***Official Political Discussion Thread***

The majority will at a 60+% clip especially given Drumpf's ignorant comments about many of them. He's fired up more participation than Hillary could dream of. She could be in some real trouble had he not insulted every demographic that isn't a white male and it's why he's going to lose on Tuesday.

And for every Cuban Republican in Dade county you have so many more Democratic Puerto Ricans in the Orlando area, typically where the race in FL is won or lost.

Last edited:
She a real one for doing that.

That don't make her qualified for being president though. And she does have some other red flags.

If she was a fiery Senator, or House member, I would welcome a voice like that. As president, sorry but no.

Hillary has better grasp of the issues facing the country. I may disagree with her on some issues, at least I know see understand the problem. I can't say that with Stein.

Finally a post without attacks. :smokin

No doubt Hillary has all the qualifications, all the money, all the connections, all the backing of the 1%, the Neo-Cons, etc..

Will she make a better President than Stein.. yeah probably just based of everything here ^ however Hillary to me just lacks that compassion or sincerity to me like with Obama back in 08. I am just not convinced Hillary wants to be President to help the American people or her donors. All these wikileak emails showcasing the corruption of the Democratic Party didn't help either. Truly if I was in a battleground State, I would vote for Hillary but as of now I am supporting the 3rd party because our country need more choices and more ideas than these typical Corporation bought Republican and Democratic candidates.

Ok brah, my bad, I will admit I have been talking too slick. We disagree on some stuff, but I believe we agree on enough that we can both agree that each of us want better for this country and our people.

Let us both save our vitrol toward one another, and direct towards more productive activities...... like slandering Ninja and his fat bigoted mans

Screenshot_20161103-200519.png

My final pitch that I am making to the Bernie or Busters and the Jill Steinistas is this:

"We (progressives) have to do two big things: weaken the GOP and move the Democratic Party to the left.

A Bernie Sanders nomination and general election victory would have done both.

A Clinton win (and the likely senate victory that comes with it) does a lot of the former and a little of the latter.

A Clinton loss does neither of those things.

By voting for Jill Stein and not participating in the Democratic, you are helping Republicans and you are failing to influence the Democratic Party. You guys are not impressing anyone by being 'independents,' become Democrats, always vote for Democrats in the general, fight like hell in the primaries and let's make the Central Coast (of California) the most progressive corner of an increasingly progressive United States!"

Alternately, I use the old tried and true sports analogy:

"Bernie would have been a touchdown, Hillary is a field goal, Trump would be a pick six. Let's take the points."

you're gonna plead for Bernie supporters after wikileaks basically confirmed he never had a chance cuz of DNC collusion with da Clinton campaign? :lol: how rich....

Last edited:
you're gonna plead for Bernie supporters after wikileaks basically confirmed he never had a chance cuz of DNC collusion with da Clinton campaign? :lol: how rich....

I tell them that a Clinton Presidency is a means to an end.

Politics often times involves making alliances of convenience with people of whom you are not fond.

Hey, if I thought that a Jill Stein or Bernie Sanders would win, having as much star power as Clinton, I'd vote for one of them. However, the only person that has the cache to go against a racist, sexist, xenophobe that loves and gets attention, is Hillary Clinton. Unfortunately we now live in the United States of Entertainment. Drama sells, and since so many people now get their information from reality television, bland candidates do not have a chance against a spinster like Donald Trump. Hillary has the money, the backing, and the notoriety to go against the racist, sexist, xenophobe, and then win. You cannot make the same mistake the republican party did during their nomination process. Do not underestimate the allure of an idiot like Donald Trump. When you fight a bully, you've got to beat him to a pulp, in FRONT of his friends. Hillary can do this...while being as untrustworthy as she can be.

Last edited:

Politics often times involves making alliances of convenience with people of whom you are not fond.

ayo, she CHEATED.... blatantly.

you're asking people to back a cheater, thats not gonna square..those folks is staying home & its showing via turnout.

she cheated, maybe. and the FBI is committing federal crimes by playing partisan politics to try to influence a presidential election. how does that make you feel?

Last edited:

you're gonna plead for Bernie supporters after wikileaks basically confirmed he never had a chance cuz of DNC collusion with da Clinton campaign?
laugh.gif
how rich....

you're asking people to back a cheater, thats not gonna square..those folks is staying home & its showing via turnout.
You're backing Drumpf and he's cheated everyone who's come into contact with him.

she cheated, maybe.

there is no maybe...she did, period.

and James Comey was under oath to update congress on new information based on da investigation about da email server...

guess you're not gonna take blame in da fact that Anthony Weiner TRIGGERED this update with his pedophilia tendencies on a PC he shared with Clinton's #1 aide... :nerd:

So when you post leaked emails, and stories about what the FBI is supposedly doing, it is cool

But when I do it, it is a problem.

Da hypocrisy

And b, stop it, you're projecting like crazy right now

Last edited:
Hillary beat Bernie by 3 million votes, he was cheated.

The DNC's favouritism was unacceptable though.

About all those leaks doe:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-documents-idUSKBN12Y2WY
:wow:

crazy, they had a security expert on earlier today saying that Russia would fake leaks like this close enough to the election that the idiot deplorable voter would accept it as fact like a hateful sheep before officials had time to discredit it.

bottom line, i knew Hillary wouldn't order a hot dog without a bun.

The DNC had its thumb on the scale, no doubt about that. We didn't even need the wikileaks to see that.

However, there were more ordinary Americans who voted for Clinton in the primaries ten there were those who voted for Sanders. There are too many Bernie or Busters who simply refuse to accept the legitimacy of the votes of women, especially women of color. I disagree with all those black church ladies who helped Hillary win but I respect their choice. That is how progressive, coalition politics works.

With all that in mind, I ask my students, where do we go from here. How does staying out of the Democratic Party help out cause? I tell the under 30 people, to dive in head first to Democratic politics and steer it in the direct that you want. By staying out of the Democratic Party you help Republicans and you make the Democratic primary electorate less progressive.

If people like my students could just drop this belief that their brains are too big and too "independent" for a major political Party and got involved in the DNC, we would have a much more progressive Party Chair and super delegates in future nominating contests.

If people like my students could just drop this belief that their brains are too big and too "independent" for a major political Party and got involved in the ____, we would have a much more _______ Party Chair and super delegates in future nominating contests.

that should be you pitch, encourage participation, not indoctrination.

maybe your students don't even buy into da binary party options...and that's beeeen da trend line.

i dont buy into party loyalty either.

i buy into da self interest party, as should everyone else.

A minimum wage job is not supposed to be a permanent job. It's just how you support yourself until you get a better job, go through school, etc

At least that's what it supposed to be

You raise it that high and ppl just never going to be content to move on.

Not to mention that employers will just react and either create more layoffs and/or pass the extra cost to consumers.

Its just stupid all around.

Nah man.

Fact of the matter is America is mature economy, manufacturing jobs are gone and they are never coming back. Low skill workers need a way into the middle class.

there aren't going to be any new jobs that low skill workers can do, and afford a house and a decent middle class life.

We have to find a way to make jobs in the service economy good jobs...and chancing the minimum wage is a start.

Ding ding ding.

With the primary and secondary sectors being automated, the only sector that provides the majority of jobs in the US will have to be the service sector. The Department of Labor has a chart showing jobs with the largest future growth and the first ten are in the tertiary sector. Of all of those, only nursing can provide a living wage.

no one is gonna make flipping burgers a 15 dollar a hour job without HEAVY job loss as a result....

So when you post leaked emails, and stories about what the FBI is supposedly doing, it is cool

But when I do it, it is a problem.

Da hypocrisy

And b, stop it, you're projecting like crazy right now
member that letter that was posted in here a few weeks ago that was supposed to be from a DNC super PAC asking its people to engage in "digital disruption"? http://niketalk.com/t/509493/official-political-discussion-thread/31020#post_26782132

well looks like it may be part of this.

and the fact that the queen of **** boys Roger Stone himself is promoting these things? his whole career has been built on manufacturing fake news to benefit a politician.

he has been a major player in this whole ******* thing. i wish there was a way to throw in prison.

Back
Top Bottom