***Official Political Discussion Thread***

You gotta be a special type of lunatic to somehow see any type of silver lining in Trump being President, after these past 10 days....lmao

Did Pres Trump even address the shooting in Canada?

roll.gif

You gotta be a special type of lunatic to somehow see any type of silver lining in Trump being President, after these past 10 days....lmao

His press secretary used it as a defense to Trump's immigration ban. Unfortunately for them, that was before news came out the shooter was a white nationalist and a Trump supporter.

Last edited:
Unlike Lynch, who faced a divided Senate for confirmation, Yates made it through her Senate grilling with wide, bipartisan support. Georgia Sens. Johnny Isakson and David Perdue -- both Republicans -- spoke on her behalf.

She did face some pushback from conservative corners, however. Sessions, an Alabama Republican, was among those to question her sharply during her Judiciary Committee hearing, and he ultimately voted against her confirmation.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/30/politics/who-is-sally-yates/index.html

:smh:

snakes in the grass

fosse1.gif

Last edited:

His press secretary used it as a defense to Trump's immigration ban. Unfortunately for them, that was before news came out the shooter was a white nationalist and a Trump supporter.

Just like da ninja

Bunch of clowns :smh:

:rofl: no way the media just gonna let that slide man....lmaoooo how did they deflect that fact? Man this is pure comedy...well not the deaths obviously, but how ridiculous it is to have this clown as our President.

yup, shooter in Canada is white as a sheet and loves Trump and is against immigration.

and they had the gall to use it to justify the ban.

i know no one from the white house is listening, but just in case: **** you. you can all go to hell.

Here's none other than David Frum,a tried and true conservative, speaking about the path to autocracy Trump is taking...

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/03/how-to-build-an-autocracy/513872/

Long read but I'd recommend it,gives a different perspective

Still think he's letting Trump off light a bit,dude won't just stumble into an authoritarian state, it'll most def be by design from the folks he's keeping closest to him :lol:

Definitely agree that dude will always put his impulses and ego over the GOP and their agenda

Last edited:
All this time I was scared of Trump and Pence. Turns out it's Bannon that you got to watch out for.

Most people knew this thought As soon as Bannon was mentioned to be a Trump's right hand man, cats knew what was going on. It's like we need some real movie **** to go down where cats get exposed and are their own undoing in order to restore the "sanctity" of the country.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Yates was not only dismissed, the white house said she betrayed the DoJ.

It is being compared to the Saturday Night Massacre, when the attorney general quit rather than fire the special prosecutor. Nixon still had him fired. This was the turning point, turning the public against Nixon and giving Congress the political capital they needed to proceed with impeachment:

Congress was infuriated by the act, which was seen as a gross abuse of presidential power. The public sent in an unusually large number of telegrams to both the White House and Congress.[9][10] Less than a week after the Saturday Night Massacre, an Oliver Quayle poll for NBC News showed that for the first time, a plurality of U.S. citizens now supported impeachment of Nixon, with 44% in favor, 43% opposed, and 13% undecided, with a sampling error of 2 to 3 percent.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_Night_Massacre

This is already being compared to the firing of Yates or, as it is going to be known in the history books, the Monday Night Massacre:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monday_Night_Massacre

Even Glenn Beck says this is going too far

They own that **** too. We will not forget, and we will always hold them accountable for this.

This situation is the result of 16 years of misinformation and the slow shift towards absolutism in the national discourse.

Well Obama put out a statement.

Apparently the comparisons to his immigration ban and Trump's upset him. Guess he's still trying to defend that legacy. :smh:

me and someone posted on the previous page posted links to articles that show how the comparisons are false. maybe you should read up

Riko doesn't read fact checkers, they have a liberal bias :rolleyes :smh: :lol:

Dat "K" tho :smokin

First off, i want to thank yall for keepin me informed; even if i dont agree with everyone's politikal views. The amount of information, be it REAL news links, Tweets, YT vids, etc. really allows me to give informed answers to those that try to deflekt when kalled on their BS.

I was visiting my nephew's spot yesterday (RIP Panchito), n i met a former Army Ranger Sniper. He served in Desert Storm, n was a part of the first regiment to step foot in Iraq. As they drove in on konvoy, they hit an IED, n he was flung roughly 100 ft onto a koncrete block, injuring his back. He served 17 years for this kountry, n retired a 1st SGT. I thanked him for his service, n we began to chat.

The man was a staunch T**** supporter; hates Obama, hates muslims (he said he hates them kuz his son was KIA 3 years ago in Afghanistan). He was a California transplant from Nashville. He was a very nice man, he even offered to help my brother in law with his dispute over backpay owed from his tours of duty. As he kontinued his T**** praises, i began to feel sorry for him. He was so misguided n misinformed. I didn't inform him kuz 1) Im visiting my nephew, 2) Im at a national cemetery n i didnt want to kome off as disrespektful to a man that has served, n kontinues to serve, his kountry, n 3) kuz as a T**** supporter, he deserves what ever komes his way.

This interaktion also helped me get a glimpse into the inner workings of how midwest/southern white Americans might think n feel. They are misinformed, n due to their lack of interaktion with minorities, they rarely interakt with differing world views. I also noticed that he was very respektful in my presence, kuz it was just me, however i got the feeling, that had i been in a group with others like me (tatted down Mexicans, also a gang member) our enkounter may have been different. But i feel, or hope rather, that i may have changed his view on people that look like me, kuz i wasnt rude n was artikulate in my speech.

I am kompletely against racists, bigots, n xenophobes, but i feel that some may just be that way kuz thats the only way they kno of those that are different. I was blessed with being born in as diverse a state as California, let alone SoCal. So even if i may have had a prekonceived notion of how someone may be, based on their appearance, religion, sexual preference, i had met enough people in my lifetime, from all walks of life, to kno that everyone is different, n you kant judge as a group, but rather as an individual.

It felt good knowing, that even in the presence of someone that had such stark differing views, i kould remain civil n respektful. Kuz i kno the old me wouldve kut him down in a sekond.

N before yall might start bashing me for not arguing politikal views with the man, allow me to say, it was not the time nor the place to have politikal diskourse. In another setting, it wouldve fair game. However, i was with my family visiting my nephew's grave.

I'm really kinda surprised Elon Musk was in Uber's snitching list.

[emoji]129300[/emoji]

Meh, if anybody I give the benefit of the doubt to, it's Elon. Son tryna get that Hyperloop poppin. I think dude is too socially conscious to fall victim to da establishment

Even Glenn Beck says this is going too far

They own that **** too. We will not forget, and we will always hold them accountable for this.

This situation is the result of 16 years of misinformation and the slow shift towards absolutism in the national discourse.
It's just weird to hear most of these mainstream conservatives start speaking out against Trump...I feel like I'm in the twilight zone

Back
Top Bottom