***Official Political Discussion Thread***

everyone who ever said anything nice about Trump here u've eviscerated, this is why no one else posts here.

some people don't have da temper or paitence to should da burder of constant personal attacks because of their political preferences and because of that this thread has become a one sided echo chamber.
Or they don't post here because they cannot contain their blatant racism and get banned. 

:lol:

Dude brain resembles a pretzel with all the mental gymnastics

It's more like a six flags ride.

As far as Russia is concerned, it matters. See, another aspect of a banana republic is that its internal politics are heavily influenced by outside forces, and the people and its representatives have little say in what's going on in the country. That's the path the US is on, and it scares the patriotic minds on both sides of the aisle because they know how destabilizing having national policies set up to favor a foreign actor can be (considering the US has used similar tactics to assert its influence abroad).

how does Russian "interference" bloviating matter compared to jobs/economy and Healthcare? you're injecting what startles you (editorializing) and dismissing what actually is moving da needle in da general electorate.

you're also not factoring in establishment resistance to Trump, which is bipartisan.

and lastly, John Podesta's emails were what they were... Clinton's private server were a unforced error she created..

all this witch hunting for James Comey & da Russians doesn't address why da Democrats lost da election bor does it position them on stronger footing for da 2018 midterms or 2020 election.

da way i see it? Republicans got stronger weapons to kill themselves (mishandling da repeal and replace of Obamacare, and da undocumented illegal immigrants/immigration bill) than anything Democrats can throw at em.

If the people in rural communities were soooooo worried about jobs and healthcare, they would've have actually opened their ears and listened to what was said.

"When someone shows you who they are, believe them."

Instead, they chose to take a baffoon seriously but not literally. They took him at his word without any proof that he could actually accomplish what he promised them. So they gambled, they lost, and in the process, they've opened the country up to a foreign actor who would love nothing more than to cripple us further.

So you're gonna stop calling me a demagogue, a hack, and the other names you called me in the pass?

are u gonna stop calling everyone who supported Trump or GOP general position a white supremacist supporting uncle tom butter biscuit eating racist bigots?

I don't call everyone that supports Trump that.

I call people that support white supremacy white supremacist, and I say black people that champion white supremacy are campaigning for butter biscuits

To say I call all Trump supporters that is a blatant lie, and you're clearly trying to deflect.

l

everyone who ever said anything nice about Trump here u've eviscerated, this is why no one else posts here.

some people don't have da temper or paitence to should da burder of constant personal attacks because of their political preferences and because of that this thread has become a one sided echo chamber.

You're acting like a hypocrite though. You name call and antagonize all the time.

If you're demanding people stop doing it to you, you better be willing to stop doing it to others,.

Last edited:
i encountered and also watched the clip of his interview where he called Trump illegitimate because of the Russia involvement. so it's not like this was some secret fact. any responsible consumer of political news would've come across that clip. again, it's not the job of this thread to give complete details on every story. if you feel something is missing, contribute!

things like that matter, and da reluctance of me even posting da complete context of that exchange is one of ya talking bout "sammy sosa, uncle tom, etc"

ive never heard any senator of congressman call a duly elected president "illegitimate".

thats kind of a big deal, but it gets lost because.

-da left fans here wont post it

-da right fans or independents get shouted down and and derided for posting that.

If the people in rural communities were soooooo worried about jobs and healthcare, they would've have actually opened their ears and listened to what was said.

Instead, they chose to take a baffoon seriously but not literally. They took him at his word without any proof that he could actually accomplish what he promised them. So they gambled, they lost, and in the process, they've opened the country up to a foreign actor who would love nothing more than to cripple us further.
They cared about the jobs and healthcare alright. So much they voted for the guy who's going to repeal it while at the same time complaining that it's going to be taken away. The jobs are a TBD, but common sense says they're not coming back. 

:lol:

Dude brain resembles a pretzel with all the mental gymnastics

It's more like a six flags ride.

As far as Russia is concerned, it matters. See, another aspect of a banana republic is that its internal politics are heavily influenced by outside forces, and the people and its representatives have little say in what's going on in the country. That's the path the US is on, and it scares the patriotic minds on both sides of the aisle because they know how destabilizing having national policies set up to favor a foreign actor can be (considering the US has used similar tactics to assert its influence abroad).

how does Russian "interference" bloviating matter compared to jobs/economy and Healthcare? you're injecting what startles you (editorializing) and dismissing what actually is moving da needle in da general electorate.

you're also not factoring in establishment resistance to Trump, which is bipartisan.

and lastly, John Podesta's emails were what they were... Clinton's private server were a unforced error she created..

all this witch hunting for James Comey & da Russians doesn't address why da Democrats lost da election bor does it position them on stronger footing for da 2018 midterms or 2020 election.

da way i see it? Republicans got stronger weapons to kill themselves (mishandling da repeal and replace of Obamacare, and da undocumented illegal immigrants/immigration bill) than anything Democrats can throw at em.

that remains to be seen.

They cared about the jobs and healthcare alright. So much they voted for the guy who's going to repeal it while at the same time complaining that it's going to be taken away. The jobs are a TBD, but common sense says they're not coming back. 

objectively speaking, Obamacare was never popular, so Republicans arent gonna face a political price for getting rid of it. its Replacing it with something better...that will be da key.

what everyone can agree with is it can't go back to pre 2008 status quo.

Jobs wise if Trump delivers, everything else falls into place.

this Russia meme doesn't have any legs long term. I don't understand where u go from here on a strategy tip.

here's a decent criticism of Lewis's choice of words:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...is-sinks-donald-trump-level-article-1.2947018

Nevertheless, Lewis was wrong to say that Trump won’t be our rightful leader. Indeed, Lewis’ remark sunk to the level of . . . Donald J. Trump. It played fast and loose with the facts, and it placed Lewis’ enemy — in this case, Trump himself — beyond the pale of decency and dignity. It rendered Trump not just as an opponent but as a fraud, who obtained his power via underhanded means.

i agree and disagree. Lewis probably shouldn't have called Trump illegitimate but, at the same time, he set the trap perfectly for Trump who predictably walked right into it. so the bigger story that emerged was not a senator from one party calling the other party's candidate illegitimate but it was the future leader of the free world and president-elect of a country deeply wounded by a history of slavery and racism making petty attacks against a civil rights hero on the weekend this country devotes to remembering the struggles of people like Lewis.

Last edited:
What did I say about the Republicans changing their tune and demanding civility once it suited them.

Obamacare has never been popular, but parts of the law are very popular. There is no way the GOP can improve on the law without going more left wing.

People losing their insurance will not play well. And Trump's promises on the economy are easier said than done.

And let use remember, the repeal bill only needs 51 votes, the replace bill will have to beat a filibuster. If Trump's approval ratings are below 40, and it looks like tons of people will lose coverage, their might not be 60 votes to pass it.

Last edited:

For eight years, the right wing media has been serving a steady diet of hatred and misinformation, to the point where they got people to hate the very things that would help them: education and healthcare. Now the same people who dismissed all that was said about voting Trump are running around in the streets, screaming about "don't get rid of the ACA!!" which proves that even though Obama's policies were imperfect, they were a step in the right direction.

On the days I'm not shaking my head at the state of affairs, I just laugh at the stupidity that surrounds us.

here's a decent criticism of Lewis's choice of words:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...is-sinks-donald-trump-level-article-1.2947018

Nevertheless, Lewis was wrong to say that Trump won’t be our rightful leader. Indeed, Lewis’ remark sunk to the level of . . . Donald J. Trump. It played fast and loose with the facts, and it placed Lewis’ enemy — in this case, Trump himself — beyond the pale of decency and dignity. It rendered Trump not just as an opponent but as a fraud, who obtained his power via underhanded means.

i agree and disagree. Lewis probably shouldn't have called Trump illegitimate but, at the same time, he set the trap perfectly for Trump who predictably walked right into it. so the bigger story that emerged was not a senator from one party calling the other party's candidate illegitimate but it was the future leader of the free world and president-elect of a country deeply wounded by a history of slavery and racism making petty attacks against a civil rights hero on the weekend this country devotes to remembering the struggles of people like Lewis.

i agree strategically it was da same playbook as da goldstar family retort.

only thing is, now that Trump won da election, da landmine Lewis set to slow Trump up, doesn't hurt him to slow his agenda implementation, and it sets a precedent..a bad one IMO.

I wish I had a magical machine that allowed me to see the reaction from the right if it were a democrat at the center of all the Russia shenanigans

Obamacare has never been popular, but parts of the law are very popular. There is no way the GOP can improve on the law without going more left wing.

People losing their insurance will not play well. And Trump's promises on the economy are easier said than done.

GOP supposedly got their version of plans that adopt da pre existing conditions & stay on your parents insurance till 26...

da key is are they doable? da Jury is out.

Trump's economic plans look more like a winning bet, cuz slivers of protectionism Nationalism policies combined with tax incentives can drive behavior...

is it hypocritical to OLD SCHOOL reagonite Orthodoxy? of course it is, but Donald Trump isnt a free trading ayn rand acolyte...and I don't think anyone here ever tried to argue that he was.

Last edited:
The fact that our upcoming President can be so easily baited should be the most troubling part.
yup. Lewis will safely get reelected for life. and Lewis was referencing Russian interference. the language was maybe poorly chosen but the point was a politically safe one to make. and now suddenly Lewis has a national stage. i mean, if someone can peddle the birther bs and say he would jail his political opponent and still be elected president, then i think questioning someone's legitimacy amid an ongoing investigation and, more importantly, a string of questionable behavior and comments is not as politically dangerous as it would seem at face value.

i mean the last thing we need is another black man to play softball on Trump or, more dangerously, kiss his *** and legitimize him in some misguided kumbaya moment.

Last edited:
If the GOP really thinks that sticking people in high risk pools will make them feel good about losing insurance they are fooling themselves. :lol:

If the GOP really thinks that sticking people in high risk pools will make them feel good about losing insurance they are fooling themselves. :lol:

Bunch of idiots, but this could be the tipping point the Dems need to make serious inroads in 2018. They gone **** over a lot of their constituents.

Protectism can be dangerous too, especially if you try to engage in trade war with our biggest trading partner.

And while Trump might resided over a economy that grows at over 3% for a year, that is not what he promised. People on the right (the GOP, Trump, you) have been critical of the national debt, well when the deficits explode that must be seen as a failure. While there is room to improve of the employment situation, there is not as much as Trump would act like because we a near full employment.

The FED is going to raising rates over the next couple years, his infrastructure bill has too many tax breaks in it to guarantee it would work as job program. Plus Paul Ryan's austerity platform will work hamper growth and consumption too. All these things will wok against him

From a economic standpoint, things are not looking bright for Trump to be a success. Mainly because he over promised and lied so much.

Coal jobs have been decreasing since the 1970s, and fracking made the situation much worst. Deregulating the industry might not be enough to bring those 6 figure jobs back.

Last edited:
Giuliani overseeing cyber security and his page compromised.
A former attorney and mayor knows about cybersecurity? :lol:
used to hang out with that Bernard kerik fraud who served time?

There i no politician I despise more than Paul Ryan, he's the Stringer Bell of american politics.

He's a dumb person pretending to be smart.

He's pretend to be on your side while setting you up to take the fall.

He's a supposed policy wonk who real goal is actually just naked self interest.

Paul Ryan is THE worst. :x

There i no politician I despise more than Paul Ryan, he's the Stringer Bell of american politics.

He's a dumb person pretending to be smart.

He's pretend to be on your side while setting you up to take the fall.

He's a supposed policy wonk who real goal is actually just naked self interest.

Paul Ryan is THE worst. :x

Mitch McConnell is right there too. But you're definitely right, GOP props Opie up like he's some kind of genius instead of the snake he actuallly is.

Back
Top Bottom