***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Crazy how obsessed a lot of you are with constantly bashing the President. Give him his due, he won, lets see how it plays out

Is it "bashing" to point out how he always agrees with one thing and its negation?

"I don't want single payer, but everybody will have cheap health insurance"

"I will take care of the debt, and I will cut taxes and spend on infrastructure"

These are impossible statements to satisfy.

Crazy how obsessed a lot of you are with constantly bashing the President. Give him his due, he won, lets see how it plays out
He's brought it on himself the last year or so, and what you call 'bashing' I call 'honest criticism' and it's no different than what any PEOTUS would deal with considering the circumstances he brought upon himself with his decision making.

To put it in layman terms, he hasn't earned our patience. He's actually lost it decades ago. If he can't take the pressure that comes with the position he shouldn't be here. There are many before who have handled the office with dignity.

Last edited:
I wanna fight whoever taught ninjahood three big words that got him really thinking he's a political pundit.
laugh.gif

Is it "bashing" to point out how he always agrees with one thing and its negation?

"I don't want single payer, but everybody will have cheap health insurance"

"I will take care of the debt, and I will cut taxes and spend on infrastructure"

These are impossible statements to satisfy.
I honestly think most Americans either can't, or are unwilling to understand this.

Based on what I've seen this election season I'll go with the former.

US media in a nutshell

Funny how this cartoon is supposed to be pro-Drumpf yet it basically admits that Drumpf wants to ally himself with an animal that can't be reasoned with.

Parody/satire is just not a right winger thing. They should stick with what they know: Lying and screwing poor people out of medical aid.
that is the worst cartoon I've ever seen. if anything we are the bear. what happened to "walk softly and carry a big stick?" we are the predator, the alpha, the grizzly.

bunch of submissive daddy-issues traitors trying to rewrite history and sell off over two centuries of American greatness just to spite latte-sipping educated free-thinking multiethnic Americans.

Last edited:
Can we do away with the assumption that people waltz their way in the US already? Half of illegal immigration is people overstaying their visas, so they come in legally; in addition, the majority of immigration applicants have to wait years or even decades to settle in this country permanently.
Does that include undocumented illegal immigrants?

Can we do away with the assumption that people waltz their way in the US already? Half of illegal immigration is people overstaying their visas, so they come in legally; in addition, the majority of immigration applicants have to wait years or even decades to settle in this country permanently.

Does that include undocumented illegal immigrants?
estimates say that 6-7 million came illegally and then 4-5.5 million overstayed their visa.

also the rate of Mexican illegal entry into the US has slowed and the number of illegal Mexicans has decreased, from 6.4 to 5.8 million over 5 years. that works out to less than 2% of the population of the united states.

Last edited:
I've seen estimates where it's closer to 11m.

Just wondering how that impacts the lower skilled job markets and how that directly impacts low income neighborhoods.

Had a conversation with someone who raised some interesting points.

Gonna have to do some research for myself.

11 million is the total

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/03/5-facts-about-illegal-immigration-in-the-u-s/

has good numbers and some discussion

and some quotes from Wikipedia:

tax revenues that illegal immigrants generate for state and local governments do not offset the total cost of services provided to those immigrants, though the report speculated that the impact of illegal immigrants on state and local budgets was likely to be modest

and a longer read here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_impact_of_illegal_immigrants_in_the_United_States

my take is that the are benefits and harms to illegal immigration but overall it works out to a small net negative, at worst. so it's worth addressing but not worth any drastic measures that incur a large economic or societal cost. however it's easy to work up (manipulate) people's emotions (on both sides of the issue) so it's easy political theatre and that's why it's always a big issue around election time.

Last edited:
Obama went to Cuba and did da Iran deal...let Da Donald cook a lil :lol:

you can disagree whether it was worth it, but there are clear aims a goals to that.

What is the benefit to America of destroying their post war alliances, to appeas a dictatorial regime?

Like I don't understand what america has to gain from this?

I understand what Exxxon has to gain, or what Trump and his russian creditors have to gain, but what's in this for America?

you can disagree whether it was worth it, but there are clear aims a goals to that.

What is the benefit to America of destroying their post war alliances, to appeas a dictatorial regime?

I understand what Exxxon has to gain, or what Trump and his russian creditors have to gain, but what's in this for America?

*Crickets*

nerd.gif

Look at these conservatives now

After years of dissing Obama, with some of the most silly criticism sometimes.

They are now asking for liberals to lay off Trump. I guess the PC culture is cool once it suits them.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...nt-germany-chancellor-interview-a7529271.html

President-elect Trump has finally condemned Russia for something ("Mr. Trump condemned Russia's involvement in the Syrian conflict"), but of course he had to set off another gigantic red flag in the process.

President-elect Donald Trump  has avoided saying who he trusts more — German Chancellor Angela Merkel, a longtime US-ally, or Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Well, I start off trusting both — but let’s see how long that lasts," the incoming president said in an interview with The Sunday Times.

"It may not last long at all.”

During the interview, Mr Trump said Britain's decision to leave the EU would "end up being a great thing" and reiterated his claim Nato is "obsolete because it wasn't taking care of terror".

Mr Trump also criticised Ms Merkel's immigration policies.

Despite saying he had "great respect" for the German leader, Mr Trump said she had made a "catastrophic mistake" by welcoming an unlimited number of refugees to her country.

He also suggested the December Christmas market attack by a Tunisian man was one effect of Ms Merkel's policies.

The President-elect said he will consider reviewing sanctions against Russia if Mr Putin is prepared to move away from confrontation with the US.

"For one thing, I think nuclear weapons should be way down and reduced very substantially, that’s part of it," he said.

"But Russia’s hurting very badly right now because of sanctions, but I think something can happen that a lot of people are gonna benefit."

Breaking with his previous rhetoric, Mr Trump condemned Russia's involvement in the Syrian conflict.

He said: “It’s a very bad thing, we had a chance to do something when we had the line in the sand and... nothing happened.

He added: "Aleppo was nasty. I mean when you see them shooting old ladies walking out of town — they can’t even walk and they’re shooting ’em — it almost looks like they’re shooting ’em for sport — ah no, that’s... a terrible situation.”

@SkyNewsDesk: Russian government spokesman says Russia agrees with U.S. President-elect Donald Trump that NATO is obsolete

Of course :rofl:

Putin legit won. The Russian Bear is getting the American Eagle to bite off its own tail

Last edited:
we're being asked to show deference to a man who spent years attacking our president with a made-up racist theory in an attempt to discredit him. **** that.

Trump is a c**^% and will be treated like one for the rest of time.

Last edited:
we're being asked to show deference to a man who spent years attacking our president with a made-up racist theory in an attempt to discredit him. **** that.

Not to mention all the dog whistles,fear mongering and diet racism coming out of the tea party movement :lol:,dudes can ***** with that.

Look at these conservatives now

After years of dissing Obama, with some of the most silly criticism sometimes.

They are now asking for liberals to lay off Trump. I guess the PC culture is cool once it suits them.

Safe spaces are cool when their feelings are hurt :lol:

Reminds me a lot of the "be tolerant of my intolerance" paradox

I will give da Donald credit when credit is due. I'll give him some points right now for suggesting universal healthcare. But I would be very surprised if his party would actually go along with that.

But in the wake of shamelessly acting like a puppet for Putin (whether those allegations are true or false are besides the point) and spending his time insulting people on twitter, he'll have to step up his game significantly to score some more points. There's a lot more he did on the campaign, but I'll give him a clean slate starting from his victory.

I sincerely hope he doesn't turn out to be a gigantic disaster for all our sake but my faith in that isn't very high at the moment.

Last edited:

to stop funding da "USA world Police" initiative" and save some money, and get our ***** outta da business of foreign affairs.

da Obama Iran deal has same underpinnings, provide a counter balance to Saudi Arabia and make a convert neutral stance in da Israeli Palestinian conflict.

da President has always had to deal with unsavory international actors since da dawn of this Country's founding...i say let it play out & see what happens.

it's about time da E.U. start putting their more money where their mouth is if they truly are worried bout Russia.

So we are gonna just let Russia interfere with our elections, and potentially harass our allies because..........

When we needed our NATO allies after 9/11 they showed up, so if that happens again, we should call Russia?

We are gonna throw away relationships we have built over decades upon decades, to appease a dictator that has no respect for our democratic process.

And Republicans had the audacity to call Obama weak. At worst, Trump looks like a puppet, at best he looks like a coward.

Back
Top Bottom