***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Was Rahm ever liberal? I've read stories about him and it seems like he is far from liberal or progressive. He's just a corrupt bully that bullied his way to the top.

The key term is IGNORANCE. That is more detrimental to progress than anything. Some people also don't know how to have a conversation with someone but instead only knows how to "lecture" or have a "I talk, you listen" mindset. It's never about engaging, but always about the assumption of "I know more than you". Open and dialogue on both sides will help.

White progressives lecturing black folk is always a path for failure. However, younger blacks lecturing their elders is probably a better path. I've had to lecture my own parents about how locking people up for weed is stupid and contributes to the rampant unemployment and unnecessary police encounters in our community.

This is true, but the older cats gotta be open to listening. More years on earth don't give you experience you've never really learned anything in those years. Pride and ignorance will not allow the paths to be forged the way they need to be.

Last edited:

Famb really implied he care more about criminal justice reform than me :lol:

No way I'm gonna let that nonsense slide

Man shut the **** up . You're the one talking about, "still sprinkles on a turd", effectively diminishing the subjects importance. I just called you on it.

You didn't call me out on anything. You just didn't understand the metaphor

Rand Paul is a turd, most if his policies are ****, him as a potential president is ****. The sprinkles are the only good parts. You're trying to make him look good by mentioning the good parts.

The amount of running my mouth I do about systemic racism on NT. You really think I would call it a turd.

You entire position is based on you not understanding one line.
Time for facts. Post legitimate proof that Rand is a racist. Not playing connect-the-dots about where he's from and some of the people who share his economic views. Sounds like you're reaching, and your speculation is the turd.

EDIT: And his father is not proof, either (you had implied in a previous post you were referring to him, too). So don't even try to drag him into this.

Did I call Rand a racist, or said his policies would put white supremacy into over drive and his legacy is covered in racism?

So I wouldn't even bring up his dad, who he has taken pretty much all his ideological views from, because on the issue of race, it might be different.

OK.

Here is summary. Ok his questionable past. LINK

How about his comments that the government should be involved in fighting racism in the private sector? and criticizing the Critical of Civil Rights Act, and fair Housing Act for overreaching in that area.

I know plenty of Libertarians that don't believe that.

And if he is so principled, why did they walk back those statements. Kinda like he realize how bad they sound, hmmm. LINK

He has had to fire two of his aides for acts of explicit racism. I won't put that on him, except one of them is his friend, and right wing shock jock, which he wrote a book with. LINK

Or that add to the fact he was one of the highest profile members of the Tea Party, a group that got there start in Washington by holding "protest" in DC, where they would scream and chant racist thing about the president. I don't knock him for those people's words, but I knock him for aligning him with a group like that.

-------And lets look as his criminal justice reform stance. Which I think should be discounted because it is generally something most libertarians push. But still, lets give him a sprinkle for that

Demilitarizing the police over seems to the major thing for him in that area. He gives support to bipartisan legislation on criminal justice reform that would help minority groups but he is in no way outreach crusading for it. He takes a fairly traditional libertarian stance on it

Oppression on black folk take many forms, he seems mainly interested in parts of the problem.

And another thing;

Lets touch on how suspect it looks for him to be calling for the weakening of the only major institution that guaranteed minority communities , especially blacks, civil right and equal treatment in many areas, the federal government. While ignoring that Clinton's Criminal Justice Bill, the thing he supports undoing the damage of, as wrecked such havoc because "government" got smaller which allowed private and local racist interest to flourish.

But he will argue in favor of those local and private interest being able to do what they want without federal intervention, in his next breathe.

When looking at criminal justice reform, that stance looks extremely hypocritical.

---------

So yeah, he loves to say "things aren't about race' because that detracts from the fact that he has been cozy with a lot of racist idea and people over his political career.

But like I told another dude when he ask me a similar question about Trump. I have no hard evidence of Rand doing something explicitly racist, but I can look at his record, call him out for things he has done that are extremely suspect, and not be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

My opinion about Rand Paul has been fully formed based on his own action, no one else.

Because you know, people who truly aren't racist, tend to not do/say/be around things that are.

But if you wanna cape for dude, go right ahead papi

Last edited:

Famb really implied he care more about criminal justice reform than me
laugh.gif

Man shut the **** up . You're the one talking about, "still sprinkles on a turd", effectively diminishing the subjects importance. I just called you on it.

Rand Paul is a turd, most if his policies are ****, him as a potential president is ****. The sprinkles are the only good parts. You're trying to make him look good by mentioning the good parts.

The amount of running my mouth I do about systemic racism on NT. You really think I would call it a turd.

Time for facts. Post legitimate proof that Rand is a racist. Not playing connect-the-dots about where he's from and some of the people who share his economic views. Sounds like you're reaching, and your speculation is the turd.

EDIT: And his father is not proof, either (you had implied in a previous post you were referring to him, too). So don't even try to drag him into this.
Did I call Rand a racist, or said his policies would put white supremacy into over drive and his legacy is covered in racism?

So I wouldn't even bring up his dad, who he has taken pretty much all his ideological views from, because on the issue of race, it might be different.

OK.

How about his comments that the government should be involved in fighting racism in the private sector? and criticizing the Critical of Civil Rights Act, and fair Housing Act for overreaching in that area.

And if he is so principled, why did they walk back those statements. Kinda like he realize how bad they sound, hmmm. LINK

He has had to fire two of his aides for acts of explicit racism. I won't put that on him, except one of them is his friend, and right wing shock jock, which he wrote a book with. LINK

Or that add to the fact he was one of the highest profile members of the Tea Party, a group that got there start in Washington by holding "protest" in DC, where they would scream and chant racist thing about the president. I don't knock him for those people's words, but I knock him for aligning him with a group like that.
And lets look as his criminal justice reform stance. Which I think should be discounted because it is generally something most libertarians push. But still, lets give him a sprinkle for that

Demilitarizing the police over seems to the major thing for him in that area. He gives support to bipartisan legislation on criminal justice reform that would help minority groups but he is in no way outreach crusading for it. He takes a fairly traditional libertarian stance on it

Oppression on black folk take many forms, he seems mainly interested in parts of the problem.

And another thing;

Lets touch on how suspect it looks for him to be calling for the weakening of the only major institution that guaranteed minority communities , especially blacks, civil right and equal treatment in many areas, the federal government. While ignoring that Clinton's Criminal Justice Bill, the thing he supports undoing the damage of, as wrecked such havoc because "government" got smaller which allowed private and local racist interest to flourish.

But he will argue in favor of those local and private interest being able to do what they want without federal intervention, in his next breathe.

When looking at criminal justice reform, that stance looks extremely hypocritical.
So yeah, he loves to say "things aren't about race' because that detracts from the fact that he has been cozy with a lot of racist idea and people over his political career.

But like I told another dude when he ask me a similar question about Trump. I have no hard evidence of Rand doing something explicitly racist, but I can look at his record, call him out for things he has done that are extremely suspect, and not be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

My opinion about Rand Paul has been fully formed based on his own action, no one else.

Because you know, people who truly aren't racist, tend to not do/say/be around things that are.

Thank you for posting concrete examples supporting your side. With those in mind, I get where you're coming from. I still don't believe that Rand is a racist, but he does himself no good by dying on the hill of "I support everything related to the 1st Amendment, no matter how bad it makes me look." He does understand it looks extremely bad, which is why he is hesitant to say it, but he is too committed to that ideal to not go ahead and blurt it out anyway.

He's saying "any private business that has no public funding can do whatever they want (any topic) because it's private property," and that makes sense from a black-and-white view of freedom libertarians are known for, but even the possibility of racist businesses returning is bad, no matter how you look at it. He suggests that normal people just ignore the racists and don't support them with your business, and while I agree that those businesses would have a hard time surviving financially in the modern era, the possibility of them hanging around is not a risk I would want to take.

I agree with you and believe that anything not allowed by the Civil Rights Act, as well as other local and federal laws, should still be a punishable offense, despite the fact that it's private property. I believe in personal freedoms, but I also believe that we, as a country and society, have laws that are supposed to apply to (and protect) everyone. This is the balancing act between liberty and equality.

I also agree that if the government was reformed to a Libertarian's dream, there would be fewer governmental regulations in place to keep racists in check. But just because someone has Libertarian views doesn't make them a racist. That certainly is one of the weaker aspects of the ideology, and is IMO an unintended, unfortunate consequence of an otherwise good idea. Which is why those championing limited government need to keep it in mind.

Last edited:

Famb really implied he care more about criminal justice reform than me :lol:

OK.

[rule]
And lets look as his criminal justice reform stance. Which I think should be discounted because it is generally something most libertarians push. But still, lets give him a sprinkle for that

And another thing;

[rule]

Thank you for posting concrete examples supporting your side. With those in mind, I get where you're coming from. I still don't believe that Rand is a racist, but he does himself no good by dying on the hill of "I support everything related to the 1st Amendment, no matter how bad it makes me look." He does understand it looks extremely bad, which is why he is hesitant to say it, but he is too committed to that ideal to not go ahead and blurt it out anyway.

He's saying "any private business that has no public funding can do whatever they want (any topic) because it's private property," and that makes sense from a black-and-white view of freedom libertarians are known for, but even the possibility of racist businesses returning is bad, no matter how you look at it. He suggests that normal people just ignore the racists and don't support them with your business, and while I agree that those businesses would have a hard time surviving financially in the modern era, the possibility of them hanging around is not a risk I would want to take.

I agree with you and believe that anything not allowed by the Civil Rights Act, as well as other local and federal laws, should still be a punishable offense, despite the fact that it's private property. I believe in personal freedoms, but I also believe that we, as a country and society, have laws that are supposed to apply to (and protect) everyone. This is the balancing act between liberty and equality.

I also agree that if the government was reformed to a Libertarian's dream, there would be fewer governmental regulations in place to keep racists in check. But just because someone has Libertarian views doesn't make them a racist. That certainly is one of the weaker aspects of the ideology, and is IMO an unintended, unfortunate consequence of an otherwise good idea. Which is why those championing limited government need to keep it in mind.

-Once again i never called Paul himself a racist

-I never said being libertarian makes someone a racist.

But people how are libertarian must stop and think "Why are so many racist people attracted to libertarianism"

-IMO, the are plenty of bad ideas within the modern liberation movement. Especially with their economics.

Last edited:
Debate is on in case ppl didn't know

Hillary just said she can't be part of the establishment because she is a woman. Ugh she is so ******* annoying.

I might disagree with bernie and stuff but at least he is real. Anazing to me people pretend like she isn't a hawk as well. Doesn't even come up.

Last edited:
do the candidates have a flat screen monitor built into the podium that their people in the back can feed answers into?

i assume mics? but hil dog be lookin down a lot, wondering if just notes

Last edited:
Besides her voice, and who she takes donations from. I would love to hear some of you brahs explain in detail what of her policies proposals are so horrid

I would honestly love to hear that

Last edited:
She's sides with Neo-cons more often than not on foreign policy for one :lol:

Last edited:
She's flip flopped on a good amount of more important issues of the last decade

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom