***Official Political Discussion Thread***

It's sad to me that in 2012 there's still so much rhetoric around the whole "my president is black" narrative. I wish we were past that as a nation. This election, as well as the one in 08, really puts things in perspective to how we still put so much emphasis on race in this country. I can see if people my parent's age were yelling my president is black; but people who are in their 20, who are far removed from the racial segregation we saw in the early 20th century are the ones driving it. I know we're no where near a"post racial America" but when do we begin to change our consciousness as a people that the world isn't black and white

They might be 20 and far removed from racial segregation, but they live through racial discrimination 'til this day.

Also, what race are you?

It's sad to me that in 2012 there's still so much rhetoric around the whole "my president is black" narrative. I wish we were past that as a nation.

You kidding me? 70% of Fox viewers still think the President is Kenyan. Be glad that they are good with black :tongue:

It's sad to me that in 2012 there's still so much rhetoric around the whole "my president is black" narrative. I wish we were past that as a nation. This election, as well as the one in 08, really puts things in perspective to how we still put so much emphasis on race in this country. I can see if people my parent's age were yelling my president is black; but people who are in their 20, who are far removed from the racial segregation we saw in the early 20th century are the ones driving it. I know we're no where near a"post racial America" but when do we begin to change our consciousness as a people that the world isn't black and white

we will never see a day like that. it sucks but its the truth. you cannot change the world no matter how hard you try. its getting better but its always going to be black and white. the human being is flawed like that

pollos-obama.jpg

Last edited:
for pointing out their ignorance?

For generalizing white people thinking that none of them may have voted for Obama and that they all must be racist because he is half black.
I didnt even say all that i just quoted a post saying obama is half black. And i posted that even then for whitevpeople thats too much. What i actually meant is that for the people who have something against having a black president even being half black is too much to them even a quarter black is to much to some people

5 states left... Alaska, Nevada, Colorado, Virginia & Florida

Obama is leading in 4 of 5.

RCP says Obama won CO
CNN says Obama won NV

but neither are unanimously called

Back
Top Bottom