***Official Political Discussion Thread***

This is misleading. I get trying to blame him, but Trump didnt cause the pandemic drops.

Overall the stock market was good under his presidency. Biden did a good job fixing those printers. The next president is going to feel the after effects of a soft or hard landing though

1722883512127.png

I still don’t know how he and those other streamers are so popular. I don’t understand their appeal.

Good for them for taking advantage and getting as rich as they did, but man I hate how much influence and brain washing a lot of these influencers do

This is misleading. I get trying to blame him, but Trump didnt cause the pandemic drops.

Overall the stock market was good under his presidency. Biden did a good job fixing those printers. The next president is going to feel the after effects of a soft or hard landing though

1722883512127.png

I dont like these charts because they are always from Inauguration Day where it should be from date of election result.

I still don’t know how he and those other streamers are so popular. I don’t understand their appeal.

Had this conversation in the rap thread a many of times.

Streamers and social media is how Gen Z and Gen Alpha consume media. They don’t watch cable, they don’t listen to the radio.

They’re some of the most influential figures in pop culture because they’re who entertains the youth. You’re not their target audience for you to understand it. But find 20, 14 year olds and ask them who they’re favorite streamer is then ask them their favorite tv channel or radio station.

Most of their demographic is very young. Especially the likes of Adin Ross, iShowSpeed, Kai Cenat, ... who have some of the biggest audiences of any streamer.

It’s still down 1000. And the world markets that tanked cause of the US recession fears are closed. It’s a strange narrative to needlessly make. People need to wake up that unemployment will continue ticking up until the election and any fed adjustment won’t make an impact until after the next president is in office. That’s all the stock market is responding to today. Harris’s weakest policy areas post-convention will be the economy and border.

The real concern isn’t stocks moving back up, it’s that these mega corps cap hiring even further than they have, and many have been running completely fabricated hiring programs for two years already to keep bad PR at bay. When I left Apple in March they were already a year into not backfilling positions lost to attrition. It was the unspoken secret that you’ll make do with what you have. That’s one way you please Wall Street without investing in human capital because growth is king.

1722883512127.png
I mean this chart proves how meaningless stock market changes are for presidential success on economic policy. The market doesn’t stop moving up. And 90% of the country has never owned a single share. The market will rally but the employment and wages reports are likely to keep taking a beating as companies cut spending through the end of the year.

Makes this whole Maga showcase kinda nasty then.
To be fair that demographic split is gonna be the same for any big streamer in those particular lanes. Heavily personality-based IRL content, high volume, celebrity guests, lots of loud yelling, ...
I'm more shocked that Adin Ross managed to actually handle this event pretty well, since he's an absolute moron.

I'm sure he had a vastly more mature audience back when he was a normal dude streaming NBA 2k and happening to become friends with Lebron's son through the game.

1722883512127.png

TBH, he had a hand in the pandemic. Ignoring it in general, and having no ******* clue what to do about it (disbanded the pandemic response team had a huge impact for sure) until it got way out of hand and there was no where to go but down.

Back
Top Bottom