***Official Political Discussion Thread***

While it's partially accurate that the decline in birthrates can be attributed to more women being "independent," I believe the primary factor is the high cost of raising children. It is increasingly difficult for working families to afford multiple children while striving for progress or a comfortable lifestyle. Parents are required to work longer hours just to make ends meet due to the soaring costs of housing, food, childcare, and other essentials. This issue has developed over time and is not solely a consequence of the past four years.
I agree with everything you're saying, but that's not what I'm saying.

It's very weird to claim to be a right-wing populist, only to chastise childless people...

...Unless your real goal is to promote demographic politics at the expense of other groups.

This is where **** gets insidious: Republicans will claim that Affirmative Action was elevating Black people at the expense of other groups and get a nod of approval from the historically asleep, even though White women have benefited from those policies more than any other demographic group, and nobody ever barred them from taking advantage of it. Meanwhile, policies like federal housing loans were actively exclusionary (redlining), and they would very much love to return to that.

The whole messaging of "childless cat ladies" is an attempt to sanitize one of the many conspiracy theories that permeate conservative discourse, mostly online and in their favorite gathering places (church). If they truly cared about raising the birthrates in the country, they'd do something about expensive healthcare, expensive childcare, and expensive education. If they cared that much, Republicans wouldn't kill the monthly stipend families with children got during the pandemic, which halved the child poverty rate in the country.

While I only touched on the basics, it’s clear that these factors contribute to the current situation. It’s concerning when JD focuses on criticisms of childless mothers instead of sympathizing and addressing broader economic challenges. Instead, he should acknowledgment the economic pressures on the middle class and a commitment to addressing these issues if elected. This approach could resonate with those women that feel forced to prioritize financial stability over having children. It’s perplexing why JD persists with this narrative, there are more effective ways to communicate understanding and address the real concerns of voters. Dude is an idiot ....

He's just an idiot.
He's not an idiot. Idiots don't go to Ivy League schools.

He's an opportunist. You are choosing to ignore that the bolded text is how he entered the public sphere, and after Thiel and other silicon valley magnates slapped him with a couple millions $, he made a political 180°.

The problem here is, people believe Republicans mean well, so they choose to be fooled by Republicans' words instead of focusing on their actions. Most of them only mean well for themselves. They preach selfishness and individualism. Their policies reflect that. What Vance is doing is expected.

I agree with everything you're saying, but that's not what I'm saying.

It's very weird to claim to be a right-wing populist, only to chastise childless people...

...Unless your real goal is to promote demographic politics at the expense of other groups.

This is where **** gets insidious: Republicans will claim that Affirmative Action was elevating Black people at the expense of other groups and get a nod of approval from the historically asleep, even though White women have benefited from those policies more than any other demographic group, and nobody ever barred them from taking advantage of it. Meanwhile, policies like federal housing loans were actively exclusionary (redlining), and they would very much love to return to that.

The whole messaging of "childless cat ladies" is an attempt to sanitize one of the many conspiracy theories that permeate conservative discourse, mostly online and in their favorite gathering places (church). If they truly cared about raising the birthrates in the country, they'd do something about expensive healthcare, expensive childcare, and expensive education. If they cared that much, Republicans wouldn't kill the monthly stipend families with children got during the pandemic, which halved the child poverty rate in the country.
Facts!

I strongly believe that the middle class vote is highly contested and can shift depending on the campaign’s appeal. If a campaign offers even modest relief for the middle class, it can win their support. One party promotes the idea that hard work leads to success in America while enacting policies favoring the wealthy, whereas the other party focuses on bridging the gap between poverty and the middle class. However, neither party fully addresses or provides significant relief for the middle class.

As a result, voters often base their decisions on immediate concerns such as immigration, inflation, values, morals and other pressing issues that directly affect them.

That might explain why Trump is targeting the religious vote. Despite his controversial and often divisive persona, he seems to appeal to religious groups who may prefer a more traditional, sinner figure over a candidate who embraces diverse, inclusion and alternative lifestyles.

osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh RustyShackleford RustyShackleford

giphy (2).gif

Back
Top Bottom