***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Of course this is your response

I don't think ninja understands what a democracy is :lol:

except da United States isn't a Democracy.

One last thought from me on education is back on the lines of fear n hate ...if u known or talk to anybody that's from the areas that want the obsolete jobs back that don't need college courses n all that they mainly don't wanna go to univ cuz of 2 reasons ...one is alotta of the good ones are in metro areas that might be away from theirs safe white power havens and the second is these metro areas they actually gotta see/interact with those they hate, the parents and the kids don't want their mind changed about stuff they grew up on ...I know a few ppl from wv towns that came to the. If schools in MD or PA and opened their eyes ...the question is why more of them don't go to hear schools that aren't even far from their hometowns ...they don't wanna lose the hate and fear

If I was from wv of Kentucky I would be running to the nearest "liberal" college town or city as soon as I was done hs :lol: , but they don't see it like that

N this is the 1st of many firings in this trump administration :x

It's the same with people from liberal metropolitan areas. I personally would never venture into a rural small town or attend a school in one.

Went to Virgina Tech for a weekend and stayed on campus the whole time, except to venture to try Sonic. They drive tractors on the open road down there.

People want to stay close to where they know for the most part. Yea traveling to foreign countries is cool. Cultural diffusion with another country is great. But even still I wouldn't travel to a rural area of France. I'd visit major cities.
just to add --

even colleges in middle of nowhere or in very conservative states are still fairly progressive.

for many reasons i think it stratifies with people on the left more likely to go to college. but i think this is harming the country in the long run. it's why the majority of discussions about politics quickly spiral downward because the two sides are coming not necessarily from two different backgrounds or intelligence levels but two different experiences between the ages of 18 and 22.

i can imagine trying to talk politics with the version of myself who didn't attend college for whatever reason... that version of me would sound in many ways like a deplorable. and not because of any ill will or anything, but i just wouldn't have gained needed life experience by staying in the same environment.

The fact that we have to ask what will happen if the president and his cronies refuse a federal court order...

*sigh

*continues to read article

??? He ran on quelling net neutrality and his FCC pick is an opponent of it. It's going to happen. What were yall too busy shutting down liberals and writing in useless candidates to take notice?

This isn't the time for petty bickering. The internet is in danger. Like amel said, common denominator.

The fact that we have to ask what will happen if the president and his cronies refuse a federal court order...

*sigh

*continues to read article

The fact that there are people who are cool with the any number of things that took place

:smh:

One last thought from me on education is back on the lines of fear n hate ...if u known or talk to anybody that's from the areas that want the obsolete jobs back that don't need college courses n all that they mainly don't wanna go to univ cuz of 2 reasons ...one is alotta of the good ones are in metro areas that might be away from theirs safe white power havens and the second is these metro areas they actually gotta see/interact with those they hate, the parents and the kids don't want their mind changed about stuff they grew up on ...I know a few ppl from wv towns that came to the. If schools in MD or PA and opened their eyes ...the question is why more of them don't go to hear schools that aren't even far from their hometowns ...they don't wanna lose the hate and fear

If I was from wv of Kentucky I would be running to the nearest "liberal" college town or city as soon as I was done hs :lol: , but they don't see it like that

It's the same with people from liberal metropolitan areas. I personally would never venture into a rural small town or attend a school in one.

Went to Virgina Tech for a weekend and stayed on campus the whole time, except to venture to try Sonic. They drive tractors on the open road down there.

People want to stay close to where they know for the most part. Yea traveling to foreign countries is cool. Cultural diffusion with another country is great. But even still I wouldn't travel to a rural area of France. I'd visit major cities.
you don't know much about anything so I won't get into it ...but bet u was up va tech a whole weekend still ain't get none of them easy bishes :lol: :smh: ...sonic was the highlight of your trip so I know what it is , or maybe I just know the right ppl

A republic is a subset of a democracy

I'll take rural France a thousand times over rural America. Cheap, local wine/cheese/bread/sweets??? Sign me up.

you don't know much about anything so I won't get into it ...but bet u was up va tech a whole weekend still ain't get none of them easy bishes :lol: :smh: ...sonic was the highlight of your trip so I know what it is , or maybe I just know the right ppl

I mentioned Sonic because that was the only time I ventured off campus into the Blacksburg. I don't care who you know at tech, and frankly I don't think anyone in here does. My point was to highlight that there is disconnect on both sides of the spectrum when it comes to attending schools in areas where you weren't raised.

He means that technically it's a Republic. He's not wrong, but he's not really right either.

The United States is not a pure/direct democracy. It is "still" :rolleyes an indirect democracy. A representative democracy (i.e a republic) is still a form of democracy

He is wrong

He means that technically it's a Republic. He's not wrong, but he's not really right either.

The United States is not a pure/direct democracy. It is "still" :rolleyes an indirect democracy. A representative democracy (i.e a republic) is still a form of democracy

He is wrong

it's a constitutional republic.

cut it out.

It is a democracy. It is just not a direct democracy.

There are different forms of democracies.

I saw two links

One says that a republic is a democracy but not vice verse

The other article said that a democracy is a type of republic but not reversed.

Guess it just depends on one's viewpoint

*Ye shrug*

I don't think ninja understands what a democracy is
laugh.gif

The United States is not a pure/direct democracy. It is "still"
eyes.gif
an indirect democracy. A representative democracy (i.e a republic) is still a form of democracy

He is wrong
it's a constitutional republic.

cut it out.
It's semantics. This entire argument is pointless. 

Back
Top Bottom