***Official Political Discussion Thread***

What changed for Trump? Is he genuinely a racist, or is he pandering to the majority of his base? Not to say that either is acceptable.

Before his presidency, he had a Black partner, many Black friends, and received awards from Black communities. He was frequently seen within the Black community. What were his motives back then?
He’s genuinely racist, but he’s an opportunist first. The Central Park 5 ad and the housing discrimination suit show his clear history of racism.

I’m not aware of any awards he won from Black organizations, but yes some Black people overlooked his past or were unaware and associated with him due to his alleged wealth.

Just because you associate with some Black people doesn’t mean you aren’t racist. I don’t think he’s pandering to his base, I think he’s being who he is with no filter because there haven’t been consequences.

-The whole "they aren't black" thing is so stupid because it takes a one kinda sloppy argument, turns it on its head, makes is dumber, and then presented as some principled pro-black concept.

As far back as I remember the "they aren't black thing" existed. I have probably indulged in some of that too. But it really wasn't about denying someone's blackness.

People were mad as folk like Clarence Thomas, Ben Carson, Tiger Woods, even Delk :lol: because they are clearly black people who takes positions and do things hostile to the general black community, or distance themselves from other black people they view as less. The point of criticism was how can you be a member in the community, reap the few professional benefits of being black (Thomas was chosen partly for political reason for he was black, Woods used his blackness in marketing himself) then turn around and look down on black people generally.

No matter how sloppy it was, implicitly you weren't denying someone's blackness. You were angry and their hostility toward a large number of black people.

Most of the people that caught his slander were black conservatives. But as the internet era grew, people wanted to draw the line in a different place.

So you attack was essential "You are black, but you are against us"

-But like how do you use a similar attack against someone that is again clearly black, that identifies as black, that participates in what is view as black culture, that does business with black people, shown affection for black people, and generally has view in line with a majority of black people? You take the argument and make it dumber by sprinkling in remixes of dumb **** you would hear from reactionary white people.

This transformed into a petty way to try and gain the advantage in a argument, when you have little else to say, against other black people that otherwise ha e not shown hostility toward other black people.

The argument is so dumb, that people (ADOS, hoteps, medium value angry men, now Republicans) had to find a way to make it sound credible, so we get stuff claiming someone is not black because:

-Being biracial
-Celebrating the culture of someone's other ethnicity
-Being non African American
-Living in a foreign country
-Having a non-black, especially white, partner
-You grew up in the suburbs/middle class/affluent

The list goes on.

So it turned into "You are not with us, because you are not one of us"

And I notice that someone black people will tolerate these poorly formed argument as long as it is being done to someone they don't like. As a way to launder other petty negative opinions through a framework that seems pro-black and principled.

But it isn't, it is just silly.

Last edited:
Donald questioning her "blackness" doesn't appeal to anybody other than his racist *** base so he can continue being his racist self because it's not gaining him any votes or popularity.

ezgif-6-d312a5e131.gif

These types of people always tell on themselves. Same exact thing all the racists and bigots say.

"I'm not racist, I like the good black people, I just don't like the thugs"

"I'm not racist, I like the legal immigrants, just don't like the illegal ones"

"I don't hate gay people, i like the normal ones, I just don't like the ones that act gay"

Just own up to what you are instead of trying to convince yourself you're something you're not
I just want to understand your statement. Are you saying that one cannot be supportive of the LGBTQ community if they have issues with certain aspects of inclusion, such as being required to use specific pronouns or concerns about transgender individuals participating in sports or using restrooms according to their gender identity rather than their assigned sex at birth? Similarly, are you suggesting that one cannot support legal immigration if they have issues with the influx of illegal immigrants crossing the border?

I just want to understand your statement. Are you saying that one cannot be supportive of the LGBTQ community if they have issues with certain aspects of inclusion, such as being required to use specific pronouns or concerns about transgender individuals participating in sports or using restrooms according to their gender identity rather than their assigned sex at birth? Similarly, are you suggesting that one cannot support legal immigration if they have issues with the influx of illegal immigrants crossing the border?
Do you also have issues with illegal immigration from people who overstay their visas from the EU, Australia/NZ, Canada or just brown folk crossing the border?

Trump's angle isn't to question her blackness

It is to claim she is only identifying as black to get votes from black people.

Of course he is doing it in a sloppy racist sounding way.

But there are people, black people, that don't like her and are trying to push the same point.

So his message might resonate with the Umar and Tariq types.

Trump's angle isn't to question her blackness

It is to claim she is only identifying as black to get votes from black people.

Of course he is doing it in a sloppy racist sounding way.

But there are people, black people, that don't like her and are trying to push the same point.

So his message might resonate with the Umar and Tariq types.

What’s hilarious is the FBA/ADOS *****s were saying they were “Indian” like 3 weeks ago :rofl:

Even had Umar out here calling them “Pretendians”…..

Funny seeing Tariq take a little look at what negativity he's contributed to.

Are you saying that one cannot be supportive of the LGBTQ community if they have issues with certain aspects of inclusion, such as being required to use specific pronouns or concerns about transgender individuals participating in sports or using restrooms according to their gender identity rather than their assigned sex at birth
If your support stops at pronouns and bathrooms you don't support them.

Do you also have issues with illegal immigration from people who overstay their visas from the EU, Australia/NZ, Canada or just brown folk crossing the border?
First of all, it's a misconception to think that only people from Latin American countries are crossing the border. Recently, there have been more documented encounters with Chinese individuals crossing the border than with Mexicans or others from Latin American countries. Additionally, I wanted to understand his questions. Many people don't have issues with legal immigrants but rather with illegal immigrants, regardless of their color, race, or religion.

First of all, it's a misconception to think that only people from Latin American countries are crossing the border. Recently, there have been more documented encounters with Chinese individuals crossing the border than with Mexicans or others from Latin American countries. Additionally, I wanted to understand his questions. Many people don't have issues with legal immigrants but rather with illegal immigrants, regardless of their color, race, or religion.
Again I am asking about people who overstay their visas from the countries I posted. Not people that are crossing the border.

Back
Top Bottom