***Official Political Discussion Thread***

The ozempic era has taken so much from us. :smh:

1000035612.jpg

:smh:
1721637888826.png

Twitter amplifies the message of 1 in 15 Americans. In reality almost no one uses it. And yet dudes sit on it all day and copy paste these hot takes like they’re representative of tens of millions of people.
That 6.67% of the US population.

That's 22 million people. That's way more than the margin by which elections are won (10s to 100s of thousands).

It's silly to outright dismiss these platforms.

Twitter will have folk believing that black men are leaving the democratic party in mass and voting for trump.. when in reality

Takes like this misunderstand how social media platforms are used.

The goal of right-wing influencers isn't to move Black folks to their side; it's to weaken support for the opposing party because Democrats rely on high turnout to win nationwide elections. Before Trump, the GOP wasn't smelling 10% of Black support. After him, it's 18%, which means that Dems have to spend more effort to convince the non-voter to vote for them.

I think some of you treat identity in politics in a far too simplistic way.

it's way more multivariate and intersectional.
Like to say a black woman can't win or a women can't win just way too simplistic. race intersects, with class, sexuality, gender in a dynamic constantly evolving way.

because of racism, there are SOME black women who can't win
because of homophobia there are SOME gay men who probably can't win.

Like you probably can't be a stereotypically feminine gay man and win.
as a black woman you probably can't be gaf machine like a Joe Biden and win.

But Mayor Pete could win, Kamala could win, because of the way their identity intersects with other aspects of their character.

Pete is a veteran, reads as mid western, typically masculine. ect
Kamala is highly accomplished, good speaker, very telegenic. ect

While I get your point and I agree that Kamala, Pete, etc can win, I think the multivariates and intersectionalities make things more complicated than you’re making them out to be. These are legitimate hills to climb even if we don’t like them. But I generally agree with you.

The same argument can be made about everyone in this thread/internet dropping meme after meme about Kamala needing to pick a white, male VP. How many people know what Andy Beshear or Josh Shapiro stand for electorally? How many people had even heard those two names before this past month?? Sometimes, it is simplistic identity politics.

And this is why a deeper conversation needs to be had, it passed in the house along party lines.. but Democrats didn’t have the 60 votes in the senate to get it passed

And you had idiots like manchin and sinema in that slim majority

That 6.67% of the US population.

That's 22 million people. That's way more than the margin by which elections are won (10s to 100s of thousands).

It's silly to outright dismiss these platforms.

Takes like this misunderstand how social media platforms are used.

The goal of right-wing influencers isn't to move Black folks to their side; it's to weaken support for the opposing party because Democrats rely on high turnout to win nationwide elections. Before Trump, the GOP wasn't smelling 10% of Black support. After him, it's 18%, which means that Dems have to spend more effort to convince the non-voter to vote for them.

1. Most of the people on Twitter (especially the ones who post about politics all day) are high information, politically motivated individuals who already have their mind made up. They don't represent the normal, low information voter that needs to be mobilized to win elections.

2. I really question that 18% figure. Republicans have been talking about increasing their black supporters for many election cycles and it's never materialized.

This TikTok on the George Floyd Bill doesn't reflect what actually happened and how legislation gets passed. The house (Dem Led) passed the Bill. It goes over to the Senate where George Floyd's family met with Democrats and Republicans on the issue and they were promised that the bill would get passed. Manchin and Clownema were both on board to get it passed. Tim Scott promised the family that he would deliver the Republican votes. He and Grahams negotiated with Booker and Congresswoman Karen Bass. The two largest police unions in the country were for the bill because it would've increased their funding. When Tim couldn't get the votes (they needed 60 and Dems had 50 but only needed 10 republicans) he lied and claimed we wanted to defund the police. The Fraternal Order of Police came out and said that was a lie and that their funding would increase under the bill.

I need Kamala to link up with Kendrick and make "Not like Us" the theme to her campaign. Replace all references to drake with Trump and have the first campaign stop be at Howard.

That orange orangutan is getting too comfortable with the "black vote."

1721660813047.png

Kamala Harris spent more time in Canada than Drake.
Kendrick is just as likely to rap about her not being allowed to say the n-word.

She can get a billion in donations. Doesn't matter unless she says what the people want to hear. Being a good speaker is key.

Trump better debate her too, because if he starts ducking thats a bad look for him.

It matters because it’s shows that voters are excited about the change. So it kinda does matter.

Donators excited about the change is true.

The ones donating arent the ones that are going to win her the election though. Thats like the top 2% making these donations.

My main point is you can donate 1 billion to any person/party tomorrow.

If that "politician" cant get the people behind them regardless of where or how fancy their campaign is, it doesnt matter.

I'm sticking to my theory that this will be the election with the least amount of voters in a long time.

Back
Top Bottom