***Official Political Discussion Thread***

-If you average all the national polls Clinton is ahead by like 5 points

-I caucus this weekend. Hopefully Bernie's phone bank will stop calling me hours of the ******* day

These fools call so much, and probably have so many notes on me and my girl's profile, I think they know we are a couple :smh: :lol:

-If Bernie's can win NV this weekend it will be big. Even though he starting to look a lil funny under the light recently.

-If Bernie's can win NV this weekend it will be big. Even though he starting to look a lil funny under the light recently.

Bernie worries me that he might not have 8 years left in him. What if his mind starts to go. By the time of inauguration, he would be 75.

I noticed Hillary add a few pounds so that she would look healthier.

[h2]Bad news for Ted Cruz: his eligibility for president is going to court[/h2]
Updated by Dara Lind  and Jeff Stein  on February 18, 2016, 11:22 p.m. ET

The Circuit Court of Cook County in Chicago has agreed  to hear a lawsuit on Sen. Ted Cruz's eligibility for president — virtually ensuring that the issue dominates the news in the runup to the South Carolina primary.

Cruz was born in Canada to a US citizen mother and a noncitizen father. The Constitution requires presidents be "natural-born citizens," but what exactly that requires hasn't been settled in court.

Now, perhaps, it will be. The lawsuit in Illinois aims to resolve the question by challenging Cruz's eligibility for the presidency. It was filed by Lawrence Joyce, an attorney who has told local media that he supports Dr. Ben Carson and has had no connection with the Trump campaign.

"Joyce said his concern is that the eligibility issue lie unresolved during Republican primaries, thus letting the Democrats take advantage of it after a potential Cruznomination, when it’d be too late," reports  the Washington Examiner.

When this question initially came up, the conventional wisdom among constitutional lawyers was that it was a nonissue: Cruz was obviously eligible. But as the debate has heated up among candidates (with Donald Trump, in particular, fanning the flames), it's also begun to heat up among constitutional law scholars.

The issue is actually twofold: whether Ted Cruz should be considered a natural-born citizen, and whether Cruz's own preferred school of constitutional interpretation would see it that way.

http://www.vox.com/2016/2/18/11058038/ted-cruz-court
doubt it'll go anywhere, but I love the sentiment, remind him of his Canadianity at every turn

So about that electibility narrative on TV...http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/17/n...s-may-be-more-electable-than-hillary-clinton/

Also,according to the newest Quinnipiac nationwide polls,Bern is actually polling better and beating every single GOP candidate H2H in general election polls while Hillary trails against Bush,Cruz, Kasich and Rubio...

He also leads in favoribilty,integrity and other positive qualities important to voters by quite a lot.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/images/polling/us/us02182016_Urpfd42.pdf

Quinnipiac University Poll/February 18, 2016 – page 2
Presidential matchups among American voters show:

 Sanders over Trump 48 – 42 percent;
 Sanders tops Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas 49 – 39 percent;
 Sanders leads Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida 47 – 41 percent;
 Sanders beats Bush 49 – 39 percent;
 Sanders edges Kasich 45 – 41 percent.
 Clinton with 44 percent to Trump’s 43 percent;
 Cruz with 46 percent to Clinton’s 43 percent;
 Rubio topping Clinton 48 – 41 percent;
 Bush at 44 percent to Clinton’s 43 percent;
 Kasich beating Clinton 47 – 39 percent.

If Bloomberg mounts a third party run, results are:

 Sanders and Trump tied 38 – 38 percent, with 12 percent for Bloomberg;
 Sanders tops Cruz 39 – 33 percent, with 14 percent for Bloomberg.
Sanders’ leads among key independent voters range from 45 – 35 percent over Kasich to
52 – 33 percent over Cruz. By comparison, Clinton’s best score among independent voters is 42
percent to Trump’s 40 percent.

Sanders’ leads among women range from 9 to 16 percentage points. Men are generally divided except in the Sanders-Bush matchup where the Democrat leads by 6 percentage points.
Clinton’s leads among women range from a tie to a 9-percentage point edge over Trump. Men vote anyone but Clinton by margins of 8 to 16 percentage points.

American voters give Sanders a 51 – 36 percent favorability. Kasich gets a 35 – 18 percent favorability with Rubio at a split 39 – 37 percent score. All other scores are negative:

 37 – 58 percent for Clinton;
 37 – 57 percent for Trump;
 36 – 45 percent for Cruz;
 21 – 26 percent for Bloomberg;
 37 – 48 percent for Bush.

From February 10 – 15, Quinnipiac University surveyed 1,342 registered voters
nationwide with a margin of error of +/- 2.7 percentage points. Live interviewers call land lines
and cell phones.

The Quinnipiac University Poll, directed by Douglas Schwartz, Ph.D., conducts public
opinion surveys in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Florida, Ohio, Virginia,
Iowa, Colorado and the nation as a public service and for research
http://www.quinnipiac.edu/images/polling/us/us02052016_Ust53w.pdf http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_presidential_race.html

Last edited:
-If you average all the national polls Clinton is ahead by like 5 points

-I caucus this weekend. Hopefully Bernie's phone bank will stop calling me hours of the ******* day

These fools call so much, and probably have so many notes on me and my girl's profile, I think they know we are a couple
mean.gif
laugh.gif

Campaigns are really that aggressive in the US?

During an election here in Belgium I'd be lucky to see a small "Support (party)!" sign in my town 
laugh.gif

We could deinitely learn some things from the US in that regard.

Last edited:
Campaigns are really that aggressive in the US?
During an election here in Belgium I'd be lucky to see a small "Support (party)!" sign in my town :lol:  
We could deinitely learn some things from the US in that regard.

Campaign season is usually very LIT for presidential elections.

Bernie worries me that he might not have 8 years left in him. What if his mind starts to go. By the time of inauguration, he would be 75.

People do know that Hillary is old too right? Like I know Bernie is older but they keep bringing it up like Hillary is in her 40s :lol:

Didn't she have some health problems a little while back too? Like she passed out and got a concussion or something.

As far as the last few days are concerned, I'm unhappy with Bernie and Hillary. Hillary has found her stride and her message and it is an ugly one. She is more or less saying that economic justice is a white and male thing. She is expropriating racial justice, LGBT issues and feminism and using them in service of neo liberalism and her own immediate political goals. She is the master of boardroom diversity, she is applying it to her campaign and she has even managed to get civil rights icons to suddenly start talking like Ayn Rand.

Bernie is doing nothing to counteract the narrative from Clinton. Every time racism and sexism comes up, he has to pivot back to Wall Street malfeasance and Citizens United. Until we address white supremacy and understand that it has a life of its own beyond economic forces, we will have disparate outcomes no matter how much we dismantle neo liberalism. Universal Healthcare, full employment and free tuition are all great policy items but we still have a society that devalues black people and black lives. Many of the high profile murders of unarmed black men have been inflicted on black young men who were middle class, educated (or they would have been if they hadn't been killed) and raised in two parent house holds.

The crown jewel of Bernie's unintentional white supremacy was when he implied that incarceration rates were so uneven because of unemployment. He is channeling Walter Williams and Dennis Prager and the National Chamber of commerce when he says that unemployed black youths are getting into trouble because they aren't working. They are getting into trouble because they act like all young men do and they have the misfortune of living in a community that is poor and over policed and disrespected by the powers that be.

In a general election, I do believe that relatively high turnout and demographic fundamentals will allow us to bludgeon whatever Republican is running. However, the narrative of the primary process is creating a very disheartening rift with one type of social justice pitted against an other. Intersectionality and Solidarity both need to not just be academic principles, they need to be governing principles among Democrats, even in a hard fought primary.

As far as the last few days are concerned, I'm unhappy with Bernie and Hillary. Hillary has found her stride and her message and it is an ugly one. She is more or less saying that economic justice is a white and male thing. She is expropriating racial justice, LGBT issues and feminism and using them in service of neo liberalism and her own immediate political goals. She is the master of boardroom diversity, she is applying it to her campaign and she has even managed to get civil rights icons to suddenly start talking like Ayn Rand.

Bernie is doing nothing to counteract the narrative from Clinton. Every time racism and sexism comes up, he has to pivot back to Wall Street malfeasance and Citizens United. Until we address white supremacy and understand that it has a life of its own beyond economic forces, we will have disparate outcomes no matter how much we dismantle neo liberalism. Universal Healthcare, full employment and free tuition are all great policy items but we still have a society that devalues black people and black lives. Many of the high profile murders of unarmed black men have been inflicted on black young men who were middle class, educated (or they would have been if they hadn't been killed) and raised in two parent house holds.

The crown jewel of Bernie's unintentional white supremacy was when he implied that incarceration rates were so uneven because of unemployment. He is channeling Walter Williams and Dennis Prager and the National Chamber of commerce when he says that unemployed black youths are getting into trouble because they aren't working. They are getting into trouble because they act like all young men do and they have the misfortune of living in a community that is poor and over policed and disrespected by the powers that be.

In a general election, I do believe that relatively high turnout and demographic fundamentals will allow us to bludgeon whatever Republican is running. However, the narrative of the primary process is creating a very disheartening rift with one type of social justice pitted against an other. Intersectionality and Solidarity both need to not just be academic principles, they need to be governing principles among Democrats, even in a hard fought primary.

Excellent post. I feel this way

Ted Cruz being the Zodiac Killer 
roll.gif

@Rexanglorum  that was a great post, the first two parts describe my frustrations with the democratic candidates perfectly.

People do know that Hillary is old too right? Like I know Bernie is older but they keep bringing it up like Hillary is in her 40s :lol:

Didn't she have some health problems a little while back too? Like she passed out and got a concussion or something.

There's a big difference between 68 and 74 years old.

Dude, no need to be defensive.

Trump faced age question too.

If Bernie were to become president, he would be the oldest person every to come into that position, like by 6 years.

It is reasonable to ask.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom