***Official Political Discussion Thread***

So Kathy Griffin caught the fade from CNN....stupid comic thought she was teflon like Da Don...STOOOOOOPID

I know we do a lot of ******** on Trump and his defenders in here, but...

Fickle swing voters can be convinced to vote Dem again, the Alt-Right can be beaten can and take enough Ls that their votes will be suppressed. We can enfranchise minority voters and appeal to enough rural voters to swing elections. Those areas are important and things the left seem to be focusing on, which is good.

But what gets ignored in white evangelicals. These people are the real foundation of the GOP. Barry Goldwater of all people were right, these people are a cancer to American progress and to what has driven the right so crazy. They don't care what the GOP does as long as they attack abortion rights, homosexuals, and keep minorities in their place. They voted for someone that was seemingly an affront to everything they stand for just because they could not handle the possibility of 4 more years of social liberalism.

And these people are in every level of the political structure. They are Senators, congressmen, lobbyist, sheriffs, local bureaucrats, state legislators, they control your local school board. Bernie Sanders is absolute right when he says that people need to wake up and get involved wherever they can. Evangelicals learned this lesson in the 1980s and been winning ever since.

So the left doesn't need a left wing Tea Party, it needs a left wing equivalent to White Evangelicals. It doesn't have to be religious, but what is has to be is a movement that is focus and committed to drag the entire country into the future, the same why white evangelicals try to drag the country back to the 1950s. Vote in every election you can, grab power no matter how small wherever you can.

Don't look for the fix in 2 or 4 years. Fight for a decade, beat back your opposition at every turn. In municipals election all the way to primaries and you will see progress.

Because white evangelicals will not stop, these people act like extending economic rights to any groups besides them is theft, and any sort of social progressive for a minority group change is oppression.

The left gotta start acting real Jesus like to these people. But not the Jesus that says turn the other cheek, but the Jesus that ran up in the temple flipping tables on fools.

Last edited:

Fickle swing voters can be convinced to vote Dem again, the Alt-Right can be beaten can and take enough Ls that their votes will be suppressed. We can enfranchise minority voters and appeal to enough rural voters to swing elections. Those areas are important and things the left seem to be focusing on, which is good.

But what gets ignored in white evangelicals. These people are the real foundation of the GOP. Barry Goldwater of all people were right, these people are a cancer to American progress and to what has driven the right so crazy. They don't care what the GOP does as long as they attack abortion rights, homosexuals, and keep minorities in their place. They voted for someone that was seemingly an affront to everything they stand for just because they could not handle the possibility of 4 more years of social liberalism.

And these people are in every level of the political structure. They are Senators, congressmen, lobbyist, sheriffs, local bureaucrats, state legislators, they control your local school board. Bernie Sanders is absolute right when he says that people need to wake up and get involved wherever they can. Evangelicals learned this lesson in the 1980s and been winning ever since.

So the left doesn't need a left wing Tea Party, it needs a left wing equivalent to White Evangelicals. It doesn't have to be religious, but what is has to be is a movement that is focus and committed to drag the entire country into the future, the same why white evangelicals try to drag the country back to the 1950s. Vote in every election you can, grab power no matter how small wherever you can.

Don't look for the fix in 2 or 4 years. Fight for a decade, beat back your opposition at every turn. In municipals election all the way to primaries and you will see progress.

Because white evangelicals will not stop, these people act like extending economic rights to any groups besides them is theft, and any sort of social progressive for a minority group change is oppression.

The left gotta start acting real Jesus like to these people. But not the Jesus that says turn the other cheek, but the Jesus that ran up in the temple flipping tables on fools.

The realist ish I've read so far in here... 1000% the truth right here... Salute..

And the funny thing is that these so called Evangelist supposed to follow the word of Jesus and they hate everyone and everything that is different from them... Total contradiction...:smh:

Does anyone in this administration understand "optics"?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...f64b4fe2dfc_story.html?utm_term=.2e972c623086
(long article, see link for rest of article and more context)
Trump administration moves to return Russian compounds in Maryland and New York

Two luxury retreats, in Centreville, Md., and Oyster Bay, N.Y., where Russian diplomats have gone for decades to play tennis, sail and swim, were shut down by the Obama administration in retaliation for Moscow’s alleged hacking in the presidential election.

The Trump administration is moving toward handing back to Russia two diplomatic compounds, near New York City and on Maryland’s Eastern Shore, from which its officials were ejected in late December as punishment for Moscow’s interference in the 2016 presidential election.

Last edited:

Breaking kayfabe for a minute. So much truth RUSTY. I can tell you guys from first hand experience that White Evangelicals only Care about two issues and will vehemently support any candidate that tells them what they want to hear no matter how deplorable that person is. Many of you don't know this about me but I attend a predominantly White Evangelical church. During the GWB years everyone (minus the people of color) were beyond HYPED about the country and GWB. The pastor justified Iraq, the downward economy and everything when GWB was in office. He would use code phrases like "vote your conscience". When Obama was in office the only people that were happy were the church goers of color. Fast Forward to the 2016 election season and you could see church members jump from bandwagon to bandwagon. First it was Barson. This elderly lady at my church gave me a copy of his autobiography presumably because I'm BLACK [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]. When Barson failed it was Ted Cruz. After him it was Kaisch. Finally when it was down to Da Don and Hillary many church members claimed they were Sooooooooo appalled by Da Don that they wouldn't vote for either candidate but I noticed a ton of similes after Da Don won. To be clear, I have not voted with members of my church on any issue.

Breaking kayfabe for a minute. So much truth RUSTY. I can tell you guys from first hand experience that White Evangelicals only Care about two issues and will vehemently support any candidate that tells them what they want to hear no matter how deplorable that person is. Many of you don't know this about me but I attend a predominantly White Evangelical church. During the GWB years everyone (minus the people of color) were beyond HYPED about the country and GWB. The pastor justified Iraq, the downward economy and everything when GWB was in office. He would use code phrases like "vote your conscience". When Obama was in office the only people that were happy were the church goers of color. Fast Forward to the 2016 election season and you could see church members jump from bandwagon to bandwagon. First it was Barson. This elderly lady at my church gave me a copy of his autobiography presumably because I'm BLACK [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]. When Barson failed it was Ted Cruz. After him it was Kaisch. Finally when it was down to Da Don and Hillary many church members claimed they were Sooooooooo appalled by Da Don that they wouldn't vote for either candidate but I noticed a ton of similes after Da Don won. To be clear, I have not voted with members of my church on any issue.

COAL COUNTRY just had to be poppin again famb, it was god's will.

Aren't the bolded parts violations of the Johnson Amendment?

Aren't the bolded parts violations of the Johnson Amendment?

I can tell u that soooo many churches violate it on a regular basis. When GWB won reelection one of the pastors went on stage and did a little dance chanting "We won". Soooo many members left that day which hurt the church in the long run when the economy tanked and membership was down.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom