***Official Political Discussion Thread***

All of the below things can be true

1. Biden even IF he has declined, is still much sharper than Trump
2. Biden isn’t the sharpest of Dem options
3. Biden isn’t polling better than all of his potential replacements
4. 3 may not matter anyways because none of the polls show them beating Trump by more than the margin of error

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. There’s legitimate arguments either way.

Start at the 45: minute mark…. He seems fully aware of his surroundings throughout the whole speech.

And used some pretty big words for a someone who people are accusing of being senile.

Age related cognitive decline =/= can't read from a teleprompter.

The problem isn't reading or saying words that are written. It's having the cognitive capacity to respond extemporaneously to questioning in a dynamic environment.

4. 3 may not matter anyways because none of the polls show them beating Trump by more than the margin of error

Am I wrong or does this show Biden only down 2% and the different between Trump and everyone else being much larger.

Age related cognitive decline =/= can't read from a teleprompter.

The problem isn't reading or saying words that are written. It's having the cognitive capacity to respond extemporaneously to questioning in a dynamic environment.
Brother you are moving the goal post from he is old and senile to he debates badly. Don’t get me started on the ….. he has a stutter that makes it hard for him to think on his feet. Biden has been messing words up since the 70’s.

Brother you are moving the goal post from he is old and senile to he debates badly. Don’t get me started on the ….. he has a stutter that makes it hard for him to think on his feet. Biden has been messing words up since the 70’s.

no goal posts have been moved. cope if you want to.

you can post as many clips of biden reading words off a teleprompter as you like, no one other than the most delusional dem partisans are convinced.

1. It doesn't matter, the voters don't agree.
2. Obviouisly.
3. They all poll pretty close to Biden despite having less name id. less id + lower unfavorables mans more ceiling and more chance of chaning the outcome.
plus they can actually campaign.
4. It "may not" is better than certain L democrats are walking in to.

I think there are zero strong or legitimate arguments in favor of biden that don't involve ignoring reality or pretending polls aren't real.

no goal posts have been moved. cope if you want to.

you can post as many clips of biden reading words off a teleprompter as you like, no one other than the most delusional dem partisans are convinced.
I counter that by saying that some dems are looking for evidence to justify their ageism

1. It doesn't matter, the voters don't agree.
2. Obviouisly.
3. They all poll pretty close to Biden despite having less name id. less id + lower unfavorables mans more ceiling and more chance of chaning the outcome.
plus they can actually campaign.
4. It "may not" is better than certain L democrats are walking in to.

I think there are zero strong or legitimate arguments in favor of biden that don't involve ignoring reality or pretending polls aren't real.

What you’re not saying is Biden has been campaigning all week except when doing his presidential duties & all those other alternatives are polling worse than Biden right now. Am I right?

More ceiling means they have a lower floor, or am I misunderstanding the poll speak?

This is the part that blows my mind the most. I'm supposed to believe the average swing voter will have more grace for a black woman, a gay man or a Governor from the evil empire of California over Sleepy Brandon with just a few months to go? What's the point of even arguing this either way.

And its July and we got 77 year olds telling a 80 year to step down within his own party.

I feel like I'm in a Dark Mirror Episode seeing how all of this **** is covered in the media

Do ya’ll remember when the red wave happened? I don’t either

Seriously are the polls that are being used to paint such a negative picture of the election broke and if that is true is it a mistake or on purpose. I put nothing beyond republicans when it comes to getting power.

I work in alcohol distribution, so I'm in restaurants all the time. So many young servers and bartenders are voting for Trump because of the whole "no tax on tips" BS he's been spewing. That's literally the ONLY issue they care about. It's insane. I ask them if they truly believe he would (or could do that). They think because he said it, it'll magically happen.

I work in alcohol distribution, so I'm in restaurants all the time. So many young servers and bartenders are voting for Trump because of the whole "no tax on tips" BS he's been spewing. That's literally the ONLY issue they care about. It's insane. I ask them if they truly believe he would (or could do that). They think because he said it, it'll magically happen.

And if he wins, and his "promise" doesn't magically transpire, I can't wait to see their reactions! 🤦🏻‍♂️ I can already hear him say why it hasn't yet happened. He'll say, it's getting worked out and coming in 2 weeks time. Very soon! God our country is full of some really stupid people!

Will be a combination of dumbfounded, because it didn't actually happen like he said, and I can't believe I got snookered. If that happens, all I can say is....no ******* **** Sherlock!! Wow a guy who cares ONLY about himself lied to you!! You don't say?!!🤦🏻‍♂️

This is the part that blows my mind the most. I'm supposed to believe the average swing voter will have more grace for a black woman, a gay man or a Governor from the evil empire of California over Sleepy Brandon with just a few months to go? What's the point of even arguing this either way.

And its July and we got 77 year olds telling a 80 year to step down within his own party.

I feel like I'm in a Dark Mirror Episode seeing how all of this **** is covered in the media

On top of the shh show that would be created if they actually went down this path

Not only would they not stop with biden.. but whomever the new person is, going be a whole new shh show

Without factoring the Marianne Williamson, RFKjr or anyone else they want to pay attention to

On top of the shh show that would be created if they actually went down this path

Not only would they not stop with biden.. but whomever the new person is, going be a whole new shh show

Without factoring the Marianne Williamson, RFKjr or anyone else they want to pay attention to
Do ppl forget how they were treated four years ago in primaries?

Their prospects are that much better now? Based on what?

Mind you these are all ppl I wanted before Joe back then.

But maybe I'm lost. Maybe the average swing voter I'm thinking about is much smarter than I thought when they decide to vote and understand the policy and the administration is something you should keep in mind as well.

But if that was the case our president would have been Liz Warren or someone other than Joe to begin with.

At this point I'm ready for Project 2025 to kick in and of course the Dems will be blamed for that one way or another

"Joe Biden should have stepped down"
"He should have stepped down sooner"
"Why wasn't Kamala the nominee in 2020"
"Why didn't Newsome throw his name in the hat earlier?"

Same dumb *** cycle. One side gets graded on a curve and everyone else has to pay for it

Yeah I'll be back in September or something in here. ✌🏿

Do ppl forget how they were treated four years ago in primaries?

Their prospects are that much better now? Based on what?

Mind you these are all ppl I wanted before Joe back then.

But maybe I'm lost. Maybe the average swing voter I'm thinking about is much smarter than I thought when they decide to vote and understand the policy and the administration is something you should keep in mind as well.

But if that was the case our president would have been Liz Warren or someone other than Joe to begin with.

At this point I'm ready for Project 2025 to kick in and of course the Dems will be blamed for that one way or another

"Joe Biden should have stepped down"
"He should have stepped down sooner"
"Why wasn't Kamala on the nominee in 2020"
"Why didn't Newsome throw his name in the hat earlier?"

Same dumb *** cycle. One side gets graded on a curve and everyone else has to pay for it

Yeah I'll be back in September or something in here. ✌🏿

The election is in 118 days

Soo this new person would need to unify the party in that short window along with whatever decision is made on running mate

And then you have the financial and logistic considerations for a new candidate.. along with the BS legal challenges that will come from getting whomever on the ballot, already given campaign donations and even stuff like qualifying for debates

And while not a perfect example, some bernie people decided to go scorched earth based on the belief on a backroom deal being made to circumvent the voters.. and they would literally be throwing out the primary votes

And has been mentioned, you have the obvious problems ignorant Americans will have with the potential replacements (sexism, racism, homophobia and the whole California boogeyman)

But in this hypothetical, if it were Newsom there has to be some weird/crazy guilfoyle something at some point

1. Claim once elected you will drain the swamp
  2. Hire the entire swamp for your cabinet and appointments
  3. No wars! (increase military spending still somehow?)
  4. Claim you will "Fix" and repeal Obamacare! and. build wall
  5. Do not fix or repeal or build wall
  6. Cause a riot on capital..
  7. Run again and now lie about other promises and hopefully people forget about the little Obamacare thing you promised before and didn't deliver on, this will be different!
  8. Claim once elected you will drain the swamp
  9. Hire the entire swamp for your cabinet and appointments
  10. ..........

Am I wrong or does this show Biden only down 2% and the different between Trump and everyone else being much larger.
There’s a been a few post debate polls showing Harris doing 2-3 pts better. I think I posted one earlier in this thread.

It's kind of funny that Democrats keep saying that Joe needs to make a decision and brighten his clearly said he is running about a dozen times.

I do understand the position she's in. She's hearing the outcry from the down ballot Democrats who are worried but she also can't publicly call for Biden to drop out so she's basically saying "it's on you, Joe"

Last edited:

The thing that gets me is the total confidence and talk about guaranteed L’s and **** over a debate in the early summer before the election n polls which we seen to be sketchy at best for years …Alotta folks seem to have this all figured out already, they should play the lotto or something get a bag instead or worrying bout all this then :lol:

The loser mentality mixed with conservative style doom n gloom/ walk right into media traps is a nastee combo right now :smh: ….But yea you right it’s best to just stay out of all this and check back when it’s that time cuz everything is even dumber than usual currently

The thing that gets me is the total confidence and talk about guaranteed L’s and **** over a debate in the early summer before the election n polls which we seen to be sketchy at best for years …Alotta folks seem to have this all figured out already, they should play the lotto or something get a bag instead or worrying bout all this then :lol:

The loser mentality mixed with conservative style doom n gloom/ walk right into media traps is a nastee combo right now :smh: ….But yea you right it’s best to just stay out of all this and check back when it’s that time cuz everything is even dumber than usual currently

Biden was already behind before the debate. Things have been trending away from Joe for about a year. Joe needed the debate to make up ground on Trump and the opposite happened. Now Joe is basically in a position where he can't win.

It's not just social media stuff. Literally other Democrats running on the ticket or saying Joe cannot win. We're at the point where Joe may drag down ballot Democrats down with him. I don't think it's loser mentality / doom and gloom if the people who's literal jobs are on the line are alarmed.

Back
Top Bottom