***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Do tell. AMA is one of the most powerful lobbies in Washington, and this isn't even counting Pharma. 

Money has to come from somewhere and payroll is ALWAYS the biggest expense. 

Part of the reason medical care is so expensive is that the barrier to enter into the field is so high. 8 + years in school AND residency? Doctors are untouchable though.

To be fair, none of us would want an undereducated Doctor performing an operation on us.

What kind of a clown show we are witnessing here
roll.gif

How did people elect this buffoon into office!!!!! HOWWWWW!?

roll.gif
"He tells it like it is"
"Can't trust Hillary after the emails"

Just a coincidence that the Clinton Global Institute is closing up shop now that foreign nations and corporations here can't buy influence anymore.

I watched and hour and a half of the DeVos segment from C-SPAN. I got so frustrated of listening to her backpeddle and deflect that I had to shut it off.

We are truly f*cked :stoneface:

I can't watch any of the cabinet hearings anymore.

It really looks like they are going to approve people who clearly are unqualified.

Cummings said he understands his colleagues' decision to protest.

"I think that they should do what they believe in their hearts," he said.

"You gotta understand that we members of Congress have a lot of information that the public does not have," he added. "If the public knew what members of Congress knew ... The information will come out later at some point. Then the public will fully understand."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/14/politics/democrats-boycotting-donald-trump-inauguration/

Anyone saying that protesting or boycotting Trump is classless because there needs to be a peaceful transfer of power (that is on Obama anyway) should remember the birther nonsense and The Orange Bigot's response to the 2012 election.

I watched that Frontline documentary the past two days. Interesting stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Ready for Trump to destroy the country so he can put a nail in the Republican party's coffin for decades.

Na, you're giving them too much credit. The the country goes off the cliff, they'll blame Obama and the liberals.
"This was the secret Kenyan muslim communist antichrist Obama's doing all along. He failed to enact martial law and impose sharia law so he set up Trump and the GOP to fail to take our country down with him"

Do tell. AMA is one of the most powerful lobbies in Washington, and this isn't even counting Pharma. 

Money has to come from somewhere and payroll is ALWAYS the biggest expense. 

Part of the reason medical care is so expensive is that the barrier to enter into the field is so high. 8 + years in school AND residency? Doctors are untouchable though.

To be fair, none of us would want an undereducated Doctor performing an operation on us.

Yeah, but the rest of the world does it in something like 5 years - there's a big difference between "undeducated" and "gone through a system that bilked you for a few hundred thousand". US universities aren't so much training institutions as they are profit-making sausage factories.

Yeah, but the rest of the world does it in something like 5 years - there's a big difference between "undeducated" and "gone through a system that bilked you for a few hundred thousand". US universities aren't so much training institutions as they are profit-making sausage factories.
Idk about other countries but it's 6 years here in Belgium for a masters degree in medicine.
It used to be 8 if I recall correctly. But tuition at the top university is capped at €890/year regardless of the degree.
Specialization can add 4-6 years to that though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom