***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Iraq, TPP, Private prisons, Minimum wage raise, Marriage equality,Keystone etc. She's been like 50/50 when it comes to some of the defining issues recently. I'll take the guy who's on the progressive side of history more often than not. Just my opinion

Last edited:
Iraq, TPP, Private prisons, Minimum wage raise, Marriage equality,Keystone etc. She's been like 50/50 when it comes to some of the defining issues recently. I'll take the guy who's on the right side of history more often than not.

You're deflecting

Which ones her policy proposals do you dislike?

Iraq, TPP, Private prisons, Minimum wage raise, Marriage equality,Keystone etc. She's been like 50/50 when it comes to some of the defining issues recently. I'll take the guy who's on the right side of history more often than not.

You're deflecting

I was addressing her history,she's obviously switched positions in time for the election

You're deflecting

I was addressing her history,she's obviously switched positions in time for the election

That is not the question I asked though

Last edited:

You're deflecting

That is not the question I asked though?

I agree with a lot off current stances as she's had to go a lot more to the left to really step up her progressive pitch. You just have to wonder though if she'd have the same positions if she was up against someone like Biden instead of the Bern,I'd say she'd be more near the centre and "moderate" as she's said herself and has been in the past. Just siding with the more consistent guy historically

Last edited:

You're deflecting

I agree with a lot off current stances as she's had to go a lot more to the left to really step up her progressive pitch. You just have to wonder though if she'd have the same positions if she was up against someone like Biden instead of the Bern,I'd say she'd be more near the centre and "moderate" as she's said herself and has been in the past. Just siding with the more consistent guy historically

He has been so consistent because he has never been part of a political party had for that fact never had to compromise. He could vote against bills based on principle

You asked me yesterday to look as the realities of politics and running a campaign, then you should to the same for governing

Look at how much Bernie has walked back his Obama criticism since running, how he modifies his stances when cornered. He would had to adjust his strategy against Biden as well brah

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] Trump on CNN, he's such a buffoon.

You're deflecting

He has been so consistent because he has never been part of a political party had for that fact never had to compromise. He could vote against bills based on principle

You asked me yesterday to look as the realities of politics and running a campaign, then you should to the same for governing

Look at how much Bernie has walked back his Obama criticism since running, how he modifies his stances when cornered. He would had to adjust his strategy against Biden as well brah

That's not necessarily the worst thing imo *shrugs* :lol:.

He's compromised before given the fact that he's had vast experience working together with both parties.

Already being a long shot,it's only pragmatic to tone down some of the more divisive rhetoric and stances on the Democrats he's had since he's running for their nomination. Him going up against a former member of the Obama administration is a slippery slope. Can't go too hard with the criticism without seriously harming your chances for the nomination. Let's face it,why would it be in his interest to go super hard at a popular president coming of b2b terms? :lol:

Last edited:
Hillary's record on mass incarceration alone is why I don't like her.

Yeah, I know she recently changed her mind about what her husband did in the 90s, but she still doesn't support ending the war on drugs and up until October took money from the private prison industry.

Personality issues aside, that's why I don't like her. And as a black male, the mass incarceration and war on drugs are one of the biggest contributors to the broken state of our communities.

Hillary's record on mass incarceration alone is why I don't like her.

Yeah, I know she recently changed her mind about what her husband did in the 90s, but she still doesn't support ending the war on drugs and up until October took money from the private prison industry.

Personality issues aside, that's why I don't like her. And as a black male, the mass incarceration and war on drugs are one of the biggest contributors to the broken state of our communities.

You know Bernie vote in favor of the bill right? After delivering a speak on the House floor saying it would hurt black communities

So what makes you not hate Bernie too?

Last edited:
You know Bernie vote in favor of the bill right? After delivering a speak on the House floor saying it would hurt black communities

What makes you not hate Bernie too then?

But lets talk about RIGHT now. Does she support legalization of marijuana? No. Does she support stopping the war on drugs? No. Did she receive money from private prisons in the past year? Yes.

Doesnt get any simpiler than that.

What makes you not hate Bernie too then?

But lets talk about RIGHT now. Does she support legalization of marijuana? No. Does she support stopping the war on drugs? No. Did she receive money from private prisons in the past year? Yes.

Doesnt get any simpiler than that.

You're deflecting famb

YOU, not me, specifically sighted the 1990s violent Crime Control Act. You brought up the past, not me famb.

I asked you a straight forward question. Why does Bernie not hated for voting yes on a bill he knew would hurt the black community?

Because RIGHT NOW, Clinton has criminal justice reform on her plafrom. And she put it there months before Bernie. Not even defending her record on the issue, just saying.

-I actually have defended Bernie on this issue before btw. But still, I want to hear your answer

Last edited:
You're deflecting famb

YOU, not me, specifically sighted the 1990s violent Crime Control Act. You brought up the past, not me famb.

I asked you a straight forward question. Why does Bernie not hated for voting yes on a bill he knew would hurt the black community?

Because RIGHT NOW, Clinton has criminal justice reform on her plafrom. And she put it there months before Bernie. Not even defending her record on the issue, just saying.

-I actually have defended Bernie on this issue before btw. But still, I want to hear your answer

No, you're deflecting. I never said I hated her. I stated why I don't like her.

Sanders vote on that was trash, but his speech showed he clearly had a through understanding of the ramifications of it, which also bothers me.

Why I don't hate him, because he has discussed heavily during the campaign the impact of the unfair criminal justice system in African Americans. Hillary has not. When asked about Marijuana during a recent debate she said, and I'm paraphrasing, "we should wait and see" regarding legalization. To me, that's a day late philosophy towards the issue.

Personally I don't smoke weed, so this isn't about my own personal vice. But I've been harassed, searched over it and I've watched it negatively affect people around me. I don't think you can really be serious about criminal justice reform if you're fine with Marijuana remaining a controlled substance.

-Ok, you said don't like, not hate. My bad

-How I'm I deflecting by asking you to answer my original question?

-And Hillary was talking about criminal justice reform before Bernie is this campaign cycle. That is a faaact

Bernie only added it to his platform, after BLM ran up on him the second time. And started courting the black vote heavy after he realized he needed it to win. I like the guy, but I see what he is doing.

He is was hustling backwards with black folk for the longest time.

-So I don't trust either of them equally on the issue.

But I have some hope both would do the right thing given the opportunity

-So Obama, who has worked as Civil Rights lawyer, and been calling for criminal justice reform for decades, is not serious about the issue either? He doesn't openly support the reclassification either brah

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom