***Official Political Discussion Thread***

No, what you said is bigotry

Like all the other bigotry you have spewed on NT, and always struggle to defend, you don't get a free pass on it..

You say saying nonsense, when people disagree you demand they jump through hoops to prove their point.

Yet when it is your turn, you struggle mightily. This was the case with your anarchism ****, you denials of racial discrimination, and the gender wage gap.

Not an anarchist. Contrary to your belief.

Racial discrimination and wage gap, I said my points. You admitted my points counted for the 20% gap, then said where there is no evidence for the remaining 10% or why it exists, your default was discrimination. Seemed like a waste of time to keep going at that point.

I don't come here to try to change your opinion, bud.

I prefer we let health professionals decide if transgender is an illness or not. No offense to Rusty or Ben.

Same goes for research on climate change. I'm not going to trust a non-scientist who can't read a graph to tell me if it's real or not.

Same goes for abortion. I'm not going to let someone who's never delivered a baby or had to tell someone that their family member is going to die to tell me the morality of dealing with a personal health issue.

I saw an interesting article arguing that the science march will e counterproductive. I sort of agree. Somehow these questions of science and medicine have become domains of the public sphere so that people who have no expertise think that their opinion matters because it's now a political issue.

Last edited:
We can disagree on a topic, that's fine.

But I fail to see how it makes someone a bigot.

Either defend why you believe it isn't a mental illness or scroll over my post.
I've never thought of transgender as a mental illness, what made you come to that conclusion?

Doesn't have an argument. Default is name-calling.

Lame MMA memes, I am not surprised.

You not have no way to explain how your political ideology would work, did I not debate racial discrimination regarding policing at length with you? But you just denied it and posted some texts from your black cop friend. You rage against "liberal gun laws and did not even know why they were created, and miss me on the gender wage gap. You deflected like crazy and started talking about liberals taking over universities

You say being intellectually lazy b, and struggle to defend your shtick.

Last edited:
I prefer we let health professionals decide if transgender is an illness or not. No offense to Rusty or Ben.

Same goes for research on climate change. I'm not going to trust a non-scientist who can't read a graph to tell me if it's real or not.

Same goes for abortion. I'm not going to let someone who's never delivered a baby to tell me the morality of dealing with a health issue.

I saw on interesting article arguing that the science march will e counterproductive. I sort of agree. Someone these questions of science and medicine have become domains of the public sphere so that people who have no expertise think that their opinion matters because it's now a political issue.

With that logic, why does a political thread exist on this site? I don't see any politicians here.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-immigration-poll-exclusive-idUSKBN15F2MG

Exclusive: Trump's travel ban polarizes America - Reuters/Ipsos poll

The Jan. 30-31 poll found that 49 percent of American adults said they either "strongly" or "somewhat" agreed with Trump's order, while 41 percent "strongly" or "somewhat" disagreed and another 10 percent said they don't know.

But the responses were split almost entirely along party lines. Some 53 percent of Democrats said they "strongly disagree" with Trump's action while 51 percent of Republicans said they "strongly agree."

The Reuters/Ipsos poll found 31 percent of Americans feel "more safe" because of the ban, compared with 26 percent who said they felt "less safe." Some 38 percent said they felt the United States was setting "a good example" of how best to confront terrorism, while 41 percent said the country was setting "a bad example."

Most Americans, however, don't think the country should show a preference for Christian refugees, as Trump has suggested. Some 56 percent, including 72 percent of Democrats and 45 percent of Republicans, disagreed that the country should "welcome Christian refugees, but not Muslim ones."

The Reuters/Ipsos poll was conducted online in English in all 50 states. It gathered poll responses from 1,201 people including 453 Democrats and 478 Republicans. It has a credibility interval, a measure of accuracy, of 3 percentage points for the entire sample and 5 percentage points for the Democrats and the Republicans.

Same goes for abortion. I'm not going to let someone who's never delivered a baby to tell me the morality of dealing with a health issue.

I saw on interesting article arguing that the science march will e counterproductive. I sort of agree. Someone these questions of science and medicine have become domains of the public sphere so that people who have no expertise think that their opinion matters because it's now a political issue.

With that logic, why does a political thread exist on this site? I don't see any politicians here.

"Political discussion"

Strong logic is strong.

Last edited:

That you know of :nerd:

True, we're debating a lot of things for the sport of it. If we're going to talk about whether the government should protect their rights, that's a political discussion and belongs here.

But if we're going to talk about whether it's an actual mental health illness, then that's not a political question anymore. At the very least, it should then be discussed from a health/medicine perspective and not a political one.

edit: if I had any faith a reasonable discussion would be had, I would welcome an NT thread to talk about mental health issues.

Last edited:
Maybe he should so make a "Mental Health Discussion" thread, and present all his arguments of why being transgender is a mental illness.

I'm sure the mods we be thoroughly entertained to hear that knowledge.

You not have no way to explain how your political ideology would work, did I not debate racial discrimination regarding policing at length with you and you *** just denied it and posted some texts from your black cop friend, and miss me on the gender wage gap. You deflected like crazy and started talking about liberals taking over universities

You say being intellectually lazy b

Way to ignore the other points of the gender wage gap. Again, you admitted I was right about the 20%, and when you had ZERO evidence for why the 10% exists, your default was "IT MUST BE DISCRIMINATION!"

I don't know why we play this little game. I've said this time and time again with you, but apparently I have to repeat it.

You and I don't see eye to eye. I literally scroll over every post you make, because I disagree with you on everything. So why would I want to argue all day? I get that's what you enjoy doing, but that **** is a waste of energy to me.

We've even agreed on this fact, Yet, you can't control the urge to quote me every chance you get.

So either we squash it and start having discussions, or keep calling me and everyone else who disagrees with msnbc a bigot and I'll go back to ignoring you.

"Political discussion"

Strong logic is strong.

When laws are being passed based on gender identification, it makes it a political discussion. I know the boys scout thing isn't political, but it is a reflection of the times.

So, yes, strong logic.

Last edited:

You not have no way to explain how your political ideology would work, did I not debate racial discrimination regarding policing at length with you and you *** just denied it and posted some texts from your black cop friend, and miss me on the gender wage gap. You deflected like crazy and started talking about liberals taking over universities

You say being intellectually lazy b

Way to ignore the other points of the gender wage gap. Again, you admitted I was right about the 20%, and when you had ZERO evidence for why the 10% exists, your default was "IT MUST BE DISCRIMINATION!"

I don't know why we play this little game. I've said this time and time again with you, but apparently I have to repeat it.

You and I don't see eye to eye. I literally scroll over every post you make, because I disagree with you on everything. So why would I want to argue all day? I get that's what you enjoy doing, but that **** is a waste of energy to me.

We've even agreed on this fact, Yet, you can't control the urge to quote me every chance you get.

So either we squash it and start having discussions, or keep calling me and everyone else who disagrees with msnbc a bigot and I'll go back to ignoring you.

Hey genius, I didn't jump to call it discrimination, Economist that study it do, I told you this.

And NT is not you safe space for your ignorance. Not on race, women's rights, and transgender issue. If you don't like getting called out.....

Tough

Last edited:
That you know of :nerd:

True, we're debating a lot of things for the sport of it. If we're going to talk about whether the government should protect their rights, that's a political discussion and belongs here.

But if we're going to talk about whether it's an actual mental health illness, then that's not a political question anymore. At the very least, it should then be discussed from a health/medicine perspective and not a political one.

edit: if I had any faith a reasonable discussion would be had, I would welcome an NT thread to talk about mental health issues.

I feel you.

Maybe a separate thread would have been better. But I thought the boy scout article was a reflection of the politically driven trans rights movement.

"Political discussion"

Strong logic is strong.

When laws are being passed based on gender identification, it makes it a political discussion. I know the boys scout thing isn't political, but it is a reflection of the times.

So, yes, strong logic.

"With that logic, why does a political thread exist on this site? I don't see any politicians here."

Thread is called "political discussion thread". As in discussing politics. Not "pretend to be a politician" thread.

You asked that question in response to -

"Strong logic".

How can you view infowars as a good thing and then say that you don't want to encourage mental illness when the type of paranoia driven conspiracy nuts who worship Alex Jones are clearly mentally ill themselves?

Mannnnn go somewhere else with that bigotry.

We can disagree on a topic, that's fine.

But I fail to see how it makes someone a bigot.

Either defend why you believe it isn't a mental illness or scroll over my post.

Cuz it's not?

What makes you so sure that it's a mental illness? You work in mental health? You're a psychiatrist? A psychologist? A mental health RN? Last I checked your orientation or gender identity is not a part of the DSM

Last edited:
How can you view infowars as a good thing and then say that you don't want to encourage mental illness when the type of paranoia driven conspiracy nuts who worship Alex Jones are clearly mentally ill themselves?
:nerd: :nerd:

Jones literally belives that the lizard people are in power...

He's the type that were talking about folks being forced into hobbit homes sactioned by the UN under Obama :rofl:

Last edited:
I'm still wondering how the US is going to handle the Taiwan/China debacle
I know China is only rattling the sabers for now, but they must be angry that Taiwan has been even bold lately.

I was planning on getting my dual citizenship soon but I ain't trying to join the army.

Cuz it's not?

What makes you so sure that it's a mental illness? You work in mental health? You're a psychiatrist? A psychologist? A mental health RN? Last I checked your orientation or gender identity is not a part of the DSM

but someone can ask you the same thing so who are you to say its not.

LBGT is something god will judge. No human knows what it is

Last edited:
Like I said, you are discussing politics but have no background in politics. Does that make your opinion void? You read articles and watch the news which help you understand, shape or develop your political opinion.

Can the same not be done on this topic?

Back
Top Bottom