***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I'm still amazed at someone saying"not much has changed" for black people in Ameica in the last couple centuries.

That's wild, man.

Last edited:
I'm still amazed at someone thing "not much has changed" for black people in Ameica in the last couple centuries.

That's wild, man.
Blacks are still getting lynched by agents of the state, still overwhelmingly live in poverty, and segregated ghettos, unemployment rates higher than others etc. I don't see how it's so hard to see this.

Blacks are still getting lynched by agents of the state, still overwhelmingly live in poverty, and segregated ghettos, unemployment rates higher than others etc. I don't see how it's so hard to see this.

He ain't lying about that. I'm not touching his other statement. :lol:

I bet if we asked Timid's grandparents if they'd like to go back in time to the Jim Crow era they'd quickly start talking about how much better things are now.

I'm still amazed at someone thing "not much has changed" for black people in Ameica in the last couple centuries.

That's wild, man.

No one is debating this though. No one

You have constructed so many strawmen, you can't keep track

I bet if we asked Timid's grandparents if they'd like to go back in time to the Jim Crow era they'd quickly start talking about how much better things are now.
My grandmother still basically lives in Jim Crow, she was arrested not too long ago in VA for getting in an argument with a racist employee at Walmart who was disrespectful to her. Mind you she's 86 and can't harm a fly.

Call me crazy but to me and my family not much has changed. I stand by that comment [emoji]9996[/emoji]️️[emoji]9996[/emoji]️️[emoji]9996[/emoji]️️

That's wild, man.

No one is debating this though. No one

You have constructed so many strawmen, you can't keep track
Timid is just ranting by this point.

They killed every effective leader before they could accomplish their goals which essentially halted progress and allowed them to hand the reigns to those THEY saw fit. Our people got terrorized into being pacified.

Last edited:
What does have to do with the fact the current period is better than living under Jim Crow.

No one is saying things are 100% wavy now. Not a single person

And regarding the Civil Rights Era. Tons of black people tried to make things better in many different ways. Many black leaders chose the public policy path, he chose the social democracy and actively voting path.

So people that want to go down the same path in 2017 is hardly what I would call pacified

Last edited:
So how does that equate to not using your right to vote?
Yes all that bad **** happened, but you really not gonna vote just because you felt like your ancestors been wronged?
Did the people that marched for minorities' rights to vote were all for naught?
That's where you lost me pal.

Saying not much has changed is totally different than saying we're living in Jim Crow though, although Michelle Alexander says we're living in the New Jim Crow. I still don't see what's wrong with what I said when there's scholars who,argue not much has changed. We've had progress but we still have a long way to go. That's all I was trying to say. It's like dudes constantly look for so called hot takes from me in order to clown me and make corny jokes about my alcoholism. That ain't cool at all. I'm out of here though I don't appreciate the slander about my mental health issue ( alcoholism is a mental health issue). Just because you don't agree with me doesn't mean I'm drunk on MD 20/20 or Hennessy, and it doesn't give you a right to make a joke about something that I battle on a daily basis. Alcoholism really is not a joke. I'm really out of here this time [emoji]9996[/emoji]️️

Last edited:
some of the glass half empty attitudes are just as destructive as the hoods of the world. people love to mope and talk about futility and in effect all they're doing is making it easier for racists with an agenda to get their way.

this country has made a ton of progress through the sacrifices of those who came before us.

voting is but one tool among many. when you're dealing with something as difficult and complex as racism and socioeconomic inequalities, you use every tool you have. and voting is the easiest of all of them.

edit: tebow, not having read all the recent posts in this thread, I agree on the alcoholism. best of luck fighting it. we all have our demons and we gotta support each other. that said, everyone's still free to **** on your political opinions :tongue:

Last edited:

They killed every effective leader before they could accomplish their goals which essentially halted progress and allowed them to hand the reigns to those THEY saw fit. Our people got terrorized into being pacified.

I agree, but also think the large withdrawal from political activism was apart of that pacifism.

man, some of these glass half empty people are just as destructive as the hoods of the world. people love to mope and talk about futility and in effect all they're doing is making it easier for racists with an agenda to get their way.

this country has made a ton of progress through the sacrifices of those who came before us.

unless you're already 75 or something, you have no right to have a defeatist attitude.

as i said last year in here, voting is but one tool among many. when you're dealing with something as difficult and complex as racism and socioeconomic inequalities, you use every tool you have. and voting is the easiest of all of them.
PREACH

I agree, but also think the large withdrawal from political activism was apart of that pacifism.

Especially when white supremacist try their hardest to prevent black people from voting, and celebrate when black voter participation is down.

Our Bigot President openly thanked black people for not voting

Yeah if you think about it, we saw a lot of progress when we were out there in the political landscape, active and feared by the establishment to the point they took us out by labeling us terrorists. You need to have political motivations to be labeled that. War is fought on many fronts.

The white supremacists embedded in all facets of society understand that. Knowing that I can't rock with the woe is me mentality when it comes to one particular front, politics. Yo *** keep getting whipped means your strategy wrong or you're not fighting hard enough.

Last edited:
Of all the Civil Rights Era legislation that was passed, few have been under constant attack more than the Voting Rights Act.

It was a damn career long mission for Justice Roberts

Last edited:
Idk why white supremacists spend so much time and effort suppressing our votes. Don't they know they're worthless?

Reactions: HIM
I don't like the bashing of people who don't vote. Black folk have been voting for centuries and not much has changed in this country for us. Progress has been slow. My brothers in sisters in Bmore have been living in crime filled neighborhoods in a city with mostly black elected officials. It's deeper than voting.

As your reference to Baltimore alludes to, albeit probably unintentionally, it's also deeper than race...

Last edited:
Last edited:
I STRONGLY encourage everyone to watch this documentary from 2015.

It gives a high level view of Black America and politics etc since MLK. The very relevant parts to this discussion that took place in this thread the other day starts at the 54:00 min mark....and ends around the 1:38:00 minute mark.

Give it a watch man. Some stuff I'm sure most of us already know and have touched on....but it's well done and clear. Great stuff....very informative

Back
Top Bottom