***Official Political Discussion Thread***

it's very simple:

If a tree falls in the woods and no one hears it, does it make a sound?

Sound isnt predicated on anyone's hearing ability.. It happens

People will jump to grand conclusion when it could be a very innocent thing of him not seeing or knowing him then.. And he very well could have still been active, since I assume Lewis wouldn't have known every single person, but he knows damn well what he's doing and implying.. It's politics, it's part of the game

Last edited:
it's very simple:

If a tree falls in the woods and no one hears it, does it make a sound?

Sound isnt predicated on anyone's hearing ability.. It happens

People will jump to grand conclusion when it could be a very innocent thing of him not seeing or knowing him then.. And he very well could have still been active, since I assume Lewis wouldn't have known every single person, but he knows damn well what he's doing and implying.. It's politics, it's part of the game

Brah stop, you're only making yourself look bad at this point.

Lewis never said Bernie didn't put in work during the Civil Right Era,and no one in this thread took Lewis's word and made that assumption

However, you embarrassed yourself twice (technically three times). First posting a pic from 2014 thinking that was going to discredit Lewis

And when dudes pointed out that it didn't discredit Lewis, you doubled down on the buffoonery, and posted a fake pic. :lol:

You didn't add anything to the discussion except give a shinning example of how out much Bern brahs are getting outta hand.

So famb......

Last edited:
You realize that does not contradict old boy's statement

He said he didn't see him, not that he wasn't there

Unless you have a smoking gun to contradict that statement, you're really just grasping at straws

I'm inclined to believe famb is not being honest. But still

-And I hope for your sake, that pic is 100 percent legit

It's all a matter of interpretation. He says he didn't see him, people hear "He wasn't there, because I was involved heavily and never met him."

I don't even fully understand why Lewis' statement is supposed to be so damning

Because,

1.He's black
2. He was a key member that was invovled w/ the Civil Rights Movement
3. His claim could possibly finally spell bs as far as Berning claiming he was fighting in the Civil Rights movement as well, which would finally disprove to black voters that he's not in their corner but Hillary is.

But the fact remains he didn't attack Bernie's civil rights record

Using what you think people heard as a excuse to slander Lewis and spread fake pics is straight up ridiculous. Not saying you're doing it yourself famb

-Lets keep it all the way #1HUNNA. Bernie and some of his supporters are mad because they realize they need the black vote now desperately, and they feel Lewis's words hurt Bernie. So it is time to lash out, as usual

Last edited:
I'm not slandering what Lewis said, so I don't know if you were directing that at me. I'm just stating what I stated before, that it's a matter of interpretation and Bernie and his camp has to be on top of it if they want the ever so precious black vote. :lol:

Lewis's words did hurt Bernie when it's all said and done because to the naked eye (which a lot of people have) it would seem as if Bernie is lying about his involvement in the Civil Rights Movement, which has been a strong fact for him.

I have zero invested in the primaries.. As a Bahamian, I would love for a rational GOP candidate to come along.. That unfortunately doesn't exist amongst that group (and hasn't for about 20 years)

However, I was born and raised in politics.. My farther my whole life was in front life politics and I've had other family members directly involved

I spoke of my personal interaction with jeb bush (and his family earlier).. I know, personal, a ton of other current and former members of various portions of the US government

Politics is politics.. Personally, I'm libertarian (If I had to define myself along your various party lines and beliefs as they stand).. However, as someone who has actually sat down and ate a meal with the clintons and hung out with the man himself (Bill).. What indivuals are currently looking for in this election doesn't fit what Hillary and their team are doing

They messed up on the delivery of that message.. That's on them

It's clear John was talking about meeting Bernie during the Civil Rights movement. But he still played himself with that stupid comment.

1. They lived in different areas of the country. The Civil Rights movement wasn't 20 people and two events. It was a MOVEMENT all over the country. So saying you didn't meet somebody as a way to question if they participated is just dumb. Hell, I haven't met or seen everybody in the building I work in, doesn't mean they don't work at the same company.

2. To follow up with saying he met the Clinton's is confusing and that's where it starts to sound like he's on the payroll. So first he was talking about never seeing Bernie during the Civil Rights movement. Okay fine, probably true, but now what time period is he talking about meeting the Clintons? If you're still talking about the Civil Rights movement, that's a damn lie because in his own book he said he was never introduced to Bill until the early 90s. If he's talking about the present, then his comment is irrelevant because he's met Bernie in the present as well.

Fact is, the way his comments were made and the order they were made in, it was clear he was trying to cast doubt in Bernie's participation in the Civil Rights movement and boost Hillary's ratings in the black community. John Lewis is a hero, and nobody can EVER take that away from him, but what he said is just straight up ******...

*And no, before somebody even starts the pointless argument, my issue is NOT with him supporting Clinton, its about the disingenuous comments he made*

9th GOP debate tonight 
pimp.gif

Too bad it's at 3AM here, gonna have to wait until tomorrow to watch it.

This is so much more entertaining than Belgian politics 
laugh.gif

It's clear John was talking about meeting Bernie during the Civil Rights movement. But he still played himself with that stupid comment.

1. They lived in different areas of the country. The Civil Rights movement wasn't 20 people and two events. It was a MOVEMENT all over the country. So saying you didn't meet somebody as a way to question if they participated is just dumb. Hell, I haven't met or seen everybody in the building I work in, doesn't mean they don't work at the same company.

2. To follow up with saying he met the Clinton's is confusing and that's where it starts to sound like he's on the payroll. So first he was talking about never seeing Bernie during the Civil Rights movement. Okay fine, probably true, but now what time period is he talking about meeting the Clintons? If you're still talking about the Civil Rights movement, that's a damn lie because in his own book he said he was never introduced to Bill until the early 90s. If he's talking about the present, then his comment is irrelevant because he's met Bernie in the present as well.

Fact is, the way his comments were made and the order they were made in, it was clear he was trying to cast doubt in Bernie's participation in the Civil Rights movement and boost Hillary's ratings in the black community. John Lewis is a hero, and nobody can EVER take that away from him, but what he said is just straight up ******...

*And no, before somebody even starts the pointless argument, my issue is NOT with him supporting Clinton, its about the disingenuous comments he made*

Exactly.. He knew damn well what he was doing

It's stuff like that, that is why Bernie and trump are doing well.. The electorate is tired of politicians, they want candidates that they believe are sincere

It's stuff like that, that is why Bernie and trump are doing well.. The electorate is tired of politicians, they want candidates that they believe are sincere

So did you when you were posting those stupid pics. :lol:

I was simply posting the pictures because they are part of the ongoing discussion

I can't even vote in the US.. My posting of those pictures wasn't part of pushing any sort of agenda or showing a sign of support for any candidate

I want trump to win the GOP nomination so they are forced to change what they currently are and hopefully can become what I hope they can be

As a Bahamian and an attorney, the dems are bad for business.. But the GOP alienate the rest of the world

Last edited:
Literally, if I see anything interesting while messing around online at work or wherever.. I post it

Really is that simple

I'm really looking forward to tonight's debate. We're getting down to the nitty gritty.

Also, Carson's last stand! I hope he has a good showing.

I was simply posting the pictures because they are part of the ongoing discussion

I can't even vote in the US.. My posting of those pictures wasn't part of pushing any sort of agenda or showing a sign of support for any candidate

I want trump to win the GOP nomination so they are forced to change what they currently are and hopefully can become what I hope they can be

As a Bahamian and an attorney, the dems are bad for business.. But the GOP alienate the rest of the world

You're explicitly called Lewis a liar. When you posted the 2014 pic, then when people called you out for it, you didn't think it necessary to do better the next time?

You're an attorney, you have google, and you have common sense. Instead of spending the 2 mins to fat check what you were "adding" to the discussion, you just posted in.

Ok you're not a Sanders supporter, cool, you're not. You still tried to make Lewis look like a liar. And it backfired hard

Now you think these soliloquies somehow explain your goof, they don't :lol:

----------

Btw, Trump winning will just make the GOP worst. Trump campaign is built on bigotry and white supremacy. The republican establishment shows has no interest to turn moderate, they just don't wanna do full Tea Party because they know A) They can't be controlled B) They will not see the presidency for a long time

The GOP probably ain't had sense since Eisenhower. Nixon had some, but was still a scumbag

--------And growing up in the Caribbean myself, I would be more inclined to support a candidate that would be willing to increase help to the Caribbean.

But only if it helped, or dis proportionally helped lower class folk.

But I refuse to see minorities especially my people the United States (African Americans) suffer just so that my people in the Caribbean (West Indians) to be a little better well off. Especially if those Caribbean people are already well off. Nah, I ain't down for that

Last edited:
You're explicitly called Lewis a liar. When you posted the 2014 pic, then when people called you out for it, you didn't think it necessary to do better the next time?

I saw the snippet of what Lewis said when I was watching cnn for a couple mins during my lunch break.. Wasn't any grand context, just the brief snippet then talking heads

I scrolled through Twitter, saw the picture and posted it

And as far as the dems and the Caribbean, their over involvement with banking regulations and tax programs is what has a substantial impact on this region and elsewhere throughout the world.. Go research FATCA

However, as I mentioned numerous times the GOP need to reevaluate their whole platform in my opinion.. They should be the party of fiscal responsibility, opposition to over taxation, the freedom of the individual, freedom of the free market, opposition to big over involved government

Last edited:

I saw the snippet of what Lewis said when I was watching cnn for a couple mins during my lunch break.. Wasn't any grand context, just the brief snippet then talking heads

I scrolled through Twitter, saw the picture and posted it

And as far as the dems and the Caribbean, their over involvement with banking regulations and tax programs is what has a substantial impact on this region and elsewhere throughout the world.. Go research FATCA

However, as I mentioned numerous times the GOP need to reevaluate their whole platform in my opinion.. They should be the party of fiscal responsibility, opposition to over taxation, the freedom of the individual, freedom of the free market, opposition to big over involved government

And neoliberalism and has substantial impact on America

You don't live in America, you you don't have to live with the nonsense they do.

Plus your ignore the fact that tax evasion is a major problem in America, costing the country billions in tax revenue.

And Caribbean governments, and banks, love to encourage Americans in that behavior. So they, even this "sensible Republican" you dream of, will hopefully clamp down on this nonsense as well

Last edited:
I went to boarding school and college in Florida.. Own a house in Florida..

I go over to Florida every other month.. And live right in the Bahamas.. Dumb decisions made by your government signifigantly impacts my life

My fiancé also has American citzenship

Back
Top Bottom