***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I think just dismissing it all as sexism is too easy

Like If your are a non college educated black or Latino man...

Are you you really wrong to view the democratic party as an institution primarily concerned with the interests of college educated women?

The democratic party basically marketed it's self this way super hard from 2016-2020.
In that same timeframe, the Rs were the ones saying **** college and the elites when all the while they are the same people with Ivy League degrees.

It's been said before but its worth mentioning again, there's always this weird unfair onus of perfection needing to be met by Dems. And yet, Rs don't even show the slightest bit of decency let alone perfection.

In that same timeframe, the Rs were the ones saying **** college and the elites when all the while they are the same people with Ivy League degrees.

It's been said before but its worth mentioning again, there's always this weird unfair onus of perfection needing to be met by Dems. And yet, Rs don't even show the slightest bit of decency let alone perfection.

I mean yah the nature of the electoral college means democrats have to win votes from more conservative-ish people to win.

So yes there is greater pressure on democrats to appeal to a broader base.

Life's unfair but that's the way it is.

Like If your are a non college educated black or Latino man...

Are you you really wrong to view the democratic party as an institution primarily concerned with the interests of college educated women?
I'd say yes.

College educated women enter the workforce without the protection of unions; meanwhile, non-college educated workers heavily rely on those to make up the earning potential difference between them and degree holders.

And the Democratic party has ALSO supported the ability to create unions and expand their power in the professional world.

I'd say yes.

College educated women enter the workforce without the protection of unions; meanwhile, non-college educated workers heavily rely on those to make up the earning potential difference between them and degree holders.

And the Democratic party has ALSO supported the ability to create unions and expand their power in the professional world.
I'm talking about cultural perception. Not policy. Aside from political freaks most aren't aware of these details.

If you're a normie not super engaged voter I think culturally the Democratic party sends the message that this is the party of college educated women. I think that's it's branding that rises above policy details for most people.

I mean yah the nature of the electoral college means democrats have to win votes from more conservative-ish people to win.

So yes there is greater pressure on democrats to appeal to a broader base.

Life's unfair but that's the way it is.
This mindset is why the people in red governed places are always held down and can’t pull themselves up by the bootstraps no matter how hard they try. Sticking to the garbage you have simply because the alternative isn’t perfect is ridiculous and proves the Dems right, you need to be educated.

Stepping over a dollar to keep a quarter is not a good look.

look at Obama.

Men are trending worse economically than women, are disproportionately dying from opioids, seeing the loss of traditional social and economic institutions. Ect ect

And Obama's response to this is,.... shut up stop being sexist, and stop making excuses
and help successful college educated black woman get the presidency.

Meanwhile influencers like Umar are telling you she's not really black.
Her husband is white
and she doesn't even talk to her black dad.

You don't see how a black dude who's not super ideological would look at this and think...yah I'm not rolling

It’s not that she doesn’t talk to her dad, it’s that her doesn’t talk to her because she admitted to using marijuana.

The other candidate called her antisemitic. Her husband is Jewish.

Saying she’s not really black, but her black dad doesn’t talk to her is a complete contradiction.

Any talking point that is thrown out there about Kamala Harris can very easily be debunked.

Like if I was a democrat and I wanted to appeal to.men I might say...

The infrastructure bill brought so many jobs in primarily male blue collar industries.!

Or

We are going to need blue collar men to build a new clean energy grid.

Or

If we want lower home prices we are going to need so many skills tradesmen to build up our housing supply.

I probably wouldn't say "shut up, stop whining and support Kamala or you're a sexist loser"

Last edited:
Saying she’s not really black, but her black dad doesn’t talk to her is a complete contradiction.

Any talking point that is thrown out there about Kamala Harris can very easily be debunked.
Lol the biggest cultural moment of the year involved a black man accusing another black men of not really being black despite having a black father.

You may not find the argument compelling, but clearly there are people out there who do.

And all Trump needs is like 5% erosion in black male support for things to get scary.

So uneducated people aren’t in the trenches and figuring out the policy but they’re listening to Obama speak at a rally in PA? They’re simultaneously Umar fans and hearing what Obama is saying?

Also being a black American is different than being black and no matter how many times you complain about it doesn’t stop it from being a thing. You didn’t even know the significance of HBCUs and why that is an important identifier amongst black Americans so sit this out, respectfully

So uneducated people aren’t in the trenches and figuring out the policy but they’re listening to Obama speak at a rally in PA???

They are seeing clips of it pushed to them by algorithms as it goes viral on social media.

And if Elon things it will help Trump it's probably getting pushed specifically to black men

So yes non politically engaged people are more likely to pick up on cultural vibes than policy details.

I'm talking about cultural perception. Not policy.
That still doesn't make them right to think that.
Aside from political freaks most aren't aware of these details.

Are you sure about this?

I've worked in offices and in factories, and I can tell you that a lot of uncurious people know about policies that have a direct impact on their livelihood. These folks are not ignorant about the fact that the Democratic party supports college educated folks, women empowerment, and unions. Their cultural perception of the Democratic party is function of how they look at those policies through the filter of their own value system. So maybe, the issue is as simple as some non-college educated men having a value system that places being on top of the social hierarchy above the guarantee of a good paycheck potentially bearing the signature of a degreed woman.

That still doesn't make them right to think that.

Are you sure about this?

I've worked in offices and in factories, and I can tell you that a lot of uncurious people know about policies that have a direct impact on their livelihood. These folks are not ignorant about the fact that the Democratic party supports college educated folks, women empowerment, and unions. Their cultural perception of the Democratic party is function of how they look at those policies through the filter of their own value system. So maybe, the issue is as simple as some non-college educated men having a value system that places being on top of the social hierarchy above the guarantee of a good paycheck potentially bearing the signature of a degreed woman.

1. If I own a smoothie store and I spend all my marketing budget telling people my smoothies are made of feces...

I can't read be mad if people decide they don't want my smoothies,

It would be pretty silly to say "oh actually if you check the ingredient label to they are actually made of fruits and veggies not poop I was just kidding about the poop"

The democrats have made a political and marketing decision that has had predictable consequences. Expecting everyone to be a policy expert is silly.

2. Blue collar union members vote Republican and have moved a way from the democratic party despite the Dems being better for unions.

They either are

A. dumb
B. unaware of the policy details
C. Don't care about policy.

Either way the policy isn't impacting their decisions the way Dems want it to.

This dude never says anything about the tons of horrific things Trump says and does and that Vance says and does but he's so damn quick to be in here concern trolling over Kamala. While not even living in the U.S. JFC.

Have your feelings sure, but at some point don't do the whole "taking on all comers" thing and just clog things up with post after post after post.

At LEAST have like the fig leaf of some kind of semblance of objectivity, and critique and criticize Trump and Vance and their ilk for all the horrific things they say and do. Don't just skip those days like it's leg day dude :lol:

This dude never says anything about the tons of horrific things Trump says and does and that Vance says and does but he's so damn quick to be in here concern trolling over Kamala. While not even living in the U.S. JFC.

Have your feelings sure, but at some point don't do the whole "taking on all comers" thing and just clog things up with post after post after post.

At LEAST have like the fig leaf of some kind of semblance of objectivity, and critique and criticize Trump and Vance and their ilk for all the horrific things they say and do. Don't just skip those days like it's leg day dude :lol:

Lolwut?

I'm not a news organization in the 1960s there is no equal time doctrine. :lol:

I want the democrats to win so naturally I'm concerned with the democrats strategic decisions

I identify with democrats, I don't identify With Trump and his freak squad, so I'm naturally less invested in decisions they make. Other than if it impacts the democrats in a specific way.

There are no undecided voters in this thread to convince. Its just political anlysis. There are plenty of places to get "Trump is bad content" you don't need it from me.

So when Trump wins i wonder what the excuses will be from those of you in the thread who lean left. I continously see that the lessons of the 2016 election will continue to be ignored. You CANNOT talk down to the people who's votes you desperately need. And then when told you have to engage those voters the excuse is.......well, they should know better. The elitism in the thread is glaring.

If you believe insurrection is fine, abortion is bad for the country, trump’s an honest man you deserve to be talked down to. You were never voting for a real candidate.

This idea there’s all of these undecideds is hilarious to me. “Oh no, being honest about the ignorance is killing the ignorant vote you desperately needed.” What a dopey take

Don't care about policy.
This is exactly what I'm saying.

Some people are willing to choose the solution with the worst outcome simply because it is "the right thing to do."

It's all about their value system and who it tells them to trust. You don't beat that with logic.

You just have to outnumber them where it matters now and beef up the education system to produce less of those folks in the future.

The elitism in the thread is glaring.

The only elitism I see is from folks who never answer questions while insisting that their perspective must be considered.

What do you want out of Kamala? She can't give you the moon. She can't give you reparations, and she's honest enough to not campaign on that.

In contrast, here's a man who insists that we didn't not experience four years of instability that had all of us put in question the strength of America's institutional foundations and the strength of her position in the world. He's promising more than what he could deliver last time, and we're supposed to just ... believe?

And then, there are those who think that if nobody votes, the White House will remain empty until America sorts its **** out, and they insist that we take them seriously....

I don't know what to tell you other than do what you want. Just know that if Trump wins, you will not be the one laughing. I will.

Back
Top Bottom