***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Cuz it's not?

What makes you so sure that it's a mental illness? You work in mental health? You're a psychiatrist? A psychologist? A mental health RN? Last I checked your orientation or gender identity is not a part of the DSM

but someone can ask you the same thing so who are you to say its not.

LBGT is something god will judge. No human knows what it is

I work in mental health bro :rofl:

Cuz it's not?

What makes you so sure that it's a mental illness? You work in mental health? You're a psychiatrist? A psychologist? A mental health RN? Last I checked your orientation or gender identity is not a part of the DSM

:lol:

ok well can you explain to me what is wrong with this girl I knew for a very long time who swore she was gay all her life and now she just married this guy who she is happily married to now.

Last edited:
How can you view infowars as a good thing and then say that you don't want to encourage mental illness when the type of paranoia driven conspiracy nuts who worship Alex Jones are clearly mentally ill themselves?

I think that's more the David Icke lizard people crowd.

Alex Jones is definitely a character, an over the top one at that. But, his side does provide a different perspective that I think is valuable to a discussion as long as it can be verified and if you aren't shouting at people like he did to Piers Morgan.

It really depends on the job, but for a lot of higher level tech/engineering/biotech jobs, money is not the issue. The goal is to get the best person out there. And typically there is a shortage of talent, especially if it is limited to Americans. Plus, it's already difficult enough for a non-citizen to get a visa to be able to work for these companies, so they already have to deal with an additional significant hurdle to bring those people in.

Now, if we're talking about hiring a C-level (not C-language, but C-level) programmer to create a website for that local restaurant you opened, then sure, by all means, give that job to an American.

I would want the exact opposite to be true, I want more Visas for top level guys and fewer H1B Visas for lower and mid level jobs.

I want to see how sanguine business elites are about globalism when the world is "flat" on the top floor and in the board room.

Right now, the local tech and pharmaceutical companies look like the UN except for the top management at which point it looks like a Yale class reunion.

Broadly speaking any talk of a "shortage of x type workers" is a finesse job. They have run this scam on teachers, pharmacy techs, nurses and now computer programmers and welders. Employers need to raise wages first and help pay or Americans' training and if those option do not work, then and only then should they be able to tailor immigration policy to their needs.

Two more things:

while I think that we should issue fewer work visas, once you do get a work visa you should be allowed to change companies just like any other American worker can. Companies should not get to import workers whom they can control and deport on a whim. If you come from India or China or anywhere else, once you are in, you should have every right to move to a new company if that company is offering you a better deal.

Perhaps we could have a system where the proportion of your work force must be reflected in your top level positions. So if your executive "talent" is so untalented that it needed half of its workforce to be Indian, then half of the board and C level positions must also be Indian.

Last edited:
How can you view infowars as a good thing and then say that you don't want to encourage mental illness when the type of paranoia driven conspiracy nuts who worship Alex Jones are clearly mentally ill themselves?

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Jones literally belives that the lizard people are in power

Y'all two know
Cuz it's not?

:rofl: :rofl:

I don't have a problem with transgender people, at all.

I just don't think it's cool to encourage mental illness.
I just snitched on you. METHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:rofl: :rofl:

---------------BTW, since us political people use articles are news to base our views on.

I would love to read some articles and news that says being transgender is a mental illness

For "da logic" :nerd:

Last edited:
Ben has a right to his opinion on him thinking its a mental illness tho. There are no facts proving you or him wrong/right.

I'm an RN

So is my girlfriend. She's worked at a psych ward for the last 3 years.

I don't think that makes her any more qualified than the next person because being an RN doesn't make you a psychiatrist. Just means she can spot a bipolar or manic depressive person a mile away.

I have to agree on Rex and the skilled immigrant labor.

People, espeically those on the left, have this blind spot for tech companies and their nonsense. It always made me uncomfortable that tech companies had a direct line to Obama. Not matter if that lead to shaping his views on net neutrality

Tech companies are some of the biggest crony capitalist around, not only that, because their workers fall into higher tax brackets we generally excuse their labor practices. Practices that if Wal-Mart did them, people on the left would be outraged. I just don't see how making a programmer crunch for 100 a week, for 6 weeks, is not wage theft.

They seem to care little about really fixing our education system other than displays of altruism (even though it would benefit them from having a bigger pool of skilled American workers), because they know that it is always cheaper to get a people from India of a visa that it would be to higher any American worker. They use those visa to suppress wages and is their word to prevent tech workers from even thinking about unionizing.

So hey, Trump is a xenophobic piece of ****, but people on the left should not let the tech industry off so easy. Business owners (of all political leanings) tend to love laws and policies that allow them to suppress the workers wages, whether it be Affirmative Action, undocumented Mexican immigration, of H1-B visas.

But with that being said, I do think that H1-B does have its value. It can plug some holes in the labor market, it allows brain power from all over the globe to flow into America, and it makes the country more culturally diverse. All positives in my book.

Last edited:
I'm an RN

So is my girlfriend. She's worked at a psych ward for the last 3 years.

I don't think that makes her any more qualified than the next person because being an RN doesn't make you a psychiatrist. Just means she can spot a bipolar or manic depressive person a mile away.

No we are not doctors. But you do know that when we admit patients doctors have to issue an official diagnosis right.

Never admitted a patient with transgender disorder. Lmk when that's apart of the DSM fam.

Last edited:
Like I said, you are discussing politics but have no background in politics. Does that make your opinion void? You read articles and watch the news which help you understand, shape or develop your political opinion.

Can the same not be done on this topic?

Is mental health based in opinion to you?

I don't care about the subject either way. Your logic just wasn't adding up in the context it was presented in.

Bruh, this dude Trump is really turning the SCOTUS pick into a real life reality show :rofl:

Last edited:
good read

Back
Top Bottom