***Official Political Discussion Thread***

GUT6_lVWsAQNWH4

the-one-he-is-the-one.gif

trying to segregate blackness feels extra stupid in the internet age.
mass media is interconnected, it's inevitable that culture is going to be shared and remixed, among people who look like each other.
The thing that is frustrating is that black Americans in this thread are saying there are differences between a black American experience and a black experience and non black Americans are telling them they’re
wrong and or making it seem foolish to point the distinction out. I’m not a proponent of making it an “us vs them” style argument but I think it is okay to say there are some different lived experiences. There are differences between being a Korean and a Korean American and their experiences would be vastly different in both Korea and in America. I don’t understand why the same understanding is not extended to black Americans

Last edited:
trying to segregate blackness feels extra stupid in the internet age.
mass media is interconnected, it's inevitable that culture is going to be shared and remixed, among people who look like each other.
Not saying Tariq Nasheeds STARTED it, but he really has been pushing the whole ADOS vs. Them card.

Not a fan of IT.

I don’t think that you could find a serious academic person who believes that Blackness only would apply to Descendants of Slavery in the US or the colonies that would become the US.

fixed
From what I’ve read, I think picking Walz is a pretty clear indication of what direction Harris wants to go in. I just hope the super-left loudmouths catch the hint and realize everything does not/cannot be explicitly stated in a general election because the country ain’t smart enough for that.
Hope people can see that her selecting someone who has a real track record of working to improve the lives of working class citizens is some kind of indication of what she wants her administration to work towards.

Who knows though….some are never satisfied.

IMO, He's the reason it's mainstream. He's been talking bout that nonsense for years
Yea I wasn't about to give him all that "credit." Who really knows him outside of these small black pockets online? (Legit asking)

I know he did the Hidden Colors documentary series but they didn't seen to catch any fire.

I wish I could. Don't have an X account, nor do I want one. Ever since screwball bought it, he won't let non accounts view comments. I can only imagine how bad it is.
I'm convinced Elon also throttles the loading times on mobile if you're using your browser to access Twitter instead of the actual App.
In recent months, I've noticed extremely long loading times on mobile while accessing Twitter through the Safari browser. The twitter feed loads fine, though significantly slower than on PC, but if you click on a tweet it gets stuck in either an infinite black loading screen or it takes well past 5 minutes to load. The amount of comments etc has nothing to do with it, I can reproduce the same issue 100% of the time on tweets that have no comments at all.

I then downloaded the Twitter app on my iPhone and magically all loading problems are gone, meanwhile I still get stuck on a black loading screen 100% of the time if I click on a tweet in Safari. The site overall is also very sluggish on Safari but clicking on a tweet is what guarantees the extremely long or infinite blackscreen.
That same issue does not occur on PC, I've tested all common browsers and had zero issues.

At the end of the day that's only my personal experience so maybe others don't have the same issue. However my instincts from working as a Software Test Engineer tells me there's some foul play at work there to get more users registered and active on the official App.

Not saying Tariq Nasheeds STARTED it, but he really has been pushing the whole ADOS vs. Them card.

Not a fan of IT.
I'm assuming ADOS stands for American Descendants Of Slavery?
I'm somewhat familiar with Tariq Nasheed but I don't really know anything about this 'ADOS vs Them' thing.
Can someone explain or point me to where I can read about it?

I'm assuming ADOS stands for American Descendants Of Slavery?
I'm somewhat familiar with Tariq Nasheed but I don't really know anything about this 'ADOS vs Them' thing.
Can someone explain or point me to where I can read about it?
Yea, that's basically it. Just making the distinction between the experience American Africans have endured vs. Africans elsewhere.

i think he started it to make a distinction between those eligible for reparations vs. Those ineligible for them.

Then it took off from there with him.

Back
Top Bottom