***Official Political Discussion Thread***

giphy.gif

But no one on her campaign had engaged in such an extensive takedown until Sunday. Bill Clinton himself was significantly more restrained while campaigning last week in Iowa, according to Politico.

Clinton on Sunday also accused Sanders' supporters of being sexist and attacking his wife's backers online.

"[Those] who have gone online to defend Hillary and explain why they're supporting her have been subject to vicious trolling and attacks," Clinton said, calling the comments "profane" and "sexist."

Bill on thise message boards looking for young female supporters. Hit em up with the A/S/L

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/bill-clinton-bernie-sanders_us_56b7d00de4b04f9b57da0d2f?

Last edited:
But no one on her campaign had engaged in such an extensive takedown until Sunday. Bill Clinton himself was significantly more restrained while campaigning last week in Iowa, according to Politico.

Clinton on Sunday also accused Sanders' supporters of being sexist and attacking his wife's backers online.

"[Those] who have gone online to defend Hillary and explain why they're supporting her have been subject to vicious trolling and attacks," Clinton said, calling the comments "profane" and "sexist."

Bill on thise message boards looking for young female supporters. Hit em up with the A/S/L

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/bill-clinton-bernie-sanders_us_56b7d00de4b04f9b57da0d2f?

Sounds familiar...

This years "Bernie Bros" are yesteryear's "Obama Boys" it feels like

Edit* Seems like others are starting to notice some parallels between now and '08 as well
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...l-clinton-erupts-and-its-2008-all-over-again/

Last edited:

Sounds familiar...

This years "Bernie Bros" are yesteryear's "Obama Boys" it feels like

Edit* Seems like others are starting to notice some parallels between now and '08 as well
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...l-clinton-erupts-and-its-2008-all-over-again/

Nah, Bernie brahs are like Hillary supporters of 2008, imo. Racially tone deaf, asking folk to get in line, lashing out at people at don't support their policies. However, when comparing Bern Bros and the Obama squad, the sexism seems to be turned up a couple notches from 2008 Obama squad too.

2008 there was way more back and forth, and nasty stuff from both sides. Compared to 2008, Hillary supporters have been on much better behavior.

-And Bill's not lying doe, even Bernie and Bernie's campaign have acknowledged the problem.

Last edited:
Feminism vs Sexism in this case.

Hillary: "I'm a woman"

Bern Bros: "She's a woman"

Everyone else: "Whoa, they're talking about her gender, that's sexist.

More like:

Hillary: I'm a woman

Bern Bros: **** you dumb *****, you're using your vagina to pander to people

Everyone Else: You Bernie bros need to calm down

Bern Bros: **** you, you're part of the establishment, **** Clinton

And I'm not even exaggerating. LINK and LINK

This is not in people's imagination. And many months have I been harping on this very point about Bernie supporters doing him no favors

Denial is not the stance other Sanders supporters should be taking with this. Be like Bernie, repudiate these dudes

One thing I've noticed is that over here in Belgium there doesn't seem to be much positive reception towards any of the candidates.

I figured Clinton would be the clear favorite but most people seem rather indifferent to any of the candidates this election.

Back when Obama was running for president you'd think he was running for Belgium as well 
laugh.gif

There were Obama posters everywhere and when he won there were large celebrations all across the country.

My highschool had an afternoon dedicated to celebrating Obama's victory instead of classes the day he won.

Definitely not seeing that type of reaction to any of the candidates this year

Who are y'all rooting for? 

Last edited:
Trump is already on her payroll- he can be in charge of saying "You're fired!" 
roll.gif

Last edited:
One thing I've noticed is that over here in Belgium there doesn't seem to be much positive reception towards any of the candidates.
I figured Clinton would be the clear favorite but most people seem rather indifferent to any of the candidates this election.
Back when Obama was running for president you'd think he was running for Belgium as well :lol:
There were Obama posters everywhere and when he won there were large celebrations all across the country.
My highschool had an afternoon dedicated to celebrating Obama's victory instead of classes the day he won.
Definitely not seeing that type of reaction to any of the candidates this year

Who are y'all rooting for? 

youve been sharing your perspective a lot...interesting to hear. thanks duke

I expected a better and well oiled machine from the Clinton's after Obama washed them but I was mistaken. Her first call should've been to Axelrod when she decided to run. That guy knows how to run a campaign.

More like:

Hillary: I'm a woman

Bern Bros: **** you dumb *****, you're using your vagina to pander to people

Everyone Else: You Bernie bros need to calm down

Bern Bros: **** you, you're part of the establishment, **** Clinton

And I'm not even exaggerating. LINK and LINK

This is not in people's imagination. And many months have I been harping on this very point about Bernie supporters doing him no favors

Denial is not the stance other Sanders supporters should be taking with this. Be like Bernie, repudiate these dudes

:smh: definitely not a good look. Dudes think they're being a big help but being a huge disservice though

Bern came out and disavowed those making sexist comments saying those perpetrating that kind of "crap" shouldn't be supporting him. Just wanna point out that there's been sexism on the other side as well.

I'm still waiting on Hillary to respond to Madeline Albright literally saying there's a "special place in hell" for women who don't help women not so subtly implying that if you're a woman,you're doing a disservice to womanhood by not voting for her...

Also Gloria Steinem made some pretty questionable comments as well that she later had to walk back on on Bill Maher,basically saying that the only reason younger women seem to be supporting the Bern more is because they're just trying to get with "boys". Those 2 aren't just some anonymous "bros" making comments online,they're 2 high profile supporters in the public eye and Albright said that stuff right next to Hillary at a rally while Steinham was on national TV.

I can't get down with painting most of Berns supporters with a broad stroke and lumping a tiny percentage of losers with his grassroots support especially when Hillary at least gets that courtesy.

Last edited:
-Hillary supporters aren't outchea acting the fool at the same level as Bernie's supporters are. Pure Facts

Another thing I said months ago, whenever something regarding Sanders gets brought up, you instantly have to hear about "Well Clinton does........"

You can't claim to be the coalition of "true progressives", meaning that you're a better option, and when things like sexism, and racism come up, use the "Well Clinton (the so called moderate) does this too". That is tacitly acknowledgment that you're no better than the other side

It goes against the whole campaign messaging of "We're better than the other side........"

You're hustling backwards with your messaging

-----------

-Albirght and Steinem overstepped in their criticism, because they made it seem like these girl didn't care about politics, and they insulted their intelligence.

But let think about a where these feelings are coming from. Clinton, Albright, Steinem and even Schultz all lived in a time when women did not have the right to choose. Something many girls today take for granted. Some young women speak about feminism from like it is strictly about men having "privileges" over women. While older liberal women tend to focus on more systemic issues, and abortion rights.

Taking a flyer on Bernie because he is the hot wave angers these women, because it puts abortion rights at risk. If the GOP gets the presidency, SCOTUS might be securedly conservative for the next couple decades. That puts tons of civil rights in jeopardy.

And I'm sure plenty of other older liberals women feel that way. That fear that young women might be doing something that might result in bad happening down the line.

------------One of my major problems that have with A TON of Bernie supporters is that they are willing to alienate any and everyone to get their way. Obama didn't do that in 2008. At the end of the day Bernie needs many of the same people he throws shade at to get elected as president. Obama, the DNC, Bill and Hillary, NYT, Washington Post, liberal pundits, liberal billionaires, and veteran party members....... Or as Bernie brahs like to call them "the establishment"

Not only that, Bernie has non ZERO, NOTHING, ZILCH, for down ticket candidates. Nor has he courted other liberals to his cause.

If Bloomberg runs and gives moderate democrats, even some alienated liberals another option. Dems are ******.

Here is a nice article discussing the same thing. LINK

-In 2008 Obama ran and camping on inclusion, so it was easy for Hillary supporters to migrate towards him after a hard fought primary.

Bernie is trying to his "revolution" off the ground without forethought over what comes next. After he, his campaign, and his supporters have pissed off and alienated enough people they just expect them to what...................... just fall in line for the general :rolleyes

And that the core of my criticism to the Sanders campaign, forever hustling backwards, and they don't even see it.

Last edited:
From my perspective it seems like Bernie is burning bridges similar to Ted Cruz. It's great to fight the "establishment" but one thing about presidential campaigns is that you need the "establishment" to stump for you, to fundraise for you, and most importantly, serve as your attack dogs when you aren't comfortable saying certain things. IMO one of the most underrated aspects of Obama's 08 run was how much support he got from the Clintons after he won the nomination. I remember Bill giving fantastic stump speeches for him and fundraising on his behalf.

Bernie just doesn't seem like a team player. In all of his years in the senate how many times has he stumped for dems and supported them in any meaningful way? I know he was an independent but in his effort to start a revolution he seems to operate like a one man army.

Back
Top Bottom