***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I saw over on (((MSNBC))) that Donald Trump, as President, watches six hours of cable news a day. :lol:

Even retirees don't watch six hours of cable news per day.

Also, he does not read and he watched much more TV on the campaign trail.

He is making George W. seems statesmanlike and scholarly in comparison.

Last edited:
Cable news will rot your mind. He needs to leave that alone.

If I had access to all the info he does, I'd be reading briefings all day.

Cable news will rot your mind. He needs to leave that alone.

If I had access to all the info he does, I'd be reading briefings all day.
The thing is that what made Trump who he is, is that he always stays in the spotlight by making outrageous statements or PR stunts. He lives for the media fame.

Hence the media blackout on the government agencies, he doesn't want to see his name get sullied on the news. He doesn't want the bad PR to get out there, but it hasn't really worked :lol:

Yeah I went on a news diet myself and I was mostly reading articles and reports from across the web. Sometimes you gotta detox that stuff

Unless there is a game or a show I want to binge I don't even watch 6 hours of TV in a work week, geez Trump :lol:

Last edited:
I think everyone can agree that cable news is best consumed sparingly, it is the junk food of information.

Me, personally, I watch Chris Hayes every day. I watch a bit of Bill O'Reilly to see what is going on in conservative daily news. I do listen to Michael Savage because he really is a window into the conservative base's thoughts and he is one the best version of most conservative arguments.

Mostly, it's The Economist and The Atlantic as my main sources of news.

I don't even need to watch any conservative news. I talk to my dad on the daily. My pops is a typical Republican supporter. :lol:

In fact, he got this in the mail yesterday :lol:

Somehow I find it hard to believe that Trump is demoralized lol

I don't watch cable anymore. I think I should just cancel it.

I can't believe someone said 'sir I retract my vote' as if that's going to do anything :rofl:

Last edited:
The one thing this week has taught me is that the American spirit is still alive
People are fighting for their rights and constitutional liberties
:pimp:

It's terrible if he watches 6 hrs of television a day. That's 6 hrs he can spend running the country smh..

Dude won't attend his briefings but he'll watch TV?

This can't be real life.

I feel your pain. :lol:

My dad is a white Hispanic who is, surprise, surprise, super conservative. He doesn't have much of an accent but when he really gets to ranting, he sounds like Rafael Cruz talking about "de aberage black."

His mind has been colonized by Donald Trump and Alex Jones and AM Radio. He buys pretty much anything that gets advertised on AM radio. :smh:

Half of my extended family, I would estimate to consider themselves Republicans. Thankfully most of them are so passive when it comes to politics that I'm spared a lot of conservative rhetoric in get togethers and stuff.

I feel your pain. :lol:

My dad is a white Hispanic who is, surprise, surprise, super conservative. He doesn't have much of an accent but when he really gets to ranting, he sounds like Rafael Cruz talking about "de aberage black."

His mind has been colonized by Donald Trump and Alex Jones and AM Radio. He buys pretty much anything that gets advertised on AM radio. :smh:
:lol: my dad isn't a big believer into those conspiracy theories. But he believes in tax cuts, some business deregulation, and same sex marriage should have been just considered a civil union for religious reasons. He's used to support ACA, until he hated paying a little extra on premiums for the same plan. Which is why he doesn't like Obama all too much.

The one thing I never got about my father though is his immigration stance though, since he illegally immigrated from HK to Mexico. Like I know he legally immigrated to the US, but that's a little bit hypocritical right there :lol:

Somehow I find it hard to believe that Trump is demoralized lol
Yeah, as much as I wish he was, he probably doesn't give two ***** about how popular/unpopular he is. The fact that he made fun of a disabled person shows that he is incapable of feeling shame. Hell, he was encouraging armed group intimidation of Hillary voters during the election so all that matters to him is that he has power, not how legit his power is.

On his deathbed, seconds before he dies, dude will probably call the doctor who is giving him treatment an incapable loser for not being able to make him immortal.

Last edited:
If Trump doesn't care, why does he bother tweeting at celebrities, a small town union leader, and other people for their slander?

Seeing that David Muir and Sean Hannity interview makes him look like he is desperately seeking for approval from the American public.

I never seen any Republican or Democrat president show that type of demeanor when trying to get some respect.

He's being unorthodox this first week of being president I will give him that, but his actions are getting more volatile as each day progresses.

I can picture Trump being a lot of things about dissenting opinions: angry, or frustrated, or confused, or delusional...but not demoralized. He just doesn't seem like the type.

Last edited:
I can picture Trump being a lot of things about dissenting opinions: angry, or frustrated, or confused, or delusional...but not demoralized. He just doesn't seem like the type.
Well Sean Spicer did say this a couple days ago

Spicer: Press coverage 'demoralizing'

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...riefing-demoralizing/index.html?client=safari

He said Trump felt discouraged when news outlets began showing comparison pictures between his inauguration and former President Barack Obama's. The views Trump saw from the Capitol's West Front didn't match what television networks were showing, Spicer said.

"It's a little demoralizing," Spicer said, "because when you are sitting there and you are looking out and you are in awe of just how awesome that view is and how many people are there and you turn on the television and you see shots comparing this and that."

Last edited:
Yea. I read that. I just don't believe that he's really demoralized. Just sounds to me like it's just more attempts to demonize the press for their coverage on Trump, on some 'yall gotta chill out, you hurting his feelings' tip

This war against the press is dangerous and I'm scared the press night lose one day.

Last edited:
Only way media loses is if they get bought out by Trump himself. And that would include social media like Facebook and Twitter, or even Reddit.

I have faith in the American people though given our history.

I never enrolled for health coverage because I take care of myself, I'm in my late 20's, and it made no sense. Why pay 300 minimum a month with a huge deductible to receive mediocre care in mediocre circumstances?
A few years ago I was a nursing student in perfect health and fairly muscular from a heavy workout routine. I now have a disability statute. I rarely ever got sick and there were zero indications I would become chronically ill and eventually disabled as the disease progressed. It's been 3 years now and still no diagnosis, though some of the top doctors in the country are working on that.
The point is anyone can get hit with sudden onset of a terrible disease with zero prior indications. That's rare of course but you could get an accident, bone fractures, ...
Not having insurance because you're healthy now is shortsighted.

Back
Top Bottom