***Official Political Discussion Thread***

To be candid, I initially shared the video to gauge his response without verifying its accuracy. Thank you for clarifying the situation. I recall a similar case involving a sprinter with elevated testosterone levels who faced competition restrictions, if I remember correctly. Which is BS IMO.

The problem with this and abortion, humans aren’t simple

While yes most people agree lia Thomas should not be allowed to compete in that format.. the sport literally regulates the amount and type of swimsuit that can be worn, it was going to be addressed and it was.. but that didn’t stop those who wanted to score political points from continuing in spite of the matter being addressed for literal years by swimming’s governing body

Caster semenya is another Olympic example of things not being simple

it's a legitimately difficult question where to draw the line when it comes to intersex athletes.

but again i would say,
this has nothing to do with the presidential election or the democratic party.

it doesn't have anything to do with LGBT either because they aren't trans.

That bum opened herself up to get punched in the face so badly I can't help but think she threw the fight to open a controversy.

That bum opened herself up to get punched in the face so badly I can't help but think she threw the fight to open a controversy.

Yah i think that's a bit unfair i think it's more complicated than that.

seems like IBA draws it in one place, and the IOC draws it another place.
with the obvious privacy concerns there isn't much transparency on how they make these determinations.

So i could understand feeling salty if you hear this person was disqualified by the IBA but allowed to compete by the IOC.

it's just a legit tough questions, wherever you draw the line people will be salty.

Yah i think that's a bit unfair i think it's more complicated than that.

seems like IBA draws it in one place, and the IOC draws it another place.
with the obvious privacy concerns there isn't much transparency on how they make these determinations.

So i could understand feeling salty if you hear this person was disqualified by the IBA but allowed to compete by the IOC.

it's just a legit tough questions, wherever you draw the line people will be salty.
She knew all this before getting in the ring though

If she thought it was so unfair, why not protest before? Why not refuse to fight.

You go in the ring, get hit a couple times, quit, and then you complain?

Seem reasonable to people to suspect an ulterior motive

She knew all this before getting in the ring though

If she thought it was so unfair, why not protest before? Why not refuse to fight.

You go in the ring, get hit a couple times, quit, and then you complain?

Seem reasonable to people to suspect and ulterior motive

don't get me wrong i think it's a dumb thing to do. should have protested before or not fought.

but i also find it really hard to believe that a boxer, elite athlete, prob a highly competitive person would just quit like that disingenuously.
i think its more likely she just legit thought she's getting screwed.

I read oshs post too fast and didn’t see the “arent”

So an educator is outchea not reading the relevant information carefully. Hmmm

the-wire-stringer-bell.gif

don't get me wrong i think it's a dumb thing to do. should have protested before or not fought.

but i also find it really hard to believe that a boxer, elite athlete, prob a highly competitive person would just quit like that disingenuously.
i think its more likely she just legit thought she's getting screwed.

Apparently she's been misidentified as trans for a while now...at least since last year

Carini buying into misinformation that was already out there is a lot more likely than her throwing the match

We've been calling people what they prefer and it's never been a problem. Titles, ranks, jobs, nicknames, marital status, gender but all of a sudden this one particular gender pronoun issue is such a big problem?

Same for bathrooms. We've had unisex bathrooms for forever. We let kids go into bathrooms with their parents no matter what gender they are or who the bathroom is for and no one cares. But now it's a problem with transgender people?

Girls have been competing with boys in wrestling for decades. The girl that wanted to be a kicker on that college football team was a feel good story across the nation. But when it goes the other way it's a huge problem? Hell this one's even worse cause 99% of the dudes complaining don't even care about women's sports.

On immigration, what separates a legal from an illegal immigrant? Does that change who they are, their values, how they behave, or what they contribute to their communities? Does their paperwork make them a good person?

So yeah it's all nonsense. People lying to themselves to try and convince themselves they're better than they actually are by saying "No, I support XYZ (as long as it fits in to the arbitrary definition of that I think is right)"
Here’s my perspective: I sought clarification by asking questions to better understand the statement. I believe it's possible to support a movement while disagreeing with certain aspects without facing negative labels. For example, I have no issue with using "they/them" or other chosen pronouns, but I don't understand why someone might be upset if addressed as "sir" or "ma'am" if it’s not meant to be disrespectful. However, if such terms are used intentionally to belittle someone, that’s problematic.

Regarding bathrooms, I agree, unisex facilities have been around without complaints. Nonetheless, I understand concerns about adults of the opposite gender in bathrooms with open changing areas, like those in gyms or YMCAs, or where children might be present. Although many of these facilities restrict children from these areas, it’s understandable why a man or woman might feel uncomfortable with this setup.

In sports, you said it best girls competing against boys in sports traditionally dominated by males. If a biological male competes in a women’s sport, it raises questions about fairness and the rationale behind separate leagues. If biological differences weren’t significant, there would be no need for two leagues. It’s hard to believe that, if you had a daughter who worked hard and lost to a biological male in a female sport, you wouldn’t be upset. After all, even in male sports, there are distinctions based on ability and weight.

A legal immigrant has been vetted, is actively contributing, and is using the proper channels to obtain residency or citizenship. No one is suggesting that illegal immigrants are inherently bad people or not striving for similar goals. However, if immigration weren’t an issue, it wouldn’t be a focus for every administration in the U.S. and many other countries. Let’s not ignore that illegal immigration does have a direct economic impact and poses financial strains. While many immigrants are hardworking and contribute positively, illegal immigration brings challenges, including individual that are trying to circumvent the system and those who attempt to enter with harmful intentions.

Your immediate response to my questions seemed to dismiss these concerns, attributing them to a belief that others think they are superior. I was hoping for a more nuanced discussion.

Why is a trans woman fighting a biological woman for any reason other than starting controversy
I posted a video without verifying the facts, and it turns out she has elevated testosterone levels. She isn’t transgender, but I understand your question if she were. It’s a natural concern and doesn’t reflect bigotry like someone might have suggested.

Here’s my perspective: I sought clarification by asking questions to better understand the statement. I believe it's possible to support a movement while disagreeing with certain aspects without facing negative labels. For example, I have no issue with using "they/them" or other chosen pronouns, but I don't understand why someone might be upset if addressed as "sir" or "ma'am" if it’s not meant to be disrespectful. However, if such terms are used intentionally to belittle someone, that’s problematic.

Regarding bathrooms, I agree, unisex facilities have been around without complaints. Nonetheless, I understand concerns about adults of the opposite gender in bathrooms with open changing areas, like those in gyms or YMCAs, or where children might be present. Although many of these facilities restrict children from these areas, it’s understandable why a man or woman might feel uncomfortable with this setup.

In sports, you said it best girls competing against boys in sports traditionally dominated by males. If a biological male competes in a women’s sport, it raises questions about fairness and the rationale behind separate leagues. If biological differences weren’t significant, there would be no need for two leagues. It’s hard to believe that, if you had a daughter who worked hard and lost to a biological male in a female sport, you wouldn’t be upset. After all, even in male sports, there are distinctions based on ability and weight.

A legal immigrant has been vetted, is actively contributing, and is using the proper channels to obtain residency or citizenship. No one is suggesting that illegal immigrants are inherently bad people or not striving for similar goals. However, if immigration weren’t an issue, it wouldn’t be a focus for every administration in the U.S. and many other countries. Let’s not ignore that illegal immigration does have a direct economic impact and poses financial strains. While many immigrants are hardworking and contribute positively, illegal immigration brings challenges, including individual that are trying to circumvent the system and those who attempt to enter with harmful intentions.

Your immediate response to my questions seemed to dismiss these concerns, attributing them to a belief that others think they are superior. I was hoping for a more nuanced discussion.
Using AI on a message board after you get called out is hilarious :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom