***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Biden was the “anyone but trump” guy. Don’t play that card again

Voters on the fringe are looking for concrete solutions rather than repeated promises. Many key issues, like women's reproductive rights, border security, and police reform, occurred during their administration or have seen minimal progress despite prior commitments. The lack of effective backup plans or alternative strategies for these problems has been evident. Additionally, with repeated delays on student debt forgiveness and ongoing funding in conflict zones, there's a growing sense of frustration. It's crucial to present a clear and actionable plan that directly addresses these concerns in a new and compelling way.

Oh look the same 10 posters telling everyone their differing opinions are invalid or baseless and the same orange man coming back into power because both sides are EQUALLY feckless and incompetent.

Incredible

What's incredible is grown folks who are still unable to internalize the difference between opinions and facts.

Participating in public discourse requires one to accept they CAN be wrong. Those who get mad when their opinions get called out with factual info are often those who can't live with that.

did republicans not vet this guy or

This is what happens when TFG listens to his dumb as rocks sons (Jr & Eric). They were CRAZY for JD (along with the Monstars listed a few replies above) and wanted their dad to pick him So I'm gonna guess that neither of those two brainiacs knew many of the skeletons in JD's closet when they ultimately picked him. The older people of the party wanted Burgam but I guess they thought "let's get the young guy. He hasn't been in politics long enough to have a bad image or bad takes" 😂😂😂

OOPS!!

What the **** is his problem with people that don’t have kids
They're really talking about childless white women.

Because their economic power has grown, they are less reliant of being a good housewife (and mother), and their birth rate has, as a result, gone lower than other demographics.

Doesn't look good if you're trying to maintain the demographic dominance of your group. Also, because it's not the 18th/19th century anymore, Europeans won't move to a place where the social benefits are mostly proportional to someone's income.

"Childless people" is the best way they can dog-whistle about replacement theory. Their problem is that the childless cat ladies understood exactly who they were talking about, and in typical Republican fashion, they're doubling down instead of recalibrating.

I think Bloomberg/Morning Consult is considered average to above average

+11 in Michigan feels a taaaaaaaad extreme

Because their economic power has grown, they are less reliant of being a good housewife (and mother), and their birth rate has, as a result, gone lower than other demographics.

Doesn't look good if you're trying to maintain the demographic dominance of your group. Also, because it's not the 18th/19th century anymore, Europeans won't move to a place where the social benefits are mostly proportional to someone's income.

"Childless people" is the best way they can dog-whistle about replacement theory. Their problem is that the childless cat ladies understood exactly who they were talking about, and in typical Republican fashion, they're doubling down instead of recalibrating.

This a great explanation of what he really means by that stuff thank you

While it's partially accurate that the decline in birthrates can be attributed to more women being "independent," I believe the primary factor is the high cost of raising children. It is increasingly difficult for working families to afford multiple children while striving for progress or a comfortable lifestyle. Parents are required to work longer hours just to make ends meet due to the soaring costs of housing, food, childcare, and other essentials. This issue has developed over time and is not solely a consequence of the past four years.

While it's partially accurate that the decline in birthrates can be attributed to more women being "independent," I believe the primary factor is the high cost of raising children. It is increasingly difficult for working families to afford multiple children while striving for progress or a comfortable lifestyle. Parents are required to work longer hours just to make ends meet due to the soaring costs of housing, food, childcare, and other essentials. This issue has developed over time and is not solely a consequence of the past four years.

This is a big piece of it but also as you become educated. You realize that you want your child or children to have all the opportunity they can get. So you come to w realization that you can only afford to do that with 1-2 children max. Plus people also don’t want to become indebted by raising their children. Retirement isn’t cheap either and you need a decent sized 401k to be able to live comfortably. What you wrote plus the above 2 is a big reason one

When I talk to some of my more blue collar family members they don’t consider any of that. They say “what they make of themselves is up to them in just providing them food and shelter.” It’s just w different mentality between certain groups of people.

This is a big piece of it but also as you become educated. You realize that you want your child or children to have all the opportunity they can get. So you come to w realization that you can only afford to do that with 1-2 children max. Plus people also don’t want to become indebted by raising their children. Retirement isn’t cheap either and you need a decent sized 401k to be able to live comfortably. What you wrote plus the above 2 is a big reason one

When I talk to some of my more blue collar family members they don’t consider any of that. They say “what they make of themselves is up to them in just providing them food and shelter.” It’s just w different mentality between certain groups of people.
Absolutely, times have changed significantly. In the past, blue-collar jobs were often sufficient to support a big family comfortably, and not have to worry because that family could help with care in old age. Today, relying solely on Social Security for retirement isn't practical; individuals need to depend on a 401(k) and personal savings, which is expensive.

While I only touched on the basics, it’s clear that these factors contribute to the current situation. It’s concerning when JD focuses on criticisms of childless mothers instead of sympathizing and addressing broader economic challenges. Instead, he should acknowledgment the economic pressures on the middle class and a commitment to addressing these issues if elected. This approach could resonate with those women that feel forced to prioritize financial stability over having children. It’s perplexing why JD persists with this narrative, there are more effective ways to communicate understanding and address the real concerns of voters. Dude is an idiot ....

He's just an idiot.

Back
Top Bottom