***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I'm feel you 
laugh.gif

But the sentiment I get form some people (not on here really) is that if Bernie doesn't get the nomination they just won't vote in the general because that would mean they would have to consider voting for Clinton.

So who was a better candidate than Paul on the right?

Nice that you admit they're voting for her for money. Precisely what Bernie is against, and exactly what's wrong with politics.

To me, someone like Chris Christie

A moderate that doesn't align himself with a far right movement like the Tea Party, with their white nationalist undertones

That would be better than Paul, who does.

Last edited:
Chris Bully Christie? I couldn't do it :lol:. Dude is too much of an ******* man. He might not be considered a far right extremist but he tries to sell it :lol:. You've gotta be somewhat moderate out of necessity in a Northeastern state like NJ.

Last edited:
Chris Bully Christie? I couldn't do it :lol:. Dude is too much of an ******* man

I couldn't do it either. He a clown too

But you don't see me going around complimenting these dudes on the GOP side

Famb been on some "Rand gets it about Foreign policy", 'he gets it about the NSA", "oh yeah, he is in favor of criminal justice reform too" Those things are like sprinkles on a turd.

When a 5 minute google search would expose how bad he would be.

But he got Clinton shade for days, she all bad somehow

:lol: so you don't dispute what I've said about Rand? Awesome! The three things you just paraphrased me on are true. Have I supported his flat tax policy; no. His pro life policy; no. His gun control policy; no.

Clinton deserves the shade. She's as bought as it gets, and her foreign policy positions are atrocious. Of course she better than Rand on multiple fronts.

Criminal justice reform but mean sprinkles to you, but it's my number one topic this election cycle, as I've stated a hundred times on here.

Last edited:
Just my observations...

There's nothing wrong with addressing Bernie's failings as a candidate and making sure that people recognize them

But I also don't see the benefit in being overly critical against him just to balance out with the heat that HIllary receives

The "Bernie can't win" narrative is strong enough already without his own supporters trying to cut him down to size

:lol: so you don't dispute what I've said about Rand? Awesome! The three things you just paraphrased me on are true. Have I supported his flat tax policy; no. His pro life policy; no. His gun control policy; no.

Clinton deserves the shade. She's as bought as it gets, and her foreign policy positions are atrocious. Of course she better than Rand on multiple fronts.

Criminal justice reform but mean sprinkles to you, but it's my number one topic this election cycle, as I've stated a hundred times on here.

Bull ******* ****.

Miss me with that nonsense.

You're no gonna convince a single person, in this thread, and on NT, you care more about that issue that me.

Matter of fact, I would love to here from any other the other brahs in here that honestly believe that steez :lol:

-If you were soooooooo concern. Why was I the one that had to point out to you that Clinton, the front runner, had put a criminal justice reform proposal

LINK .

If it was your main issue, won't you be informed about it. Hmmmmm

And like I said, Rand takes the traditional liberation stance on the "police state". Lets she how he reacted when they flexed on a black man

OH LOOK, A conservative, "where are the fathers"' argument And deflecting on the race issue

As opposed to Clinton. Calling out the racial element. LINK

But yep, he got beat on that :rolleyes

---------

And bravo to Rand.

Blacks get funneled into prison at lower rate under Rand.

Only to be economic oppressed at a higher rate on the outside.
---------

Last edited:
Just my observations...

There's nothing wrong with addressing Bernie's failings as a candidate and making sure that people recognize them

But I also don't see the benefit in being overly critical against him just to balance out with the heat that HIllary receives

The "Bernie can't win" narrative is strong enough already without his own supporters trying to cut him down to size

I'm not doing it to balance it out though

I hold him to a different standard than Clinton. That's why I support him, and that criticize him

Plus, I'm more critical of his supporters and campaign that Bernie himself. Unlike the Hillary shade

Last edited:
Just realized that Bernie is the first non-Christian to ever win delegates in a US presidential primary ever 
pimp.gif

So glad Jeb isnt a factor in the race. Cant believe Hillary is on the road to getting the nomination. How in a nation of over 300 Million people is it that we essentially let two families take turns at running the country?
Michelle Obama 2024 FTW!!

Pat Toomey just endorsed Rubio, not a good look for PA w/ him for re-election and almost a shoe-in since people don't care about local politics

I think the turd he was talking about that just has sprinkles on it is Rand Paul not the idea of criminal justice reform.

Famb really implied he care more about criminal justice reform than me :lol:

No way I'm gonna let that nonsense slide

Man shut the **** up . You're the one talking about, "still sprinkles on a turd", effectively diminishing the subjects importance. I just called you on it.

You didn't call me out on anything. You just didn't understand the metaphor

Rand Paul is a turd, most if his policies are ****, him as a potential president is ****. The sprinkles are the only good parts. You're trying to make him look good by mentioning the good parts.

The amount of running my mouth I do about systemic racism on NT. You really think I would call it a turd.

You entire position is based on you not understanding one line.

Fall in line Rusty :tongue:

La revolucion!

Still don't know where this comes from,who is actually telling folks to fall in line though? :lol:

Everyone's entitled to their opinion/beliefs.

I said that one time and I was joking with Ole boy

Even now Dubya is probably making light of it.

And if you want to hear "fall in line talk" go to your local Bernie Sanders event and hear some of the slick talk that come outta people's mouths

At this point, in my real life, being yelled at by a conservative, looks better than being talk down to by yet another Bernie supporter.

Last edited:

Famb really implied he care more about criminal justice reform than me
laugh.gif

No way I'm gonna let that nonsense slide
Man shut the **** up . You're the one talking about, "still sprinkles on a turd", effectively diminishing the subjects importance. I just called you on it.
You didn't call me out on anything. You just didn't understand the metaphor

Rand Paul is a turd, most if his policies are ****, him as a potential president is ****. The sprinkles are the only good parts. You're trying to make him look good by mentioning the good parts.

The amount of running my mouth I do about systemic racism on NT. You really think I would call it a turd.

You entire position is based on you not understanding one line.
Time for facts. Post legitimate proof that Rand is a racist. Not playing connect-the-dots about where he's from and some of the people who share his economic views. Sounds like you're reaching, and your speculation is the turd.

EDIT: And his father is not proof, either (you had implied in a previous post you were referring to him, too). So don't even try to drag him into this.

Last edited:
Still don't know where this comes from,who is actually telling folks to fall in line though? :lol:

I'm just playing around as far as our own thread is concerned. Well at least if your views aren't to the right at all. Then we have the SWS implications to watch out for.

But i have come across sanders fans lecturing minorities on the internet. Some feel that minorities are voting against their own interests out of ignorance. That bernie would be much better for minorities and they don't get it and are ruining it for the more... how shall i put it... " educated voters"

Last edited:

Still don't know where this comes from,who is actually telling folks to fall in line though?
laugh.gif

I'm just playing around as far as our own thread is concerned.

But i have come across sanders fans lecturing minorities on the internet. Some feel that minorities are voting against their own interests out of ignorance. That bernie would be much better for minorities and they don't get it and are ruining it for the more... how shall i put it... " educated voters"
Exactly this as well as IRL in some instances.

In the page in this thread http://niketalk.com/t/633507/why-do-black-lives-matter-activists-hate-bernie-sanders/180 I made three comments that summed up how I felt about some Bernie supporters and "progressives" in general. I'll put my comments from that page in the spoiler below. 

Man i gotta stay off of facebook, comment sections, and reddit and stuff 
mean.gif

I like Bernie Sanders and am considering voting for him but some of Sanders supporters are condescending and racial tone deaf, some of these white "progressives" are just as racist as what a old white conservative can be 
mean.gif

The most annoying thing is think they what they say cant be considered racist because they consider themselves "progressive".  But based off of what they say they only care about certain progressive issues mostly economics, (which I actually agree with Sanders on) but whenever it comes to racial issues they always talk about it like its disrupting their day or their rally and it bothers them, and they then link me the article to Sanders racial justice page on his website (that was added a few days ago) like I haven't read it and then link the article where he hired Symone Sanders and its always the most condescending thing ever like "LOOK HE HIRED A BLACK GIRL CAN WE STOP TALKING ABOUT RACIAL INEQUALITY NOW AND KEEP TALKING ABOUT ECONOMICS?!" 
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
 Next time i'm just gonna respond by saying "I'm sorry some people talking about racial inequality ruined your afternoon...if only it didn't ruin some peoples lives" 

I'm gonna end my rant now 
laugh.gif

one more mini rant about something thats been bothering me with this people

I don't care that Sanders got a 100% approval rating form the NAACP, the NAACP also gave awards to Kid Rock and Donald Sterling 
laugh.gif

Like do they really think because some black people said "Yeah this guys cool" Im supposed to just fall in line and accept that  FOHWTBS, I can come to my on conclusion on who I want to vote.

For some of these people to think that my reasoning for voting for Sanders should be because some black people are cool with him (which i don't have a problem with because like i've said i like they guy) and the NAACP said he's cool just screams that they have the idea that all black people think alike and I should be happy with the fact that he's acknowledged black peoples issues before and now again...even though they themselves probably never have
laugh.gif
mean.gif

I really needed to get that off my chest 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Exactly this as well as IRL in some instances.

In the page in this thread http://niketalk.com/t/633507/why-do-black-lives-matter-activists-hate-bernie-sanders/180 I made three comments that summed up how I felt about some Bernie supporters and "progressives" in general. I'll put my comments from that page in the spoiler below. 

Yeah, a lot of white progressives are racially tone deaf. They're what I call "unintentional racists". I don't think they have malice in their heart, they're just ignorant to how people perceive their comments. Kinda like the really nice, liberal girl at my job who occasionally calls things "ghetto". [emoji]128533[/emoji]

With that's said, in my personal experience a lot of older blacks (45+) are incredibly ignorant when it comes to politics. Unfortunately, a lot of " barbershop logic" floats around our communities and it's especially damaging because we don't take these liberal politicians to task about how they're going to help our communities (Rahm Emmanuel?).

White progressives lecturing black folk is always a path for failure. However, younger blacks lecturing their elders is probably a better path. I've had to lecture my own parents about how locking people up for weed is stupid and contributes to the rampant unemployment and unnecessary police encounters in our community.

Also, this post isn't specific to this race. Their were black people out there who didn't want to vote for Obama until he won Iowa, then everybody hopped on the bandwagon.

Back
Top Bottom