***Official Political Discussion Thread***

progressive organizations should not capitulating to fringe elements of the coalition.

Pod Save America goal is to elect democrats,
If you want to **** post about Israel - palestine, or generally create strife within the democratic party coalition

go work for Briana Joy Gray or some other the Sunrise movement or whoever.

200w (1).gif

i **** on Cenk all the time. but Ill give him credit for this.

1722534250999.png

The idea that Josh Shapiro is some wild pro isreal zionist is just not true and just plainly reeks of anti semitism.

progressive organizations should not capitulating to fringe elements of the coalition.

Pod Save America goal is to elect democrats,
If you want to **** post about Israel - palestine, or generally create strife within the democratic party coalition

go work for Briana Joy Gray or some other the Sunrise movement or whoever.
From reading this story, they issues go beyond ideological differences.

Like this:

Among the most pressing issues for many staff were promotions, which felt hard to obtain and occasionally caused resentment when they did occur, according to several current and former employees. The spokesperson said there have been 25 promotions with pay increases in the last 18 months. But one move in particular rankled the workers.

One staffer rose swiftly through the ranks, getting three promotions over two years, reaching a position that reports directly to the CEO. The person spoke openly to colleagues about having a close friendship with co-founder Lovett and talked about staying at his home to dog-sit. Earlier this year, the two informed the human resources department that they were dating.

Another part they talk about people having to work 12 hours straight because manage wanted more episodes of Pod Save America. But have no explanation about if and how people will be compensated about the extra work.

Plus there are issues about the union negotiations.

Seems like the ideological differences are just part of the issue. But the workplace is dysfunctional beyond that.

I just want to understand your statement. Are you saying that one cannot be supportive of the LGBTQ community if they have issues with certain aspects of inclusion, such as being required to use specific pronouns or concerns about transgender individuals participating in sports or using restrooms according to their gender identity rather than their assigned sex at birth? Similarly, are you suggesting that one cannot support legal immigration if they have issues with the influx of illegal immigrants crossing the border?

We've been calling people what they prefer and it's never been a problem. Titles, ranks, jobs, nicknames, marital status, gender but all of a sudden this one particular gender pronoun issue is such a big problem?

Same for bathrooms. We've had unisex bathrooms for forever. We let kids go into bathrooms with their parents no matter what gender they are or who the bathroom is for and no one cares. But now it's a problem with transgender people?

Girls have been competing with boys in wrestling for decades. The girl that wanted to be a kicker on that college football team was a feel good story across the nation. But when it goes the other way it's a huge problem? Hell this one's even worse cause 99% of the dudes complaining don't even care about women's sports.

On immigration, what separates a legal from an illegal immigrant? Does that change who they are, their values, how they behave, or what they contribute to their communities? Does their paperwork make them a good person?

So yeah it's all nonsense. People lying to themselves to try and convince themselves they're better than they actually are by saying "No, I support XYZ (as long as it fits in to the arbitrary definition of that I think is right)"

I don’t know and won’t pretend to know that person’s deal.. but it would seem that is the issue with having a narrow view on things

To be candid, I initially shared the video to gauge his response without verifying its accuracy. Thank you for clarifying the situation. I recall a similar case involving a sprinter with elevated testosterone levels who faced competition restrictions, if I remember correctly. Which is BS IMO.

Back
Top Bottom