***Official Political Discussion Thread***

ezgif-4-ca011d6fc7.gif

iconic-donald-trump-dancing-r768603gz4n8b7xb.gif

You're not about to screw up my youtube algorithms by clicking that

No sir

shannon-sharpe-shay.gif

I have no hatred in my heart for anyone nor do i want any group of people treated in a hostile manner. But as the same token, I don't support alternative lifestyles. Call me homophobic, transphobic, or whatever new buzz word there is, but i make no apologies being a religious man.
Sounds like you have some hatred. You literally lied for no reason and said the dems are indoctrinating children. You're just trying to hide behind the guise of your religion.

I have no hatred in my heart for anyone nor do i want any group of people treated in a hostile manner. But as the same token, I don't support alternative lifestyles.
The GOP hates these people, and wants to make their lives hell. So at best you supposedly not hateful self is indifferent to this.

The GOP also hate black people, and want to attack their rights

So just seems wild to me that this single issue, one not based on a accurate read of what is going on, is a counter balance to the GOP's ridiculousness

Call me homophobic, transphobic, or whatever new buzz word there is, but i make no apologies being a religious man.
I won't call you anything

I just think you opinion is short sighted and one I can't respect.

I don't think you'll find any progressive person more skeptical or trans related issues than me.

but making it the deciding factor for your vote is INSANE. :lol:

especially when the mainstream democratic party is backing away from the most extreme elements of trans activism.
It seems like you are just grasping at straws to find anyway to not vote democratic. Of all the issues relating to this election, trans rights is the hill you are willing to die on? Do you know the percentage of the U.S. population that identifies as trans? It’s minuscule.

It seems like you are just grasping at straws to find anyway to not vote democratic. Of all the issues relating to this election, trans rights is the hill you are willing to die on? Do you know the percentage of the U.S. population that identifies as trans? It’s minuscule.

re read what i wrote. i think you misunderstood. I said I wouldn't base my vote on that.

I'm genuinely curious, how does that even become the single issue that you hinge your vote on? Do you actually live in this country and have to live with the policies?

I will say that growing up in the evangelical church and still attending and believing, I don’t fault paulwest1985 paulwest1985 for believing the way that he believes. The only thing I can say is that many of the same arguments against respecting the humanity of the trans community and LGBTQ community were and are the same arguments they use against the humanity of Black, Brown, Asian and other marginalized people. I can’t rock with that but I understand if you draw the line differently than I do.

I will say that growing up in the evangelical church and still attending and believing, I don’t fault paulwest1985 paulwest1985 for believing the way that he believes. The only thing I can say is that many of the same arguments against respecting the humanity of the trans community and LGBTQ community were and are the same arguments they use against the humanity of Black, Brown, Asian and other marginalized people. I can’t rock with that but I understand if you draw the line differently than I do.

eh you are being too nice.
the more i think about it the less sense it makes.

Gay and Trans rights were established by two conservative majority courts.
it's done, it's over. neither party is campaigning on rolling them back.

the trans stuff, to the degree that you might have problems (there are lots of problems)
most of it is outside the purview of the federal government.

schools are a local issue, the childhood transition stuff is a state issue, the sports stuff is fundamentally up to sporting bodies.

your vote isn't going to make difference to these issues either way most likely.

Being pretty much single issue voter on something that doesn't even effect you is kinda wild

Making something up in your head to justify it is even wilder

Election season never fails to deliver :lol:
I'm not a single issue voter, hence my refusal to vote republican. Again, I'm not asking anyone to agree with me on my stance. You asked me why I'm not voting for a certain party and that one of my reasons. I don't have to make up anything in my head to justify my political position. I live in the world. And I encounter people from all walks of life. And quite frankly, I find your dismissive attitude rather perplexing.

I'm not a single issue voter, hence my refusal to vote republican. Again, I'm not asking anyone to agree with me on my stance. You asked me why I'm not voting for a certain party and that one of my reasons. I don't have to make up anything in my head to justify my political position. I live in the world. And I encounter people from all walks of life. And quite frankly, I find your dismissive attitude rather perplexing.

but it doesn't make sense.
LGBTQ rights were established by republican courts, it's over.

like think practically for a second. Republican or Democrat nothing is gunna change with LGBT stuff.

eh you are being too nice.
the more i think about it the less sense it makes.

Gay and Trans rights were established by two conservative majority courts.
it's done, it's over. neither party is campaigning on rolling them back.

the trans stuff, to the degree that you might have problems (there are lots of problems)
most of it is outside the purview of the federal government.

schools are a local issue, the childhood transition stuff is a state issue, the sports stuff is fundamentally up to sporting bodies.

your vote isn't going to make difference to these issues either way most likely.
I think people like paulwest1985 paulwest1985 fundamentally doesn't like seeing gay and trans people

So by the Dems not being hostile to them, and because he sees them getting support from LGBTQ+ and trans groups, he thinks they are in on the ploy/indoctrination of getting people, and kids, to turn towards these "alternative lifestyles"

Them not being hostile to the lifestyles themselves, not the laws, is the issue

And that a vote for them is a tacit cosign to the supposed indoctrination

Doesn't matter, not supporting in any way, even one he made up in his head, goes against part of his identity

It is not logical, so I don't think you can combat it with logic.

I'm not a single issue voter, hence my refusal to vote republican.
I said pretty much

When it comes to disqualifying the Dems you are doing it on a single issue

Your lack of support of the GOP is meaningless. I am talking about the Dems part.

Again, I'm not asking anyone to agree with me on my stance.
Ok, didn't say you were

You asked me why I'm not voting for a certain party and that one of my reasons. I don't have to make up anything in my head to justify my political position.
The whole indoctrination thing is made up

I live in the world. And I encounter people from all walks of life. And quite frankly, I find your dismissive attitude rather perplexing.

I am not dismissing your position

I just said I don't respect it.

I don't have too.

I heard it, I made a judgment about it, and it was negative. It is life, that happens.

I have a negative opinion about you negative opinion. That is life, its happens

Seems like I am not giving you the energy you expected so you have to act like I am.

but it doesn't make sense.
LGBTQ rights were established by republican courts, it's over.

like think practically for a second. Republican or Democrat nothing is gunna change with LGBT stuff.
I remember when I use to think that way about Roe V. Wade too…. They use to call it “settled law”, and the proceed to swear up and down they would respect it, until they didn’t need to do that dog and pony show any longer.

Single issue voting on issues that typically don’t have anything to do with you personally is the MO of the modern evangelical church. I’ve been in that church for most of my life and I’ve seen this far too often. My Black Mother in Law is more concerned about the restoration of Roe than Project 2025. It makes no sense to me but she believes what she believes. I wish she saw that the same people wanting to ban abortion still want us to be 3/5s of a person

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom