***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I could only imagine any number of things from current GOP that woulda been got Dems up out the paint

Hell republicans lost there minds over Obama wearing a tan suit while gym might have an legit allergy to wearing a jacket

1716993024750.jpeg
Was literally typing about the tan suit :smh:

What are the odds Trump gets found guilty today? Odds are it's gonna be a hung jury right?
I think the odds for either a conviction or a hung jury are both pretty decent. Manhattan is probably one of the most unfavorable regions for Trump to face a jury.
Even though the jury technically doesn't need to take Michael Cohen into account to argue the prosecution proved their case, I don't think it's unlikely that someone on the jury might have been swayed by the defense's argument that without Cohen, there is no case.

Cohen had to admit on the stand that he is a serial liar who wants revenge against Trump. He also had to admit to numerous lies for his own personal gain that had nothing to do with Trump. Lies to federal investigators, lies to the IRS, perjury, ...
Additionally he admitted that after being exiled from Trump's circle, he made millions of dollars in the media with his frequent criticism of Trump.
The one proper lawyer on Trump's legal team, Todd Blanche, also made a plausible case that Cohen lied on the stand during this trial. I don't quite recall the specifics but Cohen testified about a call and Blanche introduced evidence that the call was for a completely different and innocuous purpose.
I can't quite recall the exact details of what the call was about, or even who was on the other end of the call, but I do recall my reaction being that Todd Blanche dealt a convincing blow to Cohen there.

I think Trump's defense was very shaky overall but they were quite effective in painting Cohen as a self-serving serial liar who would gladly embellish or even fabricate details as part of his desire for revenge.

Last edited:
I think the odds for either a conviction or a hung jury are both pretty decent. Manhattan is probably one of the most unfavorable regions for Trump to face a jury.
Even though the jury technically doesn't need to take Michael Cohen into account to argue the prosecution proved their case, I don't think it's unlikely that someone on the jury might have been swayed by the defense's argument that without Cohen, there is no case.

Cohen had to admit on the stand that he is a serial liar who wants revenge against Trump. He also had to admit to numerous lies for his own personal gain that had nothing to do with Trump. Lies to federal investigators, lies to the IRS, perjury, ...
Additionally he admitted that after being exiled from Trump's circle, he made millions of dollars in the media with his frequent criticism of Trump.
The one proper lawyer on Trump's legal team, Todd Blanche, also made a plausible case that Cohen lied on the stand during this trial. I don't quite recall the specifics but Cohen testified about a call and Blanche introduced evidence that the call was for a completely different and innocuous purpose.
I can't quite recall the exact details of what the call was about, or even who was on the other end of the call, but I do recall my reaction being that Todd Blanche dealt a convincing blow to Cohen there.

I think Trump's defense was very shaky overall but they were quite effective in painting Cohen as a self-serving serial liar who would gladly embellish or even fabricate details as part of his desire for revenge.

The stuff I have read is that Blanche had a very bad closing and was admonished by the judge for saying things he's not allowed to say. That and he also basically helped the states case in some instances in his close. I feel he got his $$$ as the check cleared so he doesn't care if TFG gets convicted. He got his.

The stuff I have read is that Blanche had a very bad closing and was admonished by the judge for saying things he's not allowed to say. That and he also basically helped the states case in some instances in his close. I feel he got his $$$ as the check cleared so he doesn't care if TFG gets convicted. He got his.
He indeed got admonished multiple times for playing dirty and making arguments he absolutely knows were not allowed. I refer to it as playing dirty because even though several of his statements were disallowed, they may subconsciously linger in a juror's mind. Even if you take away the dirty tricks, his closing just wasn't good though.
You can argue he doesn't have much to work with but he made some baffling arguments in closing that are probably counterproductive.

I get that the felony charges rest on proving that Trump knew the falsification of the business records was done to commit or cover up the crime of election interference but there had to have been a better way to make that case than how Blanche tried to in closing. At one point he presented the DA's own evidence during his argument as part of his central argument that Trump lacked the intent.
He literally showed the DA's evidence that Trump knew of and signed the checks. I understand the argument Blanche is making but why on earth would you present evidence against you as part of that presentation? If anything that just gives the jurors an extra reminder about the state's evidence.

By all accounts, Todd Blanche is a well respected white-collar crime defense lawyer with an excellent resumé. He also has experience as an SDNY federal prosecutor. Completely different status than Trump's usual band of bottom of the barrel 'lawyers'.
I'm guessing someone of his stature must've secured payment up front. Trump doesn't exactly have the best reputation when it comes to paying his lawyers and he's generally unable to secure highly respected lawyers despite being a former president.

Last edited:
The South African was already the advisory council before he dipped.

Yeah, but that was before Elon went completely off the deep end.

Word is that his role this time around might not have anything to do with climate, energy, or infrastructure

Mother****er might be an advisor on border security :lol:

Trump finna build da wall with broken down Cybertruck parts

Last edited:
Actually ban da electric cars because the number one person it will hurt is Elon musk so it would be fine.

I can’t imagine he brings anything to the table as far as actual climate change progress and probably hinders it more with his stupid ideas like Tesla tunnels blocking mass transit and rockets for no reason.

Jerry Seinfeld said he is nostalgic for the “agreed-upon hierarchy” of American culture in the 1960s, adding that he misses “dominant masculinity.”

Seinfeld shared the comments on Tuesday’s episode of the Honestly With Bari Weiss podcast, where he said he feels cultural hierarchy has “absolutely vaporized in today’s moment.”

larry-david-confused.gif

Actually ban da electric cars because the number one person it will hurt is Elon musk so it would be fine.

I can’t imagine he brings anything to the table as far as actual climate change progress and probably hinders it more with his stupid ideas like Tesla tunnels blocking mass transit and rockets for no reason.

Thesis: Da Hemi

Antithesis: Cyber Trucks

Antithesis: World class transit system whose train cars run on electric Hemis. vroom vroom

Back
Top Bottom