***Official Political Discussion Thread***

You could see that on Reddit. The tone of large news/current events subreddits changed overnight.

**** Gingrinch. We have a legislative body that is unprepared to confront the challenges of AI partly because of his dismantling of the OTA.

Some progressives are simply unserious about immigration.

They simply don't want to confront the real problems. So they just repeat their priors.

Even if I disagree with Biden actions

Saying he is no different than Trump is assinine

Reading the executive order would make that apparent.
While the EO is less drastic than Trump's actions on the border, it still validates the conservative states' strategy of using migration from the southern border as a political weapon.

I don't really like how Democrats pull policies out of a GOP-made sandbox to placate Republicans because instead of reframing the debate on immigration around the actual pros and cons, such a move feeds into the optics of the "invading hordes of non-english speaking folks" that everybody indulges in (just heard a black woman blame low teacher salaries on immigration), and it will ultimately hurt the prospect of a reforming immigration policy in a way that benefits the most.

While the EO is less drastic than Trump's actions on the border, it still validates the conservative states' strategy of using migration from the southern border as a political weapon.

I don't really like how Democrats pull policies out of a GOP-made sandbox to placate Republicans because instead of reframing the debate on immigration around the actual pros and cons, such a move feeds into the optics of the "invading hordes of non-english speaking folks" that everybody indulges in (just heard a black woman blame low teacher salaries on immigration), and it will ultimately hurt the prospect of a reforming immigration policy in a way that benefits the most.
Dude, immigration is a policial issue. People care about it, the media covers it. No matter how much I think their takes are dog**** stupid, that is the political reality.

I don't think the EO by itself validates that.

The status quo is is advantageous to the GOP

Democrats listening to some unserious leftwing activists/pundits/donors have left them without any solid message on immigration. Leaving the opening for the conversation to get filled with conservative nonsense.

America simply doesn't have the the capacity to handle a surge of refugees at the border in a orderly fashion. The asylum system is broken.

Republicans talk about this but they are not serious about fixing it because it is they know they helped make the system a mess, and the system being a mess helps them politically.

But it I don't think it is wise for Democrats to act like these things aren't true just to seem like they aren't agreeing with Republicans.

They need to talk about real solutions, and tell people how unserious Republicans are.

The Dems being cowards not only creates a political liability, it is hurting the refugees that need help.

Also, I don't think this executive order with change the prospects of future immigration reform. The GOP are bad actors, their bad behavior should not be put on the Dems.

Last edited:
Dude, immigration is a policial issue. People care about it, the media covers it. No matter how much I think their takes are dog**** ****, that is the political reality.

I don't think this EO validates

The status quo is is advantageous to the GOP

Democrats listening to some unserious leftwing activists/pundits/do orshave left them without any solid message on immigration. Leaving the opening for the conversation to get filled with conservative nonsense.

America simply doesn't have the the capacity to handle a surge of refugees at the border in a orderly fashion. The asylum system is broken.

Republicans talk about this but they are not serious about fixing it because it is they know they help make the system a mess, and the system being a mess helps them politically.

But it I don't think it is wise for Democrats to act like these things aren't true just to seem like they aren't agreeing with Republicans.

They need to talk about real solutions, and tell people how unserious Republicans are.

The Dems being cowards not only creates a political liability, it is hurting the refugees that need help.

Also, I don't think this executive order with change the prospects of future immigration reform. The GOP are bad actors, their bad behavior should not be put on the Dems.
Not only do I agree but I also believe that two left hooks and a right uppercut to da jaw of certain NTers through Venmo payments is equally effective.

Younger conservatives are so internet brain poisoned, that they are incapable of making political ads that don’t require large amounts of very specific prior knowledge of multiple conspiracy theories.

It’s so self contained that it’s incomprehensible to even most conservatives who aren’t extremely online.

She comes off as a crazy to person to the normies who decide most elections.

Back
Top Bottom