***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Immigration is popular with the public, as long as it appears like it's happening in a controlled manner.

Canada had the best immigration policy in the world imo for years, took in tons of people.

and the public turned on it once it appeared like it was a chaotic and people were scamming the system.

With the housing crisis combined with diploma mill colleges luring international students for higher tuition costs,

we now have tons of young people crammed into single family homes that have been converted into slum like student housing.
canadians started to notice this, and they HATE IT.
now you see open xenophobia whenever the topic of "international students" is brought up.

and now they are being blamed for the housing crisis.

now canadians are heated, and have soured on all of it. You can call it racism if you want to....but canadians how ever secretly racist were cool with until it became chaotic.

if there's even the slightest appearance of chaos in the system you have to make a BIG show to the public that you are handling it.

otherwise you risk killing the opportunity for future immigrants.

Immigration is popular with the public, as long as it appears like it's happening in a controlled manner.

Canada had the best immigration policy in the world imo for years, took in tons of people.

and the public turned on it once it appeared like it was a chaotic and people were scamming the system.

With the housing crisis combined with diploma mill colleges luring international students for higher tuition costs,

we now have tons of young people crammed into single family homes that have been converted into slum like student housing.
canadians started to notice this, and they HATE IT.
now you see open xenophobia whenever the topic of "international students" is brought up.

and now they are being blamed for the housing crisis.

now canadians are heated, and have soured on all of it. You can call it racism if you want to....but canadians how ever secretly racist were cool with until it became chaotic.

if there's even the slightest appearance of chaos in the system you have to make a BIG show to the public that you are handling it.

otherwise you risk killing the opportunity for future immigrants.
My issue with the American southern border side is that the solution is simple yet Republicans will always sabotage it to appease their bigoted constituents. Complete and comprehensive immigration reform that includes a path to citizenship and penalties for businesses that try to bypass the rules to artificially bring down wages would work. Republican Scums don’t have any ideas other than tax cuts and hate. If the immigration system were fixed it would be harder for them to get wins. I’ll never forget those scum Republicans in Florida that passed High Heel Ron’s immigration bill but then ran to the Hispanic community and told them to tell their families and friends to still show up to construction sites and that the bill was just “for show”. People have to wake up.

My issue with the American southern border side is that the solution is simple yet Republicans will always sabotage it to appease their bigoted constituents. Complete and comprehensive immigration reform that includes a path to citizenship and penalties for businesses that try to bypass the rules to artificially bring down wages would work. Republican Scums don’t have any ideas other than tax cuts and hate. If the immigration system were fixed it would be harder for them to get wins. I’ll never forget those scum Republicans in Florida that passed High Heel Ron’s immigration bill but then ran to the Hispanic community and told them to tell their families and friends to still show up to construction sites and that the bill was just “for show”. People have to wake up.

sure but thats kinda just the default reality you have to deal with

your political opponents will use inconvenient facts and lie to hurt you. that's just politics.

but you can't use that as an excuse not to try to win. im not saying you are, but that's the vibe i get from progressives on immigration.

people are racist,
your political opponents will lie about you.

you still have to try and win.

Trudeau took way too long to address this in Canada and continued massive immigration inflows while people got angrier and angrier

and now we are restricting immigration,

not enforcing immigration rules or letting visible disorder and chaos at the border slide, in the long run hurts future immigrants.

sure but thats kinda just the default reality you have to deal with

your political opponents will use inconvenient facts and lie to hurt you. that's just politics.

but you can't use that as an excuse not to try to win. im not saying you are, but that's the vibe i get from progressives on immigration.

people are racist,
your political opponents will lie about you.

you still have to try and win.

Trudeau took way too long to address this in Canada and continued massive immigration inflows while people got angrier and angrier

and now we are restricting immigration,

not enforcing immigration rules or letting visible disorder and chaos at the border slide, in the long run hurts future immigrants.
I’m all about getting the win and I support what Joe is trying to do . My issue is that the judicial process will stop this EO and just like the Senate bill, Joe will get no credit so the real question is how do we message it?

She needs an NT account; she'd realize he ain't the only Black person pushing that kind of nonsense...
I don't lurk in the black culture thread anymore, but I assume it might be popping off in there

I have seen it in the thread about crime in DC.

And the Kevin Samuels thread was filled with that sorta bull****

Matter of fact, whenever a black woman does something to piss of a certain cohort of NT medium value men, you see dudes try to bring it back up

1717707977865.png

1717708186806.png

Just wondering which one will happen first: Jim Crow Lite or recent immigrants from conservative backgrounds internalizing why America's minorities support Democrats at the polls.

1717707977865.png

1717708186806.png

Just wondering which one will happen first: Jim Crow Lite or recent immigrants from conservative backgrounds internalizing why America's minorities support Democrats at the polls.

These people already emboldened

Also

1717708186806.png

What's funny is Mexico is about to elect its first female president, one that's fairly left leaning from what I've read. I'm not sure what's with some Mexicans wanting to be hyper conservative, besides wanting to blend in with whites.

The best explanation I can find is that she used to work for Purina and now she is distancing herself. https://meidasnews.com/news/gop-candidate-no-longer-working-for-nestlé-purina-after-burning-lgbtq-library-books

The article gives no details but I'm guessing that Purina or its parent Company, Nestle, has a scholarship for LGBTQ students or something like that and in her mind and in the minds of MAGA, LGBTQ = grooming.
So you’re saying she had a real career but allowed her homophobia to ruin it and now she is spewing hate on Twitter hoping to go viral… PATHETIC.
Ain't mans scared of flying too?

Mans was probably in that club blowing campaign funds, begging dancers to let him bus them out

Mans probably got girls on Greyhounds all over the country. Sitting right next to Reacher
mans got over his fear of flying for them Miami Yams….. I don’t blame him

1717708186806.png

These people will never have a seat at their fascist table.

1717707977865.png

1717708186806.png

California is a weird State, in every way. If I could identify one theme that ties together our diverse sociological, political, and economic state of being, it is the idea that anyone, can become anything, at anytime.

On balance, this is an overwhelmingly good thing. in California, we turn dealers, gangsters, misogynists, cholos, cholas, Bloods, Crips, Vietnamese mafia, skinheads, Armenian mafia, Cambodian gangsters, and anyone else whom Orthodox Marxists might dismiss as "lumpen" in community leaders. In California, we see signs of your former misdeeds as potential and as proof of energy and persistence. No one is nailed to the past here. In California, it doesn't matter how much your have screwed up in life, you can become a pillar of your community with enough work and introspection.

As a result, some of the more reactionary immigrants thought that the whole Country was California. Going up to Idaho, definitely disabused them of that notion.

I hope that this family reassess how much systemic barriers apply to people across the US, due to one's native language and/or skin color.

Back
Top Bottom