***Official Political Discussion Thread***

"WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden announced Friday that Israel has proposed a three-part plan that would ultimately lead to a permanent cease-fire in the Gaza Strip, as well as the release of all hostages who have been held there for the last eight months.

Speaking from the White House, Biden said that the proposal comes after intensive diplomacy carried out by his team. The plan has been relayed to Hamas via Qatar, one of the main mediators in negotiations.

The plan's first phase would start with six weeks of a full and complete cease-fire, including the withdrawal of Israeli forces from populated areas of Gaza, and the release of women and children hostages, Biden said. This initial stage would also include a surge of humanitarian assistance, with 600 trucks carrying aid into Gaza every day.

Biden said that in that first phase, Israel and Hamas would negotiate a permanent ceasefire and admitted that there could be major hurdles.

"I’ll be honest with you, there are a number of things to be negotiated to move from phase one to phase two," he said.

The president said that phase two wouldn't begin until all agreements are reached. That second stage would involve the release of all living hostages in exchange for Palestinians imprisoned in Israel.

The final phase would be the start of a major reconstruction plan in Gaza and any final remains of hostages would be returned to their families.

“I’ve urged the leadership in Israel to standby behind this deal, regardless of whatever [political] pressure comes," Biden said."

IMG_5508.jpeg

:smh:

Paul Manafort, Trump campaign chairman - convicted
Rick Gates, Trump campaign vice chairman - convicted
Roger Stone, Trump campaign aid and adviser - convicted
George Papadopoulos, Trump campaign adviser - convicted
Peter Navarro, Trump White House aide and advisor - convicted
Elliot Broidy, Trump vice chair of inaugural committee - convicted
Allen Weisselberg, Trump Organization CFO - convicted
Michael Cohen, Trump personal lawyer - convicted
Steve Bannon, Trump chief strategist - convicted
Michael Flynn, Trump White House national security advisor - convicted
Donald Trump - convicted

Unfortunately, this is super relevant to the US. In fact, the US is an exaggerated version of this.

Los Angeles makes Johannesburg look like Munich or Barcelona, in fact.

If I had dictatorial power, my primary goal would be to make rich NIMBYs cry. I'd put so many high quality, income sensitive public housing mid rises in Malibu, Bel Air, and Beverly Hills, that the whole sociology and economy of this country would be different within a generation.

Back
Top Bottom