***Official Political Discussion Thread***

This is just a guess and people from the middle west, feel free to correct me.

At some point, and maybe we’ve passed it, it would seem like a better pitch to the Midwest is that they’ll make the region into high wage zone like the coastal metro areas have been avoid making the mistakes of the coastal metros, chiefly that housing will stay cheap.

I could understand in 1994, the return of Union manufacturing jobs would have salience but now, I can’t imagine many 30, 35 year olds from Ohio, yearning for the factory jobs from the 70’s that their broken down, drunk uncle can’t stop talking about. Doubly so if that Ohioan has a college degree and/or is not a cishet man.

Vance’s American Juche doesn’t seem appealing to most Americans, including Midwestern who work in lower wage and/or non manufacturing sectors.

I work at a hormone replacement therapy pre/post op center. I would say 75% of the patients I consult are transgender mostly.

I have my stance on it, specifically involving minors.

But I find it interesting he feels so strongly about it when it really doesn't affect him at all.

I said pretty much

When it comes to disqualifying the Dems you are doing it on a single issue

Your lack of support of the GOP is meaningless. I am talking about the Dems part.

Ok, didn't say you were

The whole indoctrination thing is made up

I am not dismissing your position

I just said I don't respect it.

I don't have too.

I heard it, I made a judgment about it, and it was negative. It is life, that happens.

I have a negative opinion about you negative opinion. That is life, its happens

Seems like I am not giving you the energy you expected so you have to act like I am.
Again, YOU asked me why I'm not voting for the Democrats. I don't care if you respect my opinion. I never asked you to. I don't know what energy you're speaking of.. I'm not one to make long drawn out paragraphs. I post my opinion and keep it moving. So I'll do the same here.

Again, YOU asked me why I'm not voting for the Democrats.
Yes

And I have a right to have an opinion on your answer

That is how a discussion forum work

I don't care if you respect my opinion. I never asked you to.
I never said you did

I don't know what energy you're speaking of..
You keep thinking I will react in a certain way, like call you homophobic or transphobic, do do whatever else.

I haven't

You want to act like I am just being dismissive and not consider your point of you

I have considered it, and I have a negative opinion of it

Just like you have a negative opinion about gay and trans people

I'm not one to make long drawn out paragraphs. I post my opinion and keep it moving. So I'll do the same here.

Ok fine, whatever

From a political standpoint, what Trump is doing by questioning Kamala's heritage (which is fair game imo) is smart by raising doubt about her credibility when it comes to how she identifies. He's directly trying to appeal to the black voters that don't like Kamala

He can do that but it just makes him look really petty. Just like he was with Obama and his birth certificate! But facts are, she went to Howard and was part of AKA. Two things that clearly show her ethnicity. For him to keep beating a dead horse knowing where she went to school & what sorority she was in, is just showing how racist he really & truly is.

Today was like watching a slow train wreck. You want to look away, but you just can't.

I have no hatred in my heart for anyone nor do i want any group of people treated in a hostile manner. But as the same token, I don't support alternative lifestyles. Call me homophobic, transphobic, or whatever new buzz word there is, but i make no apologies being a religious man.

That's the usual copout.

I'm around a lot of religious people who love to say this, but when they have to express their opinion on the rights of LGBT folks, they don't have an issue if someone tramples all over them. Instead they hide behind their beliefs.

Christianity doesn't require you to not have hate for your fellow human beings. It requires you to have love for them, and it requires you to not judge them. Two requirements Christians utterly fail at when it comes to those who are not like them.

I'm genuinely curious, how does that even become the single issue that you hinge your vote on? Do you actually live in this country and have to live with the policies?
Being from a culturally conservative country with its own version of trickle down economics, I have to laugh at folks who don't want to vote Democrat just because of their LGBT support.

Republicans will give you all the gay purges you want in exchange for bad water, intermittent electricity, government services conditioned on the level of bribes you can afford, crumbling infrastructure, and inexistent job prospects.

From a political standpoint, what Trump is doing by questioning Kamala's heritage (which is fair game imo) is smart by raising doubt about her credibility when it comes to how she identifies. He's directly trying to appeal to the black voters that don't like Kamala
A lot of y'all really like to overthink things...dude is just being a racist. Trying to stir the pot. This is not 5d chess.

If this was going to sway someone they were never voting for Kamala...

That's the usual copout.

I'm around a lot of religious people who love to say this, but when they have to express their opinion on the rights of LGBT folks, they don't have an issue if someone tramples all over them. Instead they hide behind their beliefs.

Christianity doesn't require you to not have hate for your fellow human beings. It requires you to have love for them, and it requires you to not judge them. Two requirements Christians utterly fail at when it comes to those who are not like them.

Being from a culturally conservative country with its own version of trickle down economics, I have to laugh at folks who don't want to vote Democrat just because of their LGBT support.

Republicans will give you all the gay purges you want in exchange for bad water, intermittent electricity, government services conditioned on the level of bribes you can afford, crumbling infrastructure, and inexistent job prospects.
Go ahead and top that water off with a little bit of culture war and 2 kids, you'll be alright.

TBH if you are a single issue cultural war voter, you should want Kamala to win.

Trump winning imo is what caused many progressives/leftist to lose their minds on the cultural front.

He can do that but it just makes him look really petty. Just like he was with Obama and his birth certificate! But facts are, she went to Howard and was part of AKA. Two things that clearly show her ethnicity. For him to keep beating a dead horse knowing where she went to school & what sorority she was in, is just showing how racist he really & truly is.

Today was like watching a slow train wreck. You want to look away, but you just can't.
From a logical standpoint this may all be true. But this is Trump we're talking about. You can't judge him by the same metrics you judge other politicians. The more Trump gets in the dirt the more he energizes his supporters. Even with the Birther issue, at the end of the day Obama still showed his birth certificate (even if it was in a comedic manner). And this issue with Kamala's heritage is one that's not going to go away.

Knowing about, making kids aware, and letting them know it’s okay that people are different is not the same as indoctrnation.
Also a basic foundation to help prevent bullying. If kids grow up thinking just saying gay is wrong, by the time they reach jr high and several classmates are gay, those classmates will be targeted.

Then you have no right to complain about either when one gets elected, with a 3rd party vote. Just saying.
Even if I didn't vote, i'd still have the right to complain. You speak as if our lives are going to change in any significant way if either is elected. We survived Trump's presidency in 2016 and we'll survive a potential Trump presidency in 2024. Life goes on

That's the usual copout.

John 17:14 “I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
John 17:15 “I do not ask You to take them out of the world, but to keep them from the evil one.
John 17:16 “They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.​

1722478838302.png

1722478910304.gif

No man, all of us didn't survive. People died cause of this fool and he's made no secret he's trying to get power and never give it up. Don't think it can't happen here.
Man, a person like Trump doesn't scare me. This orange fool ain't about to commit no coup nor will he assume absolute power. I'm sorry, but I don't share this alarmist position like a lot of you do

My
Even if I didn't vote, i'd still have the right to complain. You speak as if our lives are going to change in any significant way if either is elected. We survived Trump's presidency in 2016 and we'll survive a potential Trump presidency in 2024. Life goes on
When is just surviving the standard? I want my fellow man to thrive and be in peace. Many people have survived but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t want and expect better

The Dems lost me a long time ago when they started embracing a lot of these extreme LGBT initiatives. Specifically when it comes to trans rights and the indoctrination of this lifestyle on children. I cant support that.

So in your mind, you don't believe trans people should have rights? Or protections? Seriously? Do you look at them as a lower class of human? If so, that's disgusting & really disturbing. I guess you probably want them separated like they did back when leprecy was a thing and those affected lived in a colony?

And by indoctrination, do you mean having gay parents and other kids learning their classmate may have two dads or two moms? How are you with indoctrination of kids in public schools having to see the 10 commandments on every class wall? That's different, I'm sure.

Her heritage isn’t an “issue.” People who questions it likely weren’t going to vote for her anyway. And the longer this stays a major topic, the worse it’ll be for Republicans because they can’t help but say overt, racist ****. They didn’t wait a day before they mentioned Vance’s wife. Mike already had to come out and tell them to chill and she’s been the presumptive nominee for like 2 weeks.

Gonna be some crazy sound bites around her race before the election, even expecting a couple of secretly recorded audios leaking where they really go in.

I have no hatred in my heart for anyone nor do i want any group of people treated in a hostile manner. But as the same token, I don't support alternative lifestyles. Call me homophobic, transphobic, or whatever new buzz word there is, but i make no apologies being a religious man.

So, a religious man like yourself? You okay with all the religious talk in public schools? Something that should NOT be allowed, because there is a thing called Catholic School aka private school. Where parents pay to send their kids to learn about the religion of their choosing?

And since you are so religious, can you honestly say that the Republicans who back TFG are all hypocrites with their "party of family values" yet back a serial adulterer, like it was no big deal?

Back
Top Bottom