terrible right, l but the innuendo was there and they said you gotta go. Am I close?

C-SPAN is still giving air time to Trump administration officials, especially those who still push the 2020 stolen election lie.

There's something very wrong with our media continuing to pretend that theyre doing their job when they try to draw equivalencies between the GOP and the Democratic party.

Hell, look at what happened to Al Franken. Refresh my memory if I got this wrong, as it's been a while, but he didn't do anything really terrible right, l but the innuendo was there and they said you gotta go. Am I close?

I could only imagine any number of things from current GOP that woulda been got Dems up out the paint

Hell republicans lost there minds over Obama wearing a tan suit while gym might have an legit allergy to wearing a jacket

1716993024750.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom