***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Fire crack back.

However, I can see the rebuttal

"I didn't own slaves"

"Black people sold their own to white slave owners, so you should be upset at them"

"They're not doing anything to curb terrorism. They're just letting it grow"

"How can they talk when they have their own problems"

I'm getting good at calling out the responses from Trumpeters and other ill-informed folks

Yahoo + WSJ comments sections are like Racist Retorts 1310

:pimp:
"Irish and other white people were slaves too"

Feinstein is an attack dog so regardless of that 538 site, we are gonna need her and the rest of the Democrats including Republicans to counter Trump. Getting ridiculous that McCain out of all the Republicans is leading the charge.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) will introduce two bills on Monday in response to President Donald Trump’s recent executive action that imposes a temporary travel ban on nationals from seven Muslim-majority countries.

“The first bill immediately rescinds the order. The second limits executive authority under the Immigration and Nationality Act,”

idk man. seems like smoke and mirrors. Do this on the surface..but behind closed doors, in the quiet, lowkey vote in support of everything Trump does. She not bout it bout it

quote]Best thing you've posted in days

@Independent: African Union condemns US for 'taking our people as slaves' but not as refugees

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ion-refugees-slaves-immigration-a7553041.html

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0ExvWVvkGxDADbig/giphy.gif[/quote]

The thing that annoys me about the AU is that they could be in a better position today to take advantage of the globalization of labor and tech. They should be clapping at the brain drain that's about to happen in the US because it is an opportunity to finally add intellectuals, and visionaries, and technical folks who can make a difference on the continent.

[quote="Freeze, post: 27438957"]wait...hol up....Africa is claiming us again?? We have a nationality??? 2017 is about to get lit. Africa the richest continent on Earth. We out folk.[/quote]

I'd support that.

I'm skeptical of this. People love using African Americans as political footballs to highlight American hypocrisy. I'm good.

Last edited:
Let's see how far these bills go. Dems can't pass **** without Republican support, so some of the GOP will have to defect. This will be the first true test of Trump's mandate.

My prediction, the bills will go nowhere. The GOP Establishment doesn't want a splintered GOP again. Trump's win consolidated the GOP base in a way that Paul Ryan and John Boehner could never do. There's power in numbers even if you don't agree 100% with the actions that are taken.

[thread="509493"]Quote:[/thread]
wait...hol up....Africa is claiming us again?? We have a nationality??? 2017 is about to get lit. Africa the richest continent on Earth. We out folk.

Only when its convenient :rolleyes  

Just talked about this with my homies. They said the same. Told me not to get my hopes up. But..but..but...hope is all I have :frown:

I'm going to Africa is May for a few weeks. I'll let you guys know if they accept me as one of their own or if they reject me like bad implants lol.

idk man. seems like smoke and mirrors. Do this on the surface..but behind closed doors, in the quiet, lowkey vote in support of everything Trump does. She not bout it bout it

Yeah for all we know they are doing this just to get donor support.. I completely understand the pessimism. Just gotta hope some type of opposition grows in Congress now due to the ban cause the Dems didn't put up much of a fight with Trump's cabinet appointees. Even Obama up to this point hasn't spoken out.

Last edited:
Let's see how far these bills go. Dems can't pass **** without Republican support, so some of the GOP will have to defect. This will be the first true test of Trump's mandate.

My prediction, the bills will go nowhere. The GOP Establishment doesn't want a splintered GOP again. Trump's win consolidated the GOP base in a way that Paul Ryan and John Boehner could never do. There's power in numbers even if you don't agree 100% with the actions that are taken.

GOP =

Just talked about this with my homies. They said the same. Told me not to get my hopes up. But..but..but...hope is all I have
frown.gif

I'm going to Africa is May for a few weeks. I'll let you guys know if they accept me as one of their own or if they reject me like bad implants lol.
Safe trip homie, bucket list type move 
pimp.gif

@Independent: African Union condemns US for 'taking our people as slaves' but not as refugees

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ion-refugees-slaves-immigration-a7553041.html

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0ExvWVvkGxDADbig/giphy.gif[/quote]

The thing that annoys me about the AU is that they could be in a better position today to take advantage of the globalization of labor and tech. They should be clapping at the brain drain that's about to happen in the US because it is an opportunity to finally add intellectuals, and visionaries, and technical folks who can make a difference on the continent.

[quote="Freeze, post: 27438957"]wait...hol up....Africa is claiming us again?? We have a nationality??? 2017 is about to get lit. Africa the richest continent on Earth. We out folk.[/quote]

I'd support that.[/quote]

It's been hard given all the usual corruption in many countries but ever since the AU formed in 2001,I'd say things have slowly gotten much better in terms of development and even political stability imo. Just a week or 2 ago,West African states exercised the will of the people and forced out the dictator in Gambia after he lost the elections and wouldn't let go of power. Feels like there's been more successful transitions of power throughout the continent recently and I'm hoping that the stability that comes from that will help countries and their economies grow and even take advantage of globalization instead of being taken advantage of by great powers like usual.

It really would be great to some of the talent that could be leaving the States over the next few years going back home to help their countries out. Africa is way too loaded with an abundance of natural resources for none of the rewards to ever go back to Africans :{

Last edited:

Yeah for all we know they are doing this just to get donor support.. I completely understand the pessimism. Just gotta hope some type of opposition grows in Congress now due to the ban cause the Dems didn't put up much of a fight with Trump's cabinet appointees. Even Obama up to this point hasn't spoken out.
I think Obama is just taking some time to himself, he knows his words can't carry the same weight as they did during his time in office. And if he does speak out, it might rustle GOPers jimmies enough to push them back into Drumpf's baby hands.

So you don't have a Facebook?

Trump's tweets are newsworthy. He's the President. Some random people using hashtags...not so much. Big difference. And then people using that as evidence of anything is even more disconcerting.

Trump tweeting at SNL and celebs he doesn't like is newsworthy brehs

wait...hol up....Africa is claiming us again?? We have a nationality??? 2017 is about to get lit. Africa the richest continent on Earth. We out folk.

I am 100% not joking when I say I hope they step in. I don't see it happening but I would love to be taken back home.

That tweet about CBP hanging up on two Congressman is scary and hope it's not real. 'I answer to President Trump'

***** Trump ain't a king

GOP got to wake up. Trump is not qualified to hold office. Who cares about a splintered GOP. Trump keeps this up we'll have a splintered america.

Last edited:

I think your prediction will be right, but proposing such legislation is going to strengthen the Democrat voting base

2017 and cats still waiting on Obama to save them. :rofl:

Son chiling in his 5 million 9 bedroom 8.5 bathroom crib on Belmont Ave in Kalorama. He ain worried about you all.

Honestly,what obligation does Obama have to speak out right now while on vacation?

Dude spoke out all the time during his 8 years and no matter how tame or PC the comment,folks would still lose their goddamn minds *****ing about how divisive he was and what not :stoneface: :rolleyes

I'll never forget how folks wanted to throw him to the wolves after his Trayvon comments which were 100% factual.

I honestly don't know how much of an impact Obama saying something right now would have, better to hold the folks who are actually in office right now accountable and egg them on to act since they're the ones who still have tangible power...

Last edited:
I think we can count McCain as the best chance to start a GOP defect. Which means nothing will happen :smh:

I highly doubt a out going president is supposed to speak out against a new president.

You haven't even heard Clinton or Carter say anything.

Obama speaking up now would probably play into Into Trump's hands. 'See, he's trying to undermine my presidency.' Stuff like that. It's not Obama's job to do this anymore.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom