***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I feel like if you take the two things Bouie is talking about, and you bundle them with two other trends.

One, the dissolution of shared trust in journalism, academia, and government agencies, etc.

Two, the fact that climate change is now undeniable and affecting millions of people, on a daily basis.

When you look at it holistically, I think that many future historians will look back and see 2020 as a pretty big dividing line. Obviously Bush v. Gore, 9/11, the Iraq war, the financial crisis, the GOP’s reaction to Obama, and Trump’s first campaign as all playing a role in putting us in this current era. But all those events still happened in a broadly post Cold War milieu.

We really are in new territory, we’re truly living in the post post Cold War era now.

giphy.gif

i’m legit super anxious for debate night. i’m praying that biden doesn’t flop. i’ll be extra happy if he does really well.
IMO, even if it does happen. We all know Trump is just going to deflect and hurl insults at Biden and everyone else against him to make a spectacle.

Back
Top Bottom